Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

Yll'r hovered toward the entrance, floating upside-down above the newest newcomer. "You missed the toast that wasn't actually toast," Yll'r explained. "But that is alright. I suspect you would have been just as confused as I was."
Gabriela Estrella (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The droid carrying Yll'r's punch bowl rolls quietly after Yll'r, apparently unaware of how out of place it looked just brandishing a bowl of fruit juice. ;)
Cinder (played by Alien_Princess)

Noting to themselves that Gabriela had seemed to host this party, Cinder suddenly wondered why there seemed to be a distinct lack of music. It was a must at any party, as well as party....enhancers, but that wasn't something they were about to suggest on a foreign station. They slowly danced over into her direction, again making two beat steps while fluidly moving their arms, slowing them in tandem with their steps until they reached near to their target. They turned quickly in an almost jump around to look at her, and reached their right arm out in an attempt to place it near her hip, as she was quite a bit taller than Cinder was.

"Does your race know of music? This is something all gatherings of any kind should have," they said with an excitable smile.
Marcus Winters (played by Thatnerdychick)

"pleased to make your acquaintances. you make call me Mr. winters, or just winters." He would state as he made his way to the buffet table. the servos in his powered armor whirring with each step and clicking with each swing of his arms as artificial muscle bundles tightened. He would pick out a few simple items, little bit of meat, little bit of fruit and veggies, then shield his face as his helmet opened and eat before re-sealing the helmet with a hiss and a click.

may not make**
Yll'y continued floating upside-down as though orientation didn't matter, this time meandering in the direction of Gabriela, almost seemingly queueing up politely behind Cinder as though they had a request or enquiry of their own but were too polite to cut in line. "Hello Winters, I am Yll'r," they declared as they parted ways with the newcomer.
Gabriela Estrella (played anonymously) Topic Starter

"Oh yes, we know of music... Does your race have sounds you would like to share with us? I can give you access to the station sound system for this level."
Jadi took a cup and moved to the side. She overheard the large mech stating his name and it surprised her. She had only ever worked on machines. She’d never had a conversation with one except for a ship’s computer. It piqued her curiosity and even made her lips turn slightly upwards almost into a smile.

She sipped the beverage and raised the glass to examine it. It was pretty sweet, almost how she expected, but different. A woman spoke welcoming her and an armor clad male.

Jadi moved towards her. “Quite the party”, she told Gabriela and Mr. Winters. “I hear its an annual event.. My first time at a thing like this.”

"I apologize for my lack of.. polite society attire. Work related matters kept me longer than I thought. Thus my... well i hesitate to call this attire." he said, trying to lighten the mood as he blinked, hidden by the helmet a few times, sending various readouts he usually left on away into closed tabs. atmosphere composition, temperature, motion sensors, energy sensors, transmission sensors and so on. a comprehensive suite of data that he just did not neat right now.
Cinder (played by Alien_Princess)

"Music....is good for the spirit," Cinder said with an attempted emphatic tone, though stifled by their attempt to remain professional with an alien leader. "My music, your music, it makes little difference so long as the spirit accepts it." Cinder reached down towards their right leg, reaching into their webbed skirting and pulling a small device out, then offering it to Gabriela fully. "Here is the music of my people. I am willing to share it if you want," Cinder said with an incredibly excited smile.
The bajoran woman turned to Mr. Winters, clad in his armor. “Nah don’t apologize.” She stood near him and Gabriela, listening to the other woman converse about another’s music. “The rules are to wear a mask… You have a mask.” She laughed a little at her own joke.

The truth was that she was excited to hear unique alien music.
"Oh, right... serial LQ---something?" he said, furrowing his brow in thought. "Yeah, I think I'll stick with Leroy. I might actually remember that." He said, a small laugh at his own joke, taking another sip of his punch. "Could I call ya L-V?"

With that, he drained the rest of his punch in one gulp, which quickly was revealed to be a mistake. "Ack, brain freeze!" he said, his face crinkling up in a rather amusing manner. Cryostriker gave him a little whistle, as if to say 'I told you so'.

"Aha, might have to go for something hot after that," he said, his gaze clearly on the buffet table. "I think I'm gonna head over there--been super sweet meeting you. Hope to see you later!"

Looking back to wave at Leroy, he started toward the table, not watching where where he was going and nearly bumping into Jadi--a serious looking woman dressed in all black. "Err, sorry, Miss--" he apologized. "I've got to pay more attention to where I'm going." he said, with a short laugh. Cryostryker, having gone back to hovering at his shoulder, gave her it's own little kind of whistled apology, in a sharp tone as if annoyed at it's master.
Zeno (played by GingerHades)

"Music is quite interesting," Zeno rejoined the other party-goers. "Humans can create just about anything, can't they?"

Zeno would know. He, too, was a creation.

"I've always wondered how it's made. Would love to learn more someday."
Maverick (played anonymously)

Maverick was honestly glad to see anyone like Zeno at all. The polite exchange let him relax and feel way more at home. Smiling, he took a sip of the punch, and listened to the idle conversation around them, making note of the new arrivals. When the tart sweetness hit his tongue, he made a face, but quickly recovered by clearing his throat. "Well, it ain't whiskey, but it'll do the job. Pleasure to meet you too, Zeno."

He gave his new friend a wink and then turned to face the rest of the guests. He'd never been to a masquerade before, and was a little out of place as well in his chaps and black leather jacket. Perhaps he and Mr. Winters could relate in that regard. Maverick caught his eye across the room and gave him a little nod of encouragement.

((Oh haha, guess that was a touch too late. My apologies))

((No problem! Let's just say the two rejoined the others together once they were done talking to each other. XD))
((Kolt, I’ll reply after the others catch up and try to incorporate you into this group. Thanks!))
((No trouble! And thank you!))

((This is my first time ever RPing in a group, so I'm learning a lot as I go xD I'm extremely rusty as well, but hey, you gotta start somewhere, right?))

((You're doing great! Think this is the first time I've RPed in such a big group, too, hahaha!))

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus