Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Character Music Prompts

Hi, all! Hope everyone's okay ☺️ I'm horrendously ill, so I'm sorry if these aren't my best work. Hopefully you all enjoy them anyway!

This one is as it says on the tin. Feel free to explain your reasoning behind each one, too! Usual rules apply, make sure to tag any NSFW stuff, etc. too please.

//

Here goes! Roll a D12 for your prompts.

1. A song that describes your character in general, or their outlook on life

2. A song that fits your character's backstory

3. A song that would fit them at their best

4. A song that would fit them at their worst

5. A song that describes an important relationship in your character's life

6. A song your character would listen to when they're down

7. A 'fight' song for your character, one that would get them fired up

8. A song your character would 100% sing in the shower

9. A song that people would be surprised your character likes

10. A song that would describe how a stranger may see your character

11. A song that could describe your character's love life

12. A song that you like that your character would dislike. Alternatively, use this one as a wildcard!
I am not the best at these dice roll games, but I'm going to try.

EDIT: Yeah...see I messed up.
Second and Final attempt - I really don't mean to mess up your game, Sky. I apologize.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit:

Midnight Syndicate - Born of the Night
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 10.
Gigi Glamour (played anonymously)

Finally, an excuse to put my horrendous character playlists to use.

🤖

Looks like the die likes the number ten.

10.) A song that would describe how a stranger may see your character.

Easy! ... Kind of. It was a hard choice between this and three other songs. Material Girl, I think the song speaks for itself.

rolled 1d12 and got a natural 10.

Note: 💃🕺

Charlotte Indigo Nash (played by _Skylark_) Topic Starter

((I'll let a randomizer wheel choose for me this time from my charas... Let's hope it's one of them with a playlist 🥲))

The wheel picked Charlie! My newest playlist, actually. So I present you her 'main' theme - and dare I say a bit of a classic...

rolled 1d12 and got a natural 1.
It'll be very interesting to see how this goes! Picking out songs for my characters is always super fun, so I'm ready to try this out on Doze.

Edit: This one was actually very interesting to do!

It took a bit of thinking to pick this one, as Doze's favorite album would probably be the Hawaii: Part II album by Miracle Musical, so I know I wanted to start off there. He would definitely have a big interest in particularly unique music, especially when it attempts to tell a story or feeling through a full album, so it's a perfect fit!

From this album in particular though, I think his favorite song would be White Ball, and the feelings it evokes in him. But, while that would be his favorite, I have to go with Murderers from that same album. The tempo and way the lyrics are delivered would be an absolute earworm for him, and he couldn't help but sing along. Overall I just think he would find the song very satisfying and fun, both while listening to it or singing it himself.

Murderers - Miracle Musical
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 8.
Martyr Daeva-Lazarus (played anonymously)

12.) A song that you like that your character would dislike. Alternatively, use this one as a wildcard!

👹

I'll go with the former, since this is the first time rolling a 12 in this game with this goober.

For the most part, Marty likes most forms of music, mostly out of appreciation. You'd think she has an aversion to classical because of her style and behavior, but she actually doesn't mind it and has more respect for the genre than one would think. Not to mention, she sometimes hangs with two classical music enthusiast, so it's a music type that is pretty hard to avoid.

Slow songs or country would definitely put her to sleep though, and if anyone put either on to listen to, she would audibly gag at their taste in music. She'd rather lick a live wire than be bored to tears listening to Michael Bublé.

And honestly, same. Martyr would like this song about as much as I enjoyed going to retrieve it (and just to clarify, I don't like the song at all, I just misread the prompt).

rolled 1d12 and got a natural 12.
Jack Wright (played by _Skylark_) Topic Starter

((Swear I didn't make this one just to show off character themes 👀 passing it back to my character wheel and the d12...))

The wheel was kind to me today ☺️ I'll try not to wax lyrical too much, but my dude has a pretty long playlist.
Quote:

I'm torn between two songs, so I'll just put them both here. All The Way by Jimmy Eat World, and Wonderful Life by Two Door Cinema Club. Both of which I can only describe as "ridiculously bouncy", and "aggressively optimistic" - so, him to a T, really.

I Will Survive was also a very close almost-tie
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 3.
Claude (played by etherally)

This is exciting! I got a list of songs for Claude already
5. Song that describes an important relationship in Claudes life

This reminds me of feeling overwhelmed and pushed on, such as how Claudes classmates did to him.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 5.
_Skylark_ wrote:
Hi, all! Hope everyone's okay ☺️ I'm horrendously ill, so I'm sorry if these aren't my best work. Hopefully you all enjoy them anyway!

This one is as it says on the tin. Feel free to explain your reasoning behind each one, too! Usual rules apply, make sure to tag any NSFW stuff, etc. too please.

//

Here goes! Roll a D12 for your prompts.

2. A song that fits your character's backstory

6. A song your character would listen to when they're down

7. A 'fight' song for your character, one that would get them fired up

11. A song that could describe your character's love life

12. A song that you like that your character would dislike. Alternatively, use this one as a wildcard!
I shall do this later I swear, I will roll now and then do it in a bit! <3
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 9.
Alpin-Lynx Blackstone (played anonymously)

Some of these may have bad themes, so be warned!

There are many for this prince but here are a few:
Older, a sad song <3
Am I supposed to apologize?
Cost of the crown
Lullaby for a princess
Battlefield
Phoenix
Royalty
Tori Sheika (played by SoulHeart57)

My current favorite child. As much as I love my Neo!tale peeps, i kinda halted work on them so i could focus on this guy and my other universe with my friend. Let’s see what i get.

Edit: Hmmmm… 12… I’m assuming wild card means I can choose another prompt then? I hope so, because I can’t think of a song that I like that my character might not like, so im going to choose 7. Both of the theme songs I put on Tori’s profile are kind of her battle themes, with Undefeatable being more something that sort of describes her feeling in battle in a way, especially if you listen to the lyrics, in my opinion, and the Virtuous Pope Remix’s being more something that’s just like a character battle theme, like when and anime main character starts doing cool stuff and saving the day. This also fits prompt 3 a bit, but yeah.
Shakey shakey!!

I'd say this song!

Xailah Alptraum (played anonymously)

Well that's embarrassing, I forgot my dice roll. ;_;

ᓚᘏᗢ

12.) A song that you like that your character would dislike. Alternatively, use this one as a wildcard!

Okay, I read the prompt fully this time.

This is always a hard one, because I like a lot of music which kind of translates a little bit into my OC's. It's especially tricky when a lot of my OC's have a pretty broad taste in music, or just like music in general.

Xail is one of the latter. She doesn't care about what she listens to, so long as she can dance to it. But I guess if I had to pick something, I feel like she wouldn't be the biggest fan of 90's grunge/punk, or rap in general, which is a shame because 90's/early 2000's rap was genuinely kind of fun.

So, in conclusion, I leave you all with Slim Shady. I like it, I think it's funny. I'm not sure Xail would like it much though. I didn't want to go and find the clean version so I'm leaving the bardcore version instead, because it goes hard and it is goofy.

Xailah Alptraum (played anonymously)

((Having to do another post since I'm a doofus, will edit above with the results of my roll))
3. A song that would fit them at their best.

Yeah, I am not the favorite son,
But I'm the one who's been here all along...

Zaharah (played by hexblading)

heehoo

Local bard sings in the shower.
image.png

Let's be real, we've all done this before and been lost in the sauce. We've also been told afterwards that we suck, and regardless of what we think about what our true capabilities are, so long as we enjoyed our little karaoke sessions in the shower, all's well and good. Zaharah here would use bath sessions as a bit of a warm-up for actual jobs to come, and would start off with a simple exercise like a tune from our bog man, good ol' Hozier.

The song itself is melodious and wonderful, not to mention that it drags off in heavy hums in the reprises; great for practice in hitting and holding notes. The lyrics themselves are sentimental, and hold a tender place in her heart. Good for starting out the day on a warm note, and that if you know where to look, there is softness in the world.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 8.
Varian Rüdiger (played anonymously)

*shakes the dice*

EDIT:

For some reason, I feel people would be surprised to hear Varian listening to Vaporwave. :)
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 9.
Cassandra (played anonymously)

dice dice

EDIT:

Not..sure this one needs explaining. <_< XD
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 1.

Note: shakey shakey

Voítheia (played anonymously)

DICE

EDIT:
Uhhhh..not really applicable, sadly...so I'll just do a random number <_<

This one for sure. Specifically because certain lyrics of the song.
HERE WE GO, EXPLANATION TIME UNDERNEATH THE COLLAPSE
Quote:
And I'm regretting having memories
Of my friends who they used to be
Beside me before they left me to die.
This references when the people of his town found he was possessed, they ran him out instead of helping him.
Quote:
These scary monsters roaming in the halls,
I wish I could just block the doors
and stay in bed until the clock will chime
This refers to the spirit that haunted/possessed him.
Quote:
I got this headache and my life's on the line
When he grew ill due to the spirit haunting him.
Quote:
I'm getting sick from these apologies
From people with priorities
That their life matters so much more than mine
Once again, the townspeople running him out.
Quote:
But I'm stuttering
I'm stuttering again
No will listen and no one will understand,
Because I'm crying as much as I speak
Cause no one likes me when I shriek
When he tried to explain he was haunted, but no one listened to him.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 5.

Note: SHAKE

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Character Music Prompts

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus