Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Mini Might (played by Dragothemonk)

Smirks and hops up to sit on the table and watches the big people make the hats
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The Duchess claps her hand once more, and the locks on each of the chests open, the tops swinging up to reveal...

Over with Mini/Mimi/Tabetha, the chest is stuffed full of... eggs? Chicken eggs, little pale blue robin's eggs, giant ostrich eggs, something scaly that might even be a dragon's egg!

Over on the handyman's table, the chest is full of little glass bottles, almost like the sort you'd find in a hotel mini-bar.

"Good luck, teams! You have half an hour to create the most fantastic hat you can imagine!"
Mimi (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

"Eggs..." Mimi mused, peering curiously into the chest. "Well then!" She plucked one from the chest and held it out to Tabetha, saying, "Can I offer you a nice egg in this trying time?" She snickered.
Jacob Walker (played by FrostWolf)

Jacob walked in unaware of what was going on as he looked around. He had received the invitation but had shown up slightly later than intended. He only planned on staying for two hours anyway. The venue shocked him as he found himself surrounded by people he didn't know. His eyes landed on The Duchess. By expecting this invitation he had sworn to not kill any of his fellow people, it was rare for him to do this but he just wanted to have some fun. He put his mask on leaving his blue eyes exposed. He smiled as he walked in wearing his Black suit. "Well this is an interesting venue." He looked around seemingly on his own. He was out of his werewolf stage seemingly just a normal human.
Tabetha Marrowheart (played by GingerHades)

"Wowee!" Tabetha exclaimed. "Where could one find so many eggs?! This is outstanding!"

She suddenly turned to Mimi and took the offered egg. "Why, thank you, darling! I will absolutely accept your kind offer!"

And with that, Tabetha popped the egg in her mouth and began crunching on it. No hesitation at all. Yuck!

Peers into the chest to investigate the eggs and sniffs wondering if he can eat one
Interdimensional Handyman (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The handyman sucks on his teeth for a moment, gazing from under his bushy eyebrows at the box full of empty little bottles in front of him. Oh, he'd been confident, but now he's uncertain. He glances over at the other table just to check their expressions, sees they are already getting ahead of him, or at least don't look quite as baffled as he does, and decides that he'll try something he's a little more confident about. He turns to the pile of plain hats on his table and starts digging through until he find the one he wants to design for. It's a felt cowboy hat. He tries it on to make sure it fits his big head, finds that it's close enough, and plonks it into the dead center of the table. Huffing a bit to himself, he starts holding up bits of cloth against the hat, feeling like he's seen designers in reality TV shows do this sort of thing before so that must be the best way to begin any fashion-centric challenge.

Jacob would stay on the sideline watching not knowing where he was supposed to go or what he was supposed to do he seemed confused. He shrugged it was his fault for not being on time anyway.

"Welcome, my friend!" calls the Duchess, moving over to Jacob with a welcoming smile. "I'm so glad that you made it. There's still time to join one of the teams for the hat making contest, if you wish...? Or you can sit with me and watch the show."

Jacob looked at the duchess putting on a friendly smile. "I'm glad I made it myself. I can only stay for two hours though...my time is quite limited. However, I'm not one to do well in teams I think I'll just watch but then again this dose appear to be fun."

"If it's teamwork you're worried about, you could always be a team of one," suggests the Duchess with a twinkle in her eye, winking at Jacob.

"Alright!" Mimi beamed, as if Tabetha crunching on an egg was a very normal thing for her to witness. "Since we got a little dino here to model our hat, and some of those look like dino eggs, maybe we could make a sort of.. nest design?"
The Black Rock Hearted Boy (played anonymously)

Peeking into the ballroom, it almost intimidated the poor boy, as he came from a village that didn't have stuff like ballroom dances and fancy, expensive clothing. Hence why his outfit was lacking the beautiful, ballroom aesthetic.

He seemed to be around the age of 14-16 years old. He has black hair with brown highlights, with a noticeable blue, teal streak crawling down his hair. He seems to have freckles, but it's hard to tell behind the blue, black and gold mask. His skin is tanned slightly and he has a bucktooth in his mouth. His outfit he wore wasn't the best and most fancy for the occasion, but it was a white shirt with a few black marks on it with its' sleeves held up my arm garters, a light blue vest with all of its' buttons except for one on the left side of the vest, a pair of dark-brown pants with the ends and edges of them burned, and some boots that were a brown and black leather with metal on the toes of them.

The masquerade mask is of a dark-blue, with black accent colors and a golden sun painted on it with some glowing paint.

He questioned walking back out of the place, but he managed to keep his confidence up and move further into the building. The masqueraded boy headed to a one of the many tables and sat down, looking around. Ah, if only he had more confidence to maybe try and dance with someone here...

Jacob looked up with a slight smile. "I could always do that but then again, I don't really know whats going on, whats with these eggs laying around? And whats the point of the contest?"

Blinks at this train of thought of using him as a model and just sits shifting his eyes from Mimi to Tabatha and back again as if he actually can understand everything said.

"We're having a hat making contest. Each team is assigned its own mystery item that they must work into the design of their hat." She gestures to one of the tables that still has a locked chest on it. "You could take that one, if you wish?"

She turns to the new boy who has just joined, offering him a curtsy. "Welcome to you too, my friend! I'm so glad you could make it!"

Glancing up briefly at the sound of another guest entering, Mimi offered a friendly smile and a wave to the boy, before returning her attention to the task at hand. She already had ideas bubbling in her head, about how to make the design, but she didn't want to go ahead without Tabetha's approval; this was a team activity, after all.
Tabetha Marrowheart (played by GingerHades)

"BRILLIANT!" Tabetha cheered, grabbing more eggs (but not eating them). "Let us make a nest for our little dinosaur friend!"

Tabetha was too focused on finding a rounded hat for a base, and did not notice any of the new arrivals.
The Black Rock Hearted Boy (played anonymously)

The boy jumped when he noticed the Duchess. "O-Oh! Hi, hi, thank...thank you!" He smiled nervously. He didn't expect someone to notice him, especially since everyone else was in such fancy, much more elegant and beautiful outfits than him.

He also shyly waved at Mimi, since she waved at him.

Jacob walked over to the table with a confused look. He opened the chest pulling out the item that was within the chest. He couldn't tell what the thing was, let alone how to use it. He found himself sketching an image out in his head. The item appeared to be a little Werewolf figurine. His plan was to take the hat he needed to construct and theme it around Werewolves. If his guess was correct this would be an amazing hat...if not well things would surely go south. He looked around at the other's clearly outside of his comfort zone.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus