Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » For the Sake of Science {1x1}

Gavin Stroud (played by Sage-Thorne) Topic Starter

"I know..l just breathe, and let yourself get used to it," Gavin said, gently patting her back. "We'll wait here until you're alright."
She shyly rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. After about ten minutes she felt like she could cope again and she slowly stood then looked around.
A nervous but excited spark lit in her eyes when she spotted a ferris wheel and she looked at Gavin, "Will you go on that with me?"

Gavin blinked, tensing slightly at her head on his shoulder. But he didn't push her away. Once she was feeling better and chose out the ferris wheel, he nodded and stood with her. "Come on." He saw a crowd of teens passing by, so he took Mariah's hand to lead her through to the ferris wheel without getting lost.
She blushed under her fur but gripped his hand tightly and waited in line beside him.

After just a little while, it was their turn to get on. The operator, dressed as a zombie, gestured for them to get in. Once Gavin got her seated beside him, the "zombie" locked the bar over their laps and started up the ride once more. They were slowly lifted up, and Gavin leaned back casually, but not enough to push back their seat too much.
Mariah gripped the handles tightly and looked around nervously. After about a minute she relaxed and moved a little closer to Gavin, finding comfort in his presence.

Gavin took a breath and glanced at Mariah. "We can see the whole fair from here... See anything interesting?" he asked gently, looking around.
"Everything is interesting..." she said and took a deep breath as they got slight relief from all the scents below. "What do you wanna do?"

{Ach! My apologies!}

Gavin glanced at her. "I'm not really one for fairs... Nothing interests me. But people like the food, and the shows. We could go see a show...Or go through the haunted house. But it could be frightening for you." He didn't know if she had experienced fear before, and it could overwhelm her even more than the scents had.
"A... Haunted house?" she asked, "What's that?"

"An attraction. It's dark and people try to scare you," Gavin explained simply, glancing at her for a moment. "Over there." He pointed to a faux-mansion not far from the fair grounds; it was, after all, part of the fair.
"I don't want people to try and scare me..." she said quietly and looked timidly up at him. "We... We can go, if you want..." she said, though it was pretty evident she didn't want to be there anymore.
(Hiya! I know this is supposed to be a 1 on 1 RP, but it fits so well with my character so I at least had to ask. I would love to join if that's ok with you, but if not that's fine too.) :)

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » For the Sake of Science {1x1}

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus