Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » My daydreaming addiction

Does anyone else just like instert your oc into a shows opening theme for no apparent reason or just instert them into random memes because you have 0 drawing skills?
I've definitely done that before but with book and anime characters too because you know sometimes I'm just listening to a song, watching a show, or looking at a meme and then just randomly think of that character-
I do that more so with movies/tv shows and songs. But usually my daydreaming consists of staring at a wall for hours. Maybe that's just maladaptive daydreaming... anyway, no I totally get ya there! If you want, you can make your own memes here if you don't already. It's really simple and it's fun.
I have done that, it also dosent help that after i read books i start making alternate plots in my mind! XD i swear i get caught doing that in class, i get called on and I'm like uh. . .i put my character in the book, movies, and basically anything i can so yeah i do that.
I absolutely do it, I even end up making characters to fit those songs, although they end up as throwaways, I have many of them written down. And yes shows and anythinf I can think of really that ends up working.
theemotionalgay Topic Starter

FrostWolf wrote:
I have done that, it also dosent help that after i read books i start making alternate plots in my mind! XD i swear i get caught doing that in class, i get called on and I'm like uh. . .i put my character in the book, movies, and basically anything i can so yeah i do that.
YES cause like one minute im just having fun inserting my oc into random stuff but then i end up making it into backstorys and lore lmao

AliRevellian wrote:
I do that more so with movies/tv shows and songs. But usually my daydreaming consists of staring at a wall for hours. Maybe that's just maladaptive daydreaming... anyway, no I totally get ya there! If you want, you can make your own memes here if you don't already. It's really simple and it's fun.
Is that what its called? cause people be telling me i just zone out at random times and i be mising entire periods of class or conversations cause my mind be like in another plane of existance

LostWanderer wrote:
I absolutely do it, I even end up making characters to fit those songs, although they end up as throwaways, I have many of them written down. And yes shows and anythinf I can think of really that ends up working.
SAMEEE. most of mine be intros from my childhood like wordgirl, static shock and og teen titans lol

FrostWolf wrote:
LMAO YES! my ocs lore and backstory be changing so much cause so many books and shows be habing really good stuff that i want to use
theemotionalgay wrote:
AliRevellian wrote:
Is that what its called? cause people be telling me i just zone out at random times and i be mising entire periods of class or conversations cause my mind be like in another plane of existance

Yeah, that's what it is. But don't start saying you have it because I said it sounds like it ^^; I'm not a doctor.
A big part of my waking hours is dedicated to daydreaming. I often do it when listening to music, and I have to listen to music to do a lot of tasks so it can get a tiny bit distracting at times. If I'm alone, i usually imagine I'm hanging out with a character, either my own or from something im heavily interested in.
ChebaTheBee

When it comes to daydreaming (which is what I do quite often, wherever I go my characters would be on my mind, just not in certain situations) I picture silly situations my characters are in, which can make me laugh! X'D There are times when I also think about romantic or (nowadays as well) wholesome situations. They make me melt so much... T-T

MeatCathedral wrote:
A big part of my waking hours is dedicated to daydreaming. I often do it when listening to music, and I have to listen to music to do a lot of tasks so it can get a tiny bit distracting at times. If I'm alone, i usually imagine I'm hanging out with a character, either my own or from something im heavily interested in.
that's a heavy mood. Sometimes I'll just be listening and I do uncounciously
This particular process you speak of has created vast Empires in my universe. It has also stimulated rp responses, helped develop characters and additional races, given personal writing projects direction, and many other things I'm not thinking of. I'm very much a dreamer, and my original characters and races are very much involved in all my dreams.

Daydreaming, in my opinion, is a powerful creative tool not often spoken about.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » My daydreaming addiction

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus