Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Share your modern day charas? ๐Ÿ‘€

Hi, everyone! I'm really interested in seeing your modern characters, as the title says. Be they pure realism, modern fantasy, AUs, human, nonhuman; I'm not picky. Just curious! โ˜บ๏ธ

I know modern realism isn't for everyone either but I still love my little main guys who are essentially Just Random Blokes
Nina Phelps (played by Dawnia)

If any of my characters define my fun here on RPR, it would be Nina. Created my first week here, she took on a life of her own after the initial roleplay went nowhere. I enjoy writing her story that integrates her roleplays into it!
(Adam, Adrian, and Seth)
Arkanite is my most modern-day character, though ebony and hazard are also modern day
I certainly hope fandoms are allowed because I currently have modern renditions of my favorite book characters (Sherlock, Moriarty, etc.) in spades! It's been a thing for me as long as I can remember to play as modern characters from all over though.

Oh! I also have a modern rendition of Wilson from Don't Starve because Klei is incredibly vague about timelines but they're very slowly incorporating new info. So we'll see how right my assumptions are!

I think once I get over my funk, I'll pick them back up and start playing around in the ball pit of prompts once again. ๐Ÿ’•
McMillian Agares (played anonymously)

McMillian here is for multiple time periods, but he was originally designed specifically for a Modern day RP.

He's a demon who has a 4-year-old (also-demon) son named Noah, and he has an angel boyfriend (played by a fellow friend) named Aleister Celestyn. Aleister's a preschool teacher, in-fact that's how him and McMillian met. He sent Noah there and then Aleister and McMillian both slowly fell in-love! <3

You can find more info on him on his profile!
_Skylark_ Topic Starter

I'll try to reply to everyone properly when I can โ˜บ๏ธ

@Dawnia - I do love the amount of detail that's gone into Nina. I'll admit to having cheekily read through her profile and it's really well made! I love that her story is developing in-RP too, it's something I'd love to do with my guys!

@Voliminal - I've seen all three on the forums, and I always love how you play them โ˜บ๏ธ I think the whole thing about Adrian and Dominick is super sweet, I've gotta say; does it come into Adrian's story at all?

@Gu7TMUNCH3RZ - I really do like Arkanite's design! I'm curious about their situation; are they benevolent, driven by curiosity? Or is it something else?

@Ath - it's good to see you again! Of course fandoms are allowed, and you do some amazing work with the canon chars you use! It always makes me so happy to see your work, I can tell you care a hell of a lot about the characters! Regarding Don't Starve, too... I absolutely love that game and I'm so into the lore. I am all here for modern Wilson ๐Ÿ‘€ Though the Maxwell and Charlie arc is my current fav.

@McMillian - that's such an interesting concept! Taking a gander at his profile, I love it. He seems like a darling, and his partner as well! I'm such a sucker for supernatural characters having families ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Sorry for the length of this, I hope I got everyone!
McMillian Agares (played anonymously)

_SkyLark_ wrote:
@McMillian - that's such an interesting concept! Taking a gander at his profile, I love it. I'm such a sucker for supernatural characters having families ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Thank you so much!
I am too, hence... McMillian. <_< XD
Ooooh, you wanna see modern? I've actually got a couple!
None of them are pure modern/realism, I like having some sort of supernatural element involved to keep things interesting. A trend you'll notice with these guys here:


Ginger - One of the two main characters of a collaborative worldbuilding project that I'm working on with SoupGremlin! It's basically demons vs. pseudo-angels in a modern setting- Ginger, in this case, has fled the Underworld and now wants nothing more than to live peacefully among the mortals.

Mixie - From the same universe as Ginger. She started out as your average modern-day human person, but then she underwent Character Developmentโ„ข and is now a nasty demonic people eater. Side note, her and Ginger don't get along very well, and it doesn't take a genius to know why. Mixie's pretty awful.

Patches - Can exist in pretty much any setting, but I think modern works best for this little fella. Patches is a haunted ragdoll who's super friendly and too dumb to realize that it's trapping people in their own nightmares. Can either be your best friend or the bane of your existence, no matter what setting you find them in!


I have a couple more characters who are from the same world as the first two are, but they're sitting in draft mode right now... Maybe I'll update this later when I decide to pull them back out. :D
_Skylark_ wrote:

@Gu7TMUNCH3RZ - I really do like Arkanite's design! I'm curious about their situation; are they benevolent, driven by curiosity? Or is it something else?

Arkanite is mainly driven by his curiosity on certain human customs, seeing as he had no time to do said things in the underworld
Keiko (played by Astrobeans)

While I got a bunch, I got to go with the gal that been most of my roleplay journey. This little cherry bomb has been altered so much, so much design changes and personalities. Want to get pumped up? Keiko is your gal.
_Skylark_ wrote:
@Ath - it's good to see you again! Of course fandoms are allowed, and you do some amazing work with the canon chars you use! It always makes me so happy to see your work, I can tell you care a hell of a lot about the characters! Regarding Don't Starve, too... I absolutely love that game and I'm so into the lore. I am all here for modern Wilson ๐Ÿ‘€ Though the Maxwell and Charlie arc is my current fav.

I appreciate that and it's certainly good to be somewhat back in the game! Thank you for noticing -- my love for my characters can be borderline obsession at times, but eh heh heh, I digress!

I also am grateful my work is that good to you -- I thoroughly enjoy yours as well. You are also a wonderful inspiration with your fantastic prompts and games that force us all to really think things through for our characters. Gets the brain meats goin'!

And, oh man, yes that arc makes me so curious, especially with the update that came around recently. I wonder what her plans are with him... ๐Ÿค”
Just random blokes you say?! Allow me to introduce:

Aaron: Chef and single father just trying to do right by his son
Cadence: Quiet, introverted, sheltered librarian longing for more from life
Thalia: A lonely school teacher hiding a secret from her past
Neriah: A fiery redhead(TM) who paints, waits tables and dreams of adventure in the great wide somewhere

I'm sure I have more that fit the bill, but these are my favorite modern babies. Though admittedly most of my characters can be altered to fit most genres. That's the fun of them!
Ti is new!
She is probably the only character on the roster that is purely modern. Still trying to flesh her out, but I'm pretty excited for her!
Ooooh boy, I don't have many modern characters, but I'm here to give you what few I have!
Artemis Fowl Jr. - You may (or may not!) recognize this 2000s book protagonist from the Artemis Fowl book series, or from the Movie Adapation by Disney!
Doll Hansen - Made for a group of mine, Beyond2000. :)
Gaynor Schmidt - Made for a group of mine, Beyond2000. :)
Five Hargeeves - From "The Umbrella Academy", this time-traveling, secretly-old, little guy. :D
Oliver Quill (played by Banshee)

Oliver turned a vampire between WWI and WWII. He's good for 1920's to modern roleplay with supernatural elements. 8 )
Corbeau (played anonymously)

(This is Auberon, but all my OCs are anon.)

Here is my sad little supernatural crow who shapeshifts into a people. She can detect and identify any kind of magic, but is a null when it comes to using it (but she can use magical items!). She's had a rough past but is enjoying a wonderful growth arc of healing and happiness with a supportive boyfriend and a fresh start. Her death hawk has grown out (some profile art is old), and she's moved on with her life.

A Louisiana girl born and raised, she's relocated to Ireland and is - believe it or not - teaching linguistics courses at a university as a doctoral candidate. She's a polyglot and lives to learn more about the evolution of languages and the ways in which we communicate with one another.

Profile has a CW, but to be safe, please be aware that it contains some heavy content that may be triggering to some people.
_Skylark_ Topic Starter

I want to reply to everyone properly but I also don't want to clutter up the thread, so sorry if it's short feedback; if you want to discuss further please feel free to! I'm also putting these under cuts cuz I don't want people to have to wade through walls of text haha. Sorry if it's rude to @ people as a cut ๐Ÿ˜ญ
GingerHades wrote:
Ginger - One of the two main characters of a collaborative worldbuilding project that I'm working on with SoupGremlin! It's basically demons vs. pseudo-angels in a modern setting- Ginger, in this case, has fled the Underworld and now wants nothing more than to live peacefully among the mortals.

Mixie - From the same universe as Ginger. She started out as your average modern-day human person, but then she underwent Character Developmentโ„ข and is now a nasty demonic people eater. Side note, her and Ginger don't get along very well, and it doesn't take a genius to know why. Mixie's pretty awful.

Patches - Can exist in pretty much any setting, but I think modern works best for this little fella. Patches is a haunted ragdoll who's super friendly and too dumb to realize that it's trapping people in their own nightmares. Can either be your best friend or the bane of your existence, no matter what setting you find them in!

@Gingerhades
I've seen all three of these charas in the forums and they always catch my eye! I'll admit to having been absolutely drawn in by each profile, and the backstory and worldbuilding is just phenomenal. Ginger and Lex's friendship is sweet as heck - I love the concept of Ginger in general being an outcast of sorts. Mixie and Patches are trying in their own ways and I love their concepts, but I wouldn't want to meet either of them in a dark alleyway ๐Ÿ˜‚ There's a lot else I want to say but I'll leave it brief here lol! Off topic but I would really like to give drawing Ginger a whirl one day, if you're happy for me to!

Astrobeans wrote:
While I got a bunch, I got to go with the gal that been most of my roleplay journey. This little cherry bomb has been altered so much, so much design changes and personalities. Want to get pumped up? Keiko is your gal.

@Astrobeans
Nothing better than a character that you can put care and development into, and I do reckon RP is such a good way to do that! I love the whole dynamic with her and Tori as well, what a way to meet your S/O lol! I now have Cherry Bomb in my head. Good song ๐Ÿฅฒ

wilts wrote:

@wilts
Four very different and well written concepts, and the profiles themselves are stunning! The link for the second one doesn't seem to be working, though :( Briefly, Luther is the first mortician character I've seen and as someone with an interest in death and the "death industry", I'm curious ๐Ÿ‘€ What era do you usually play him in? Modern or historical?
Lucie's profile is absolutely phenomenal and feels so true to life, I can imagine she's had it rough. I do love a wild child chara, but I feel for her. Primo seems like an intriguing one. I really want to know more about him, haha!

Dndmama wrote:
Just random blokes you say?! Allow me to introduce:

Aaron: Chef and single father just trying to do right by his son
Cadence: Quiet, introverted, sheltered librarian longing for more from life
Thalia: A lonely school teacher hiding a secret from her past
Neriah: A fiery redhead(TM) who paints, waits tables and dreams of adventure in the great wide somewhere

I'm sure I have more that fit the bill, but these are my favorite modern babies. Though admittedly most of my characters can be altered to fit most genres. That's the fun of them!

@DndMama
Yess I cannot describe the love I have for charas who are Just People. Like, I like high fantasy, sci-fi, eldritch horror, massive adventures -- anything, really, but slice of life holds a ridiculously firm spot in my heart. I just can't get enough of learning about people's characters and what makes them tick ๐Ÿ˜ญ I digress though, I have a lot of feelings about your chars but I'll try to keep it brief.
Aaron - I really bloody love him. I totally understand the "chill sweetheart at home, runs a tight ship in the kitchen" because my partner used to work as a chef and he's the biggest darling in the world, but when he's in the zone... ๐Ÿ˜‚ it's a trait I love to see in characters, honestly. Aaron seems like such a good dad, too, and such a generous person, like - good on him!
Cadence - I feel like she's someone I'd get on with in all honesty, lol. I definitely get vibes that she's not to be messed with, though. Gotta love a studious gal who can hold her own. Her name is just so fitting too and it rolls off the tongue.
Thalia - so much sympathy for her. Bless her, honestly. I really enjoy seeing a character with a good heart who wants something more for themselves - having to learn to put themselves first, while still wanting to care for others. I have a chara who deals with a caretaking aspect as well, though admittedly took a different approach than Thalia.
Neriah - Fiery! I can imagine she's the type to get into trouble and enjoy every moment of it, but still keep her integrity. A force to reckon with, and I bet very fun to use!

silentruth wrote:
Ti is new!
She is probably the only character on the roster that is purely modern. Still trying to flesh her out, but I'm pretty excited for her!

@silentruth
Ooh, I like her! She gives me a True Neutral vibe and it's interesting to see her working with nonprofit organisations; from the info on her profile, it seems like she believes in the fundamental good in people at heart. She's really intriguing, and I can defo see why you're excited to use her!

Varian wrote:
Ooooh boy, I don't have many modern characters, but I'm here to give you what few I have!
Artemis Fowl Jr. - You may (or may not!) recognize this 2000s book protagonist from the Artemis Fowl book series, or from the Movie Adapation by Disney!
Doll Hansen - Made for a group of mine, Beyond2000. :)
Gaynor Schmidt - Made for a group of mine, Beyond2000. :)
Five Hargeeves - From "The Umbrella Academy", this time-traveling, secretly-old, little guy. :D

@Varian
Can't say I know anything about Artemis Fowl canon, but I do see the passion you have for the char! I do however know about UA and Five is a definite fav. It's been a few years since I watched the show properly, but he's an interesting character for sure and I reckon you can do a lot with him. Gaynor and Doll are cool too, I love the 2000s aesthetic and how you've characterised them both! The playlists are a nice touch.

Banshee wrote:
Oliver turned a vampire between WWI and WWII. He's good for 1920's to modern roleplay with supernatural elements. 8 )

@Banshee
I am so intrigued by Oliver. And the whole idea of Satias (bit of a side note but is that from the word satiate? because if so I really like that ๐Ÿฅฒ) Such an interesting idea to have something that's essentially a dependency (I assume, I may be wrong though!), but can help keep the beast side under control. The journals give some nice insight into Oliver's character as well. He seems very complex!

Auberon wrote:
Here is my sad little supernatural crow who shapeshifts into a people. She can detect and identify any kind of magic, but is a null when it comes to using it (but she can use magical items!). She's had a rough past but is enjoying a wonderful growth arc of healing and happiness with a supportive boyfriend and a fresh start. Her death hawk has grown out (some profile art is old), and she's moved on with her life.

A Louisiana girl born and raised, she's relocated to Ireland and is - believe it or not - teaching linguistics courses at a university as a doctoral candidate. She's a polyglot and lives to learn more about the evolution of languages and the ways in which we communicate with one another.

Profile has a CW, but to be safe, please be aware that it contains some heavy content that may be triggering to some people.

@Auberon
First of all, I love her. The species, her design, the idea of her being able to detect magic but not use it. She seems like such a well made and complex character and I am here for it, it's wonderful she's getting a growth arc too! I think the idea of her wanting to learn about language and being endlessly curious is pretty accurate too, considering how crows are! I really love the whole concept of her โ˜บ๏ธ Her name fits super well, too.


Phew, I hope I got everyone!! Sorry for how awkwardly this is formatted, lol.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Share your modern day charas? ๐Ÿ‘€

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Sanne, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus