Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2022 » Furious Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Furious Symbol in Epic Week 2022. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Furious Symbol
Dragonfire Moderator

Shiny and chrome!

(This is almost certainly about Mad Max: Fury Road - or one of the other Mad Max flicks, but the symbol's the Cult of the V8's insignia.)
WITNESS US

Super jazzed for this one, Mad Max let's goooo
Tar

Well this one isn't very ambiguous, Fury Road it is! Let's get that last cluuuue.
Mina Moderator

Hmm, I tried some things but none of them stuck

-war horn
- falcon (The interceptor was a ford falcon, and falcons soar?)
- doof warrior
- doof wagon
Dragonfire Moderator

Hrrrm. "Bugler", maybe? That's the title Immortan Joe gave the Coma-Doof Warrior in one of the backstories for the dude.
Tar

Dragonfire wrote:
Hrrrm. "Bugler", maybe? That's the title Immortan Joe gave the Coma-Doof Warrior in one of the backstories for the dude.

This is my vote for first guess too! It fits all the clues pretty solidly.
Dragonfire Moderator

I tried Bugler last time there was an opening, and no go, alas!
Tar

So if we assume that the individual 'on high' handing out titles is still Immortan Joe, perhaps the other two specifically refer to the War Boys and the Cult of the V8...?

If 'herald' has nothing to do with the The Doof Warrior, perhaps it's just a reference to the call for a witness in death.

I have tried an awful lot of titles and names though, including even those of vehicles he could have named...

If we don't get this by next round of monsters, I'm just gonna sit down for a rewatch of Fury Road ahahaha
Dragonfire Moderator

I gave another few answers a shot - figured that perhaps it was talking about titles from another herald in one of the other movies? Which got me thinking of The Toadie from The Road Warrior, but...

Things that did not work:
The Toadie
The Warrior of the Wasteland (referring to Humungus)
The Ayatollah of Rock and Roll (also Humungus)

Hrm. Is there any sort of herald-type thing in the video game that was released a few years ago, I wonder?
Dragonfire Moderator

We have tried the Coma-Doof Warrior and some variations on that theme, but you're welcome to try more!
Raspberry_Beret

This may sound dumb, but it's a furious symbol. Is it Furiosa?
I just tried Furiosa, no go. Here's some other things I tried, even though many were probably too obvious to be the true answer:

- Furiosa
- Mad Max
- Humungus
- Immortan Joe
- Witness Us / WITNESS US / Witness Us!
- V8
- Blood Boys
- Fury Road

I think we need some more obscure trivia? Perhaps from the video game released a while back? Or perhaps from the other Mad Max films that aren't necessarily Fury Road? I'm terrible at riddles, but this gives me a good reason to rewatch some of the films, etc. :)
Dragonfire Moderator

Gave Imperator Furiosa and Furiosa a shot, and those didn't work.

Since it's a title that we're looking for, I'm trying to consider other options that came up through the films. Maybe... I don't remember if there was any grand announcements of Aunty Entity or the warriors going into the Thunderdome in the third one. I'll do some digging to see there.
Oh, those are good shouts! Thank you for trying them. Good luck with the digging!
Dragonfire Moderator

Alright, couple more things to try when the way to the gate is open again:

-Dr Dealgood (the magistrate/Thunderdome announcer in Bartertown)
-The Flying Jalopy (the 'title' of the plane piloted by Jedidiah that eventually takes the kids to safety)
-Captain Walker (the title that the kids of the lost tribe give to Max, believing him to be the captain come back to take them to paradise)
-Skyraft (a plane, from the kids' tales)
-The River of Light (from the kids' tales)
-Tomorrow-Morrow Land (same)
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

New clue released :)
I have an idea, what if its one of the actors of Fury road? Since its from out of the world not within it?
GlassJungle wrote:
I have an idea, what if its one of the actors of Fury road? Since its from out of the world not within it?

Just tried Hugh Keays-Byrne with no success.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2022 » Furious Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus