Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » For the Sake of Science {1x1}

Gavin Stroud (played by Sage-Thorne) Topic Starter

"Nothing at all!" Dr. Chambers said with a smile. "It's Halloween... Everyone is in costume. You will fit right in all day long. This way, you won't attract too much attention, except for how realistic you 'costume' is... Oh! And here." He pulled out a bow, handing it to her. "I thought you might like this, as well.
She smiled brightly and tied her hair up with it. She gave the doctor a quick hug then stood, "I... I'm excited and scared..." she whispered.

"Don't be... This is going to be a wonderful day," Dr. Chambers promised with a smile. "Now, come. We don't have much time to get out without you being spotted." He took her hand and began pulling her out, down the hallway.

Gavin tensed. "She isn't allowed out?" he hissed, following swiftly behind.

"Not technically... But this is for science!"
She whimpered nervously but followed without question. She would do exactly as Dr. Chamber's on their excursion to the outside.

They moved through a few hallways, avoiding guards and other scientists. But before long, they suddenly emerged into the parking lot. It was a sunny day with a cool breeze, only a few clouds in the sky. Gavin shielded his eyes against the sun, and he glanced at Mariah. She'd never been outside before, huh?
The feline girl froze and gasped as for the first time in her life, she felt the natural warmth of the sun and the feel of the wind lightly rippling her fur. She looked up into the vast, blue sky and let the warmth beat down on her face. "This is amazing!" she exclaimed happily.
She looked around and spotted some grass and she ran to it. She let out a happy purr as the soft blades of grass touched against her toe pads, then she knelt down and touched it, a broad smile like no other planted firmly on her face.
"I live the outside!!!" she exclaimed, beefing up at Gavin and Dr. Chambers, a look of absolute, childlike wonderment in her eyes.

Gavin stuck his hands in his pockets and couldn't help but smile at Mariah. He inhaled deeply and glanced around. He supposed it was pretty beautiful, especially compared to the plain white walls of the lab.

Dr. Chambers grinned, and glanced at his watch. "Oh! I've got to go pick up a few things. Patrick, can you get her to the fair?"

"The fair, sir?" Gavin blinked. "It's costume only." He gestured to himself, meaning he had no costume.

Dr. Chambers chuckled. "You're a scientist, Patrick. You've already got a costume." He winked, then trotted off towards his car. "I'll see you there!"
"A fair?!" she asked excitedly and beamed at Gavin, "I get to go to a fair?!"

Gavin blinked, then looked at Mariah. "...I suppose so, yes." He cleared his throat and glanced around. "Come on, this way." He gestured for Mariah to follow as he walked through the parking lot to a motorcycle. Once there, he hesitated, before handing her the only helmet; her life was more important than his, he reasoned. "Put this on," he instructed, before getting onto the bike, motioning for Mariah to get on behind him.
She pushed the helmet on over her head and then did as he asked and climbed on. She had read about motorcycles in some books and even seen pictures of some, and she determined it probably wouldn't be a good idea to just let her tail fly out behind her. She grabbed the appendage and stuffed it between hers and Gavin's body then looked at him. "S-so... Do I hold on to you...?"

"Yeah," Gavin said with a nod as he started up the motorcycle. The vehicle roared to life and he began backing out. "Hold on tight, and lean with me, okay? Don't get scared; just trust me." He offered her a smile over his shoulder, then suddenly took off through the parking lot and onto the road.
She let out a startled cry and her unexposed senses were bombarded with the feeling of such speed and she struggled to fight for air for about five minutes before her body adjusted and she rested her head between his shoulder blades and pulled herself snugly against him.

As she got more comfortable, Gavin went faster, and leaned properly instead of just barely making a turn. It was weird, having warmth on his back and around his waist where he was usually cold. He couldn't help but enjoy it, though.

The ride to the fair was fairly long, a bit more than half an hour. Gavin slowed as they pulled into the parking lot and he chose out a space. "We're here," he said. She had been so still the entire way that he was sure she had fallen into a daze.
When she stepped off, she was on wobbly legs and she laughed, "Th-that was exciting," she grinned as she took off her helmet, "Um... What if... What if people who are allergic to cats come up to me...?"she asked nervously.

"Your fur is really just hair, isn't it?" Gavin asked, before shrugging slightly. "Either way, it shouldn't matter too much anyways. Now come on." He took her helment and put it in the bike's side container, before starting to walk towards the fair entrance.
She shook her head, "No... My hair is hair but my fur is fur..." she told him quietly, "I don't shed a lot... But that's why it doesn't need to be cut." she followed behind him, looking eager and nervous. She had never seen "Normal" humans before, so honestly she was terrified and she clung to Gavin.

"Don't worry; everything will be fine." Gavin let her stay close as they walked in. He went up and bought them admitance wrist bands and he bought Mariah a few tickets, in case she wanted to explore the games or rides. He himself prefered not to ride or play carnival things.

Everyone around them was in costume, dressed as vampires and zombies and witches. A few children ran around dressed as cute animals or even pumpkins. The smell of fair food wafted through the air, and there were sounds of laughter and music from the various rides, mixed with the shouts of people running games and stands. A few people noticed Mariah, but only grinned, commenting to their friends at her awesome 'costume'. Gavin leaned over to her. "Where to first?" he asked, smiling a bit. He knew it must be a bit overwhelming for her, so perhaps she just wanted to walk around for now.
Inside the fair, her under-used senses were bombarded by all the smells and sounds of the fair, some good and some gross. All of it together made her feel a little bit queezy and dizzy. She stumbled every so often as they got too close to one particularly potent thing or another.
"I-I don't know what's here..." she answered his question timidly, "I... I don't feel too good..."

Gavin looked at her, and frowned. Uh oh. He led her over to a bench where it was a bit less crowded. "Here, let's just rest for a bit so you can get used to everything, alright?" He withdrew his hand when he realized he was resting it on her tail beside him, and quickly folded his hands in his lap.
She sat down and rested her head in her hands then closed her eyes and took several deep breaths.
"Th-there's so many scents..." she whimpered a bit and looked up at Gavin, "I-it's..." she looked down again with a little grunt.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » For the Sake of Science {1x1}

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus