Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » » What's Your OC's Biggest... (IC/OOC)

YESSIRRRRRR back with another game, for sure!

This one is pretty simple: it's all about answering the big question about what your OC's biggest X is. What that X would stand for, depends on what number comes out of your 1D12 roll! Not a lot of rules here aside from the general expected shit, but I do have a couple of guidelines I'd appreciate you'd follow, it would just make this game turn out a bit more fun & interesting.
  • Try to be elaborate! That's what makes these type of games (lookin' at the almighty Skylark, who might be the starter of this dice-role-character-essay trend).
  • I know it's not realistic for everyone to be an open book, but if your OC wouldn't want to answer themselves, just go OOC. It would be hella boring if your entire reply is them saying "No, it's a secret, grrrr!".

Yeah, that's about all there is to it. Lemme list all the possible Biggest X's, and let's get writin', sinners!

What's Your OC's Biggest...
  1. Source of joy?
  2. Regret?
  3. Secret?
  4. Guilty pleasure?
  5. Source of sadness?
  6. Fear?
  7. Reason to get up in the morning?
  8. Achievement?
  9. Failure?
  10. Source of anger?
  11. Source of pride?
  12. Thing they're working on?
Might update this to a list of 20 points, could use some suggestions, so feel free if you have ideas for a larger version.
Happy writing, yo!
Let's roll the dice!

11... My biggest source of pride? Huh, that's... actually a tricky one. Sure, maybe I have a bit of an ego, but I like to think I have a few things going for me. Lemme think...

Yeah, okay, I think I've got it, but lemme tell you what it isn't, first. It's not my magic. I'm proud of my magic, don't get me wrong. The fact that I've been able to make so much use out of my abilities, that I've been able to learn and do as much as I have with the raw, unbridled power of the arcane forces of the cosmos, that I've been able to even explore it in a way that very few to no others have managed without going completely insane is awesome and is probably the thing that gets me the most... excited to do new things every day, but in some ways it's... coming from an unfair advantage. I have no complaints about being born-with-nine-tails, I have a lot of raw power I can throw around and that let me jump-start my experience in magic, and they're a huge part of how I became who I am, and I like who I am. But at the same time, yunno, I know it's a lucky gift.

What I'm most proud of to this day is something I didn't need my magical gifts to do. What I'm most proud of is my Shriker hoverbike. It was an old, outdated model that was just sitting in a garage at a ranger base waiting to be processed for scrap, parts, or even just thrown in the Mass-Energy re-processor, but I was able to trade some good hunt for it and a copy of the maintenance and operation manual. The rangers didn't care, right, it was just taking up space and not dangerous, so they sold it to me as surplus. Over the course of forty years I was able to buy, trade, or steal parts, tools, and so on to rebuild it and get it fully operational, and then had to wait another decade or so before I went upright as a full adult and could do more than test the engine and make it travel on autopilot. That wasn't reliance on my lucky strength in magic, that was just me working hard on a goal and making it happen.

I've... put a lot of aftermarket upgrades into it now, overhauled a lot of the internal systems and replaced some of it with ancient, hyper-advanced drone parts, but it's still my Shriker-bike, and I'm the one who rebuilt it. That's what I'm most proud of. And no, you can't touch it.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 11.
Sorriso (played anonymously)

Whats Your OCs Biggest... wrote:
Failure?

"My biggest..." His voice faltered, as if his mouth had been slowly glued shut. It hurt to remember that night, he caused so much to happen that he didn't mean to. "Failure.." He finished his sentence, in a melancholy, regretful voice. "My biggest failure... That's a bit of a complicated one." Sorriso bit his lip, tapping his foot on the floor.

"Well, I work for the Scotland Yard. And on one of my cases, things went a little wrong and I...ended up hurting people and I didn't mean to." Sorriso replied, it was strangely vague, as if he didn't want to speak of it. In fairness though, Sorriso didn't want anyone to know that the infamous downfall of the Aima Traveling Circus was his fault and not his guise Miles' fault.

It was only natural for this boy to be vague, out of both guilt and his job.

"It was all a big accident, and I blame myself for every bit of it." Sorriso avoided eye-contact with anyone that might be here at this time. "We should move from this subject, it's not very good for me to remember." Sorriso fought back tears.

Bonus Information ✨ - TW: Death
Though there was a few people involved in that incident, Sorriso could only think of her. He had fallen in-love with her by mistake, unrequited love was hard enough to deal, but when you've accidentally killed them... Sorriso, nor the girl he fell in-love was never to recover. Never.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 9.
Amukhat (played by Leighoflight)

Biggest source of anger...hmmmm

She hates being sneaked up on, which unfortunately for Amu happens a lot around Silver. She hates being picked on and will give a warning bap to the head if pushed too far.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 10.
Heck yeah, I love these types of games! :D
Now let's see...

1. What's your OC's biggest source of joy?

"That one... is a tough question," The researcher mused, taking a moment to evaluate her own set of choices. "A lot of things bring me joy in life. Like visiting the firing range or chatting with Elliot. For the most part. But above all else? I'd have to say I get the most joy out of exploring the great beyond. My line of work requires me to travel great distances to learn more about the other denizens we share our galaxies with. I love every moment of it. To think, at some point in our history, we used to wonder if we were alone in the universe, and now that we know the answer, I get to witness it first-hand. It's an absolute honour-"

For a brief moment, Eleanor's sentence comes to a halt, her posture drooping as her consciousness faded out. Suddenly jerking upwards, her eye colour had changed significantly- and uncharacteristically, she was grinning like a madman.

"I have to agree!" Elliot, now in control over their human host, nodded enthusiastically. "It's not every day you wind up with a host who wants to work with you, and let you explore with them. I mean, sure, she did try to get rid of me when we first met, but I kinda get where she was coming from. But everything's okay now, and I'm so happy with my life!"
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 1.
Riddle Rosehearts (played anonymously)

Heh~ You've got some nerve.

EDIT:
Source of pride?

🌹

Riddle raised his brows, "Source of pride? Well, my knowledge in many subjects is a pride of mine, I suppose."

"But it also a source of sadness. At least, in the past..." He frowned, thinking of his mother, who made him study a lot, alone, and refused to let him play with his friends and have fun. "Nevertheless! I will continue my studies! It is important, after all."
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 11.

Note: Will edit later

I guess I might try this out. Quick question tho, can I roll, THEN choose the character I want to use?
Omhijhast (played by _Skylark_)

((oooh I love me some forum games! Thanks for the mention too, Garnaal - I'm honoured! I do really enjoy seeing everyone's characters here on the forums, everyone's so talented! That being said, I'm gonna use a random picker wheel and the d12 to pick my character/question. Let's go 👀))

--

The wheel says Oobleck deer! I'll do this one OOC cuz Omhi hasn't learnt to talk beyond mimicry yet lmao. Relevant though, as Omhi's biggest (future) achievement will be learning to communicate. It certainly won't be perfect, and they'll likely have their own weird lexicon, but I'm pretty sure that it'll be a big help when they actually manage to get a grasp on it.

Even though I'm on hiatus, I had my first RP running with Omhi before everything kicked off irl (which I'm still very excited to get back to!) and from a writing standpoint at least it's very fun to pick out dialogue and think, how can I restructure this into something else? How would a cryptid understand and use this word going forward without much context? I guess from that perspective, it's kind of my achievement too- taking the plunge with something I've never tried before!
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 8.
GarnaalProductions Topic Starter

((
SoulHeart57 wrote:
I guess I might try this out. Quick question tho, can I roll, THEN choose the character I want to use?

That's fine, yeah! ))
My.. biggest regret? I.. Well, I regret it a lot, but my biggest regret is... Not being given the chance for a secure future. It's not in my control, but.. I still regret it.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 2.
GarnaalProductions wrote:
((
SoulHeart57 wrote:

That's fine, yeah! ))

(Great, thanks!!)
Amara (played by Reithesniper)

1Amara receives a card with the number 8 on it.. interest but she reads it and responds to said question

"My biggest Achievement.. would probably be my little family.. me Kami and Manico, I say family its not like were all related.." she said quietly "My favorite person would be Manico her fighting spirit exedes mine by a lot.. but Kami keeps her calm, normally we train and Manico even lets me get my hits off.. although I have a long time before I reach her power.."

She chuckled "Thats my biggest achievement.. me, and my mentors
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 8.
Yaazecsus (played by Leighoflight)

Lets see

Biggest thing she’s working on??? Thats a challenge.

Raising a family of four small infants
Converting a mansion into a resort destination
Return to work eventually
Work on getting her baby weight off

All at the same time
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 12.
Well, here we go * Cue Mario music*
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 10.
Rhys Murdoch (played anonymously)

So let's see...
What have we got here

Edit: Biggest source of... SADNESS - this is starting just great!

But since this is no fun if I don't answer, just keep in mind that I know all of yall's secrets as well ;)
My biggest source of sadness is your mom, because she didn't stay for breakfast!

Just kidding, alright, alright - Maybe there are quite some sources I can think of, but the biggest ones are the ones I usually don't talk about.
I'd probably crack some weird jokes as you've witnessed and then simply move on, but deep down inside, maybe it's the fact that people don't stay. That they all come and go, in what it seems just enough time to start growing used to having them around, starting to adore their little flaws and weird particularities - only for them to move on as if they never really cared... or maybe I just move on with whatever I think I need to achieve in life and there's no space left for them?

Sounds gloomy and sullen, you see? Great for getting to know each other.
Not a fun conversation to have, definitely not my cup of tea.

But still nice to share a little bit of private stuff in exchange for y'all opening up as well.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 5.
Lets do it

Cairo catches a card with the number 9 on it

"My biggest faliure..." He sighs deeply before collecting himself

"I failed to save my best friend some corpo suit walked in our door and shot him i still remember how it looked" Cairos voice grows a bit quiet

"When a sandevistan activates is makes the user faster that everything around them i saw every moment of every second i can still see head sometimes when i close my eyes i was so damn scared i could barely move but i managed to delta outta there before my sandevistan deactivated" Cairo finished his story and went completely silent his head hung low
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 9.
Jared Ford (played anonymously)

Quote:
5. Source of sadness?

"When I was five, my parents announced that we were moving to another city. I was devastated because I was just starting to make friends in my kindergarten class. Well, that next year was hugely sad for me... I had a hard time adjusting. Then a miracle happened. The Harpers' moved in across the street and I met Jane at the park when we were there at the same time. She killed that source of sadness for me as we became best friends and did just about everything together since."
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 5.

Note: ... for the Question ...

Ja'vassa Anair (played by KansasVenomoth)

[Ooo, this seems fun.]

12. - Thing they're working on

"Of my many ongoing projects, perhaps my most important is my upcoming expeditions to Nirn's missing continents, something I'm calling Beyond Tamriel. It's still a few decades away, but once my fleet is ready and my companions have been prepared, we'll unlock the many mysteries that these equally mysterious lands may hold."
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 12.
the-queen's-spider (played anonymously)

Olé!!

Rolled a 4, "Guilty pleasure"

"Guilty pleasure?" He raised a brow, "Well I can't name anything off the top of my mind, not right now anyway." Alois said, finger on his chin. "Watching Claude knit stuff is fun though, does that count?" Alois added. "I don't know if that counts." He glared.

"I'm bored with this conversation, I'm going to go bully Hannah some." Alois grinned mischievously and ran off to find his innocent maid to poke fun at and cause her job to be hard.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 4.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » » What's Your OC's Biggest... (IC/OOC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus