Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

"Welcome, my friend!" calls the Duchess, moving over to Jacob with a welcoming smile. "I'm so glad that you made it. There's still time to join one of the teams for the hat making contest, if you wish...? Or you can sit with me and watch the show."
Jacob Walker (played by FrostWolf)

Jacob looked at the duchess putting on a friendly smile. "I'm glad I made it myself. I can only stay for two hours though...my time is quite limited. However, I'm not one to do well in teams I think I'll just watch but then again this dose appear to be fun."

"If it's teamwork you're worried about, you could always be a team of one," suggests the Duchess with a twinkle in her eye, winking at Jacob.
Mimi (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

"Alright!" Mimi beamed, as if Tabetha crunching on an egg was a very normal thing for her to witness. "Since we got a little dino here to model our hat, and some of those look like dino eggs, maybe we could make a sort of.. nest design?"
The Black Rock Hearted Boy (played anonymously)

Peeking into the ballroom, it almost intimidated the poor boy, as he came from a village that didn't have stuff like ballroom dances and fancy, expensive clothing. Hence why his outfit was lacking the beautiful, ballroom aesthetic.

He seemed to be around the age of 14-16 years old. He has black hair with brown highlights, with a noticeable blue, teal streak crawling down his hair. He seems to have freckles, but it's hard to tell behind the blue, black and gold mask. His skin is tanned slightly and he has a bucktooth in his mouth. His outfit he wore wasn't the best and most fancy for the occasion, but it was a white shirt with a few black marks on it with its' sleeves held up my arm garters, a light blue vest with all of its' buttons except for one on the left side of the vest, a pair of dark-brown pants with the ends and edges of them burned, and some boots that were a brown and black leather with metal on the toes of them.

The masquerade mask is of a dark-blue, with black accent colors and a golden sun painted on it with some glowing paint.

He questioned walking back out of the place, but he managed to keep his confidence up and move further into the building. The masqueraded boy headed to a one of the many tables and sat down, looking around. Ah, if only he had more confidence to maybe try and dance with someone here...

Jacob looked up with a slight smile. "I could always do that but then again, I don't really know whats going on, whats with these eggs laying around? And whats the point of the contest?"
Mini Might (played by Dragothemonk)

Blinks at this train of thought of using him as a model and just sits shifting his eyes from Mimi to Tabatha and back again as if he actually can understand everything said.

"We're having a hat making contest. Each team is assigned its own mystery item that they must work into the design of their hat." She gestures to one of the tables that still has a locked chest on it. "You could take that one, if you wish?"

She turns to the new boy who has just joined, offering him a curtsy. "Welcome to you too, my friend! I'm so glad you could make it!"

Glancing up briefly at the sound of another guest entering, Mimi offered a friendly smile and a wave to the boy, before returning her attention to the task at hand. She already had ideas bubbling in her head, about how to make the design, but she didn't want to go ahead without Tabetha's approval; this was a team activity, after all.
Tabetha Marrowheart (played by GingerHades)

"BRILLIANT!" Tabetha cheered, grabbing more eggs (but not eating them). "Let us make a nest for our little dinosaur friend!"

Tabetha was too focused on finding a rounded hat for a base, and did not notice any of the new arrivals.

The boy jumped when he noticed the Duchess. "O-Oh! Hi, hi, thank...thank you!" He smiled nervously. He didn't expect someone to notice him, especially since everyone else was in such fancy, much more elegant and beautiful outfits than him.

He also shyly waved at Mimi, since she waved at him.

Jacob walked over to the table with a confused look. He opened the chest pulling out the item that was within the chest. He couldn't tell what the thing was, let alone how to use it. He found himself sketching an image out in his head. The item appeared to be a little Werewolf figurine. His plan was to take the hat he needed to construct and theme it around Werewolves. If his guess was correct this would be an amazing hat...if not well things would surely go south. He looked around at the other's clearly outside of his comfort zone.

((Gimme a 1d10 roll, Jacob? :) ))
Interdimensional Handyman (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Having held up enough fabric to his felt cowboy hat to feel like he had accomplished this ritual, whatever its purpose might be, the handyman turns back to his box of little bottles and resumes sucking his teeth. Finally, he picks up another piece of fabric, and starts laying the little bottles on it. He folds the fabric over the bottles, making a little pocket to contain the bottles, and then begins smashing the bottles with a hammer he grabbed from his tool belt. Crunch crunch crunch! Gingerly, he pulls back the fabric to reveal the shattered pieces of glass inside, and starts glue-gunning the pieces to his hat. The glue gun doesn't seem to be plugged into anything in particular, but it's still working fine. However, he quickly gets frustrated, and looking around, gestures frantically to The Black Rock Hearted Boy. "Psssst! Hey you! You've got more delicate fingers than my meaty fists... Come help me!"

Jacob looked around more before looking down at a dice on the table. What was going on with the dice? He picked it up giving it a roll.
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 7.
Tabetha Marrowheart (played by GingerHades)

"I think this one would look fabulous," Tabetha picked out a brown bowler hat. "What do you think, darling?"

Tabetha finally noticed all of the new arrivals, setting the hat down. "Ah! Greetings, all you beautiful travelers! It is an honour to have you all here today!"

There she goes again, trying to draw attention to herself for no particular reason...

The boy looked at the Handyman. "M-Me? I...okay?" He stood up and headed over to the Handyman. "What do you need help with?" He asked carefully, looking at the table filled with fabric and glass and glueguns.

The chest in front of Jacob swings open to reveal his assigned mystery items... The chest is full of popcorn, which must also be incorporated into his design! The table is also laden with plain hats he can choose from to decorate, fabrics, sequins, feathers, and whatever else a person might want to design a fancy hat. ;)

As Tabetha searched for a hat to act as the base, Mimi took some cloth and began carefully rolling it into a sort of bowl shape, like the birds' nests she had seen outside. She then began to attach feathers and flowers from the little boxes, weaving them over one another in such a way that it could appear naturaly constructed by a wild creature. She was pretty sure she had seen pictures of dinosaurs with feathers, anyway, even if Mini Might did not appear to have any. She held the construction up for Tabetha to see, hoping to get input before moving on to the next step.
Mini Might (played by Dragothemonk)

Mini Might steals a robbin egg while no one is paying attention and eats it in one gulp then eyes the hat that Tabatha found and hops around excited as if approving the hat

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus