Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2022 » Imperious Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Imperious Symbol in Epic Week 2022. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Imperious Symbol
Let's go, Gemini coming in with the clutch! I'm pretty sure it's Star Wars, but I can't confirm anything without the final clue.
Dragonfire Moderator

Yeah, that's almost definitely the Imperial symbol from Star Wars. (Hi, Darth!)
I'm not sure if this would be annoying or even allowed - but I know a person who can give us the next clue, but I don't know if they participate this year on Epic week. So would it ok if I sent them a little message or would it be weird to just get a message that says like "heyy I dunno if you doing Epic week his year, but if you wanna, click on this link, preferably when no monsters are currently there"... It seems a little weird to me, so I'm not sure.
Dragonfire Moderator

That is absolutely okay! We often end up bringing in friends (or strangers!) from all over the site to help with things - and who knows, they might want to play/contribute elsewise, too. :)
Alrighty, I did it ^_^
Another idea would be to ask Doubutt if he wanted to look inside here, but I guess he's a little busy with... not dying XD
At least when I try to help :D
The bit about the charity auction sounds really familiar. I don't remember who it is though. I feel like it's Star Trek or Farscape but I get my sci-fi shows mixed up when I haven't been nerding on them in such a long time.
As mentioned before, that is the Imperial symbol, and the mention of charities makes me think of three ones:
    -One was Force For Change, where they auctioned stormtrooper helmets decorated by artists from around the world as part of a charity campaign for UNICEF.
    -Another was a charity actioning the items collected by the late David Prowse, Darth Vader, for Alzheimer’s Research UK. A notable piece was a Darth Vader helmet.
    -And the last one was similar to the above, but the items were collected by Jeremy Bulloch, Boba Fett's actor, with the money going to Parkinson’s UK. A notable piece there was a lifesize Boba Fett statue.

The only thing throwing me off is "fan charity auction" and my understanding of English, sorry >_<
Ilmarinen Moderator

Cheshika wrote:
The only thing throwing me off is "fan charity auction" and my understanding of English, sorry >_<

I'd wager that this means a fan-organized auction for charity, rather than an official one!
TheNightmareSavage wrote:
Let's go, Gemini coming in with the clutch! I'm pretty sure it's Star Wars, but I can't confirm anything without the final clue.

If we look at the symbol, it is definitely the Empire one... and since we are talking about Officers, that seems even more the case to me. It could be related to Admiral Firmus Piett, which destiny in the last movie was "saved" by fanmails asking for him to be in there:

"Though not originally intended to return in Return of the Jedi, fan mail supporting the return of the character convinced George Lucas to rehire Colley once more and write several new lines of dialogue for him."

No idea if he was mistaken for another officer, though.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "Cris Pieterson".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Darth_Angelus, author of this riddle wrote:
Cris Pieterson was a tractor beam operator about Grand Admiral Thrawn's flagship in the novel Star Wars: Heir to the Empire. When Luke Skywalker escaped the Grand Admiral's trap, Thrawn had him killed after discussing his training with the officer Pieterson served under. This scene is often misremembered as a similar scene in the third book where Thrawn allows the operator to live but has the officer killed for failing to train the people under his command correctly.
Ended up phoning a friend — a Star Wars super fan friend — and she was able to come in clutch for us!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Bookkeeper wrote:
Ended up phoning a friend — a Star Wars super fan friend — and she was able to come in clutch for us!

I love it when people do stuff like this XD

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2022 » Imperious Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus