Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Check out what my dad and I made

oGcR67U.jpg

It's called herb and garlic star bread. My dad has a lot of experience making bread and even gave me some tips that weren't mentioned in the recipe. He probably did half of the work, but I think it looks nice.

Recipe for those curious, though ours doesn't look as nice as the one pictured there.
Sanne Moderator

That looks glorious!! How did it taste?

I followed the link to the recipe but it doesn't show for me. I wonder if it's region blocked?
Foxfarer

That's awesome and looks incredibly yummy!
How much for it, I’ll give you my mailing address, I’m hungry now lol. That looks really good, I love anything baking related, just about.
Gosh that looks so GOOD! Basically any meal would be made luxurious by having that as the bread of choice. I bet when it's nice and warm and coated with butter it would be especially heavenly. @v@
Katia Topic Starter

@Sanne I don't know. I baked it for a party today so no one has tasted it yet. It did make the kitchen smell really really good. Also weird that you couldn't see the recipe. It's from food network, didn't think it would be region blocked. If you really want the recipe, maybe I can work something out for you? Print screen is a thing.

@Foxfarer Thank you.

@YinYang Well since I made it for a party, I don't think our guests would appreciate that. xD It's not that tough to make, just time consuming as any recipe is.

@Avitra I don't know about adding butter since it already has a chipotle herb and garlic cheese filling.
Oh my god this looks absolutely amazing!

As the official Lord of Chaos.... I demand 66 of these. Pronto.

But if that seems like too much you could always just tell me how good it turned out instead, and I'll totally allow that.

In all seriousny, (I typoed that and I refuse to edit it. What can I say? You get what you get xD) I hope you and your dad really got to enjoy that!
Katia wrote:

@Avitra I don't know about adding butter since it already has a chipotle herb and garlic cheese filling.

This would absolutely not stop me from adding, like, at least a light whipped butter. >: 3
Katia Topic Starter

Ok it has been sampled and I heard it tastes pretty good with goulash. Probably probably try it with that on Monday. By itself however it has a bit of soft pretzel taste, not entirely the same, but some similarities to be sure. The cream cheese chipotle adds a light hint of spice/kick as as well as the expected creaminess.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Check out what my dad and I made

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus