Posted by Kim on September 3, 2022, 9:00amHello all! A list of updates for you
- You can now make an "unlisted" character -- anyone who finds the link, either on the forum or elsewhere, can still see it. However, it won't appear in the community browse characters page. To use this option, go to Your Stuff > Characters > Edit (character name) > (Character name)'s settings
Throw a check in "Discourage search engines from indexing this character, and do not show it on the community character page"
Save with the "Edit My Character" button
- Added a "use this style" link when previewing a user-made character style. This was for folks who like to open a dozen different previews in different browser tabs to find their perfect character style.
- It is now possible to upload a group banner as large as 4000 x 500px, though it may be displayed at 2000 x 250px if using "Windowed" content style. If using "Open Air," the image will stretch the entire width of the viewer's monitor.
- All of the above info is now listed on the group banner upload page, so you don't have to guess at sizing any longer.
- You can also remove a group banner or icon if you uploaded the wrong one, even if you don't have anything to replace it with.
A few updates to inbox search from back in July:
- Searching the inbox will no longer return deleted messages.
- Made it possible to check/uncheck all conversations found by a search of subjects.
- Mass manipulations of search results (such as "delete all" or "mark all read" etc) will now return you back to the search results page, so if you have multiple pages of search results to delete, you can just keep going.
- If you search for "server" in the inbox, and set the "Search in" field to "Sender," you will now get a list of all system messages sent to your inbox.
Some stuff that happened back in May but I realized never actually got announced:
- I got some requests that people would like to see their own status updates in their homepage notifications, so they could see how it looked for others, and also see how it related to other notifications time-wise. So I went ahead and added own-statuses to the main notifications feed.
- Added "draft" and "age group only" icons to the Your Characters page. Draft characters will also have a different color "edit" button on your characters page to make the still in progress ones easier to find at a glance.
- Information on gender choices is now shown directly on the settings page when you go to set your user/character gender, rather than just directing people to look them up in the help section.
And of course, a whole bunch of hyper-specific bug fixes
Post tags: Feature Explanations