Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Soul Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Soul Symbol in Epic Week 2023. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Soul Symbol
Are these the same clues as the owl one or am I having a confusionā€¦
Ooh you're right
And the pic isn't working for this one either
Dragonfire Moderator

Let's file a bug report and give this one a minute. :P
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

WHOOPS hold please XD
Thank you Kim!!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

*sets symbol gently back on its feet and dusts it off* There we are!
Weapons are Humans - could this be something like Soul Eater?
i have no idea if this is about any anime's but if it is then... this opens a world of thousand anime's and manga's that possibly could be it
Ooh Shiny I think you might be on to something
Been trying to figure out where the symbol comes from and the Soul Eater franchise looks like it fits the bill
i think it is that one then. sad how it is a anime i havent seen and definitely wont see anytime soon so i wont be able to help much.
I haven't watched more than half a season so I won't be much help... I don't know how many spoilers are here. šŸ˜¬ The 'second attempt' clue seems pretty specific, so it's probably something to do with the story.
If it wasn't Death the Kid on the symbol I would assume maybe it's the scissors from Kill la Kill, and this is Nui-related. Lol. But it looks an awful lot like Death the Kid's symbol.
I had forgotten that they were almost done collecting all 100 souls at the beginning of the series (or is it 1000?) so that Soul could become a Death Scythe or Reaper or whatever. But they messed up somehow. So that's probably the Failed First Attempt. Although there's also a test later in the anime that one of the characters fails, so depending on if they retake that at some point, it could be that too.
I probably should have written my guesses down, but I've made every guess I can think of relating to Soul Eater and a failed first attempt. Maka and Soul's failure to achieve Soul Resonance and use "Witch Hunter", Death the Kid's failed exam, the remedial classes Maka and Soul had to take after failing to collect 99 souls... I'm stuck. Anyone got any ideas what it might be referring to?
Has anyone tried anything related to the manga B. Ichi? The icon and the first clues made me think of Soul Eater, and the Soul Eater manga-ka's first 'failed' manga series was B. Ichi. The characters in that manga can use more of their brain than the average person can (as in, that whole 'you only use 10% of your brainpower at any given time myth), and that gives them their superpowers.
I haven't tried anything relating to B. Ichi but it might also have something to do with Fire Force? I believe it's canonically a prequel to Soul Eater or otherwise takes place in the same universe. I unfortunately don't know much about either, so I'm poking around the wikis right now.
I tried Fire Force and its Japanese name, but neither worked. I haven't watched it yet, either.
Sooo, I looked up the Axis Powers because it's the only singular thing I can think of that is a 'Powers' besides, well, Austin Powers. Lol. And that final/third clue doesn't have an apostrophe so I don't assume it's possessive.... So I looked that up, didn't find much information that seemed relevant, or didn't know what to look for... Looked up True powers in my next search and turned up a video which turned up this guy https://youtube.fandom.com/wiki/Jhanzou

Who made his first video, True Powers, which is... Stick figures fighting. Inspired by/using fight sequences from a bunch of anime. More research after I eat! :)
So, on a different track, Death The Kid's true powers seem to deal with connecting the Lines of Sanzu. Here's one in particular, or technically two covered for spoiler (may be a major spoiler, I do not know).

Lines of Sanzu: A special trait reserved for Shinigami, which is represented as the three white lines in Kid's hair. As Kid gets older, he can connect the Lines of Sanzu in his hair, unlocking more of his Shinigami power in the process. When he connects two, he's considered his own adult Shinigami, and by connecting all three, Kid accesses his true Shinigami form and powers. Every time Kid connects one of the lines, his wounds heal, such as severed limbs reattaching themselves with no discernible damage to his muscles or nerves.
Parent's Seven Rays: Kid's most powerful technique, which can only be used once he connects two of the Lines of Sanzu and Liz and Patty are in Execution Mode. Kid then forms five coffin-shaped cannons, which float around him, and charges up so much power, that the air around him turns into a tornado. When the charge time is complete, Kid fires off seven beams of energy, two from Liz and Patty, and five from the coffins. These beams have enough power to slice the colossal Horror Dragon into pieces, and can converge into a skull-shaped energy blast that causes a destructive explosion when it hits something

So I will next be trying or recommend someone else to try

Soul Resonance
Shinigami powers
Symmetry
Death Cannon
Lines of Sanzu
Parent's Seven Rays
Connect the Lines
Execution Mode
Connect the Lines and Execution Mode
Two lines and Execution Mode
Dragonfire Moderator

The more I read, the more like B. Ichi seems like it's connected, here.

"Shotaro is frequently drawn with his face resembling a cartoonish skull. This distinctive design also appears on Shotaro's necktie choker in a later chapter. This skull later serves as Death's mask in Soul Eater, and the necktie choker is worn by Death's son, Death the Kid."

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Soul Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus