Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Summer Backyard BBQ | Modern Day (closed)

Nina Phelps (played by Dawnia)

This RP thread started as part of the Summer Soiree celebration.
It will remain open should anyone wish to continue to roleplay it.

Thread Roleplay Rules
Per the Summer Soiree rules: Open freeform - Setting is modern-day human life. Modern human characters preferred. Each character is allowed a '+1' NPC if they desire. No aliens or superhumans unless they can shapeshift to normal human. No overt use of superpowers if the characters have that ability.

It is a house/yard party taking place on the July 4th weekend 2023! All public RPR rules are in place, and should interacting characters wish to take things further, slip away and enjoy yourselves on DM. As I was unable to be here hardly at all during the Soiree weeks, I'll do my best to interact with everyone going forward. Have fun!

Summer BBQ at 13 Cedar Grove Lane

It had been long in the planning, and Nina always wanted things to be just so when she was hosting a party. She was indebted to her husband Daniel and their neighbor Peter who helped with stocking refreshments in a couple of ice-filled wading pools in the shade.

She was sure she had it all right, but she always had that thought in the back of her head that she was forgetting something. She went down her list:
  • Notices and invitations all sent out :check:
  • Food and snacks sorted :check:
  • Beer, bottled water, juice boxes, and soft drinks in their respective coolers :check:
  • Wine rack stocked with both read and whites and the faux plastic wine glasses set out :check:
  • All available chairs and tables set up :check:
  • Covered gazebo swept out and a table with chairs set up :check:
  • House and pool cleaned :check:
  • Frisbees, nerf guns, and water balloons ready to be brought out later in the day :check:
Yes, there was something she was forgetting... but it had reached a point where she just couldn't worry about it anymore.

When the day came, Nina was all smiles and Daniel was tolerable. He had been out really late closing a business deal the night before and was a but grumpy this morning saying he wasn’t that into the whole big social thing. It took Nina ten minutes to convince him. He agreed it was an excuse to get away from work and enjoy the drinks and talk with his neighbors and strangers alike. She had, after all, invited half the city. After their morning cuddle, they both got up and started in on last-minute preparations.

grill1.png

There would definitely be enough food for everyone as Nina hired Rex to cater his luscious Rax Ribs and side dishes, plus all the pot-luck dishes anyone wishes to bring will be set out on a long table. Jay had also cleaned and prepared their fire grill for use if anyone brought their own meat and vegetables the wish to grill if they are so inclined.

backyard.jpg

The weather forecast was clear and warm with the sun rising clear this summer day, though it would likely get hot in the later afternoon when there was a chance of a thunderstorm. The Phelps back yard was reasonably big though a portion is taken up by the swimming pool, and Nina was as satisfied as she would get. Waving to Daniel to leave Rex alone while he worked his art with his smoker, and to come over. She embraced him and gave him a kiss. His mood had improved some since earlier that morning and they took this moment to just relax and enjoy each other’s company as they walked around their yard tweaking things. The aroma of the hickory smoke wafted the gentle smell of ribs, and the wind drifted in a light breeze swirling the smoke away.

Dan-and-Nina.jpg
The morning was sunny and not too hot yet, but the forecast was that it would heat up culminating with possible thunderstorms in the late afternoon. Nina and Daniel walked around the yard one last time.

There were three ways to get to the back yard. The first was to knock on the front door and go through the house. The second was a narrow walk path around the side of the garage between it and the fence. A third was to walk around the right of the house through a landscaped walk path to the back yard where a small old metal fence gate was.

They walked around to the front as they shared a bottle of water, "Well hun, I suppose we should prepare for our guests. You did say from 10AM onward on the flyer....”

"Yeah, and they got put-up all-over town. I saw them put up on power poles, the window of the Beacon Tavern, the West 5 Lounge, not to mention putting it out there on the community page on facebook. I hope it doesn't go too viral.

Five Hargreeves (played anonymously)

Klaus had insisted Five take some time off from his busy schedule to go to a nice party or something, and honestly, Five hadn't planned on going, but after a few crazy things happened back at the academy involving Diego and Luther...

...Needless to say Five realized he needed a break from it all.

Klaus had suggested going to a backyard BBQ that was on a flyer he had seen while strolling the city (albeit very mindlessly) and Five had decided to attend. Five was dressed in his usual attire, which looked like a little schoolboy, but he did bring a backpack that had a few things he needed inside it. Nice fishing hat in-case the sun bothered him, a jar of peanut butter, a small bag of marshmallows and a paper bag of a few slices of bread, all three being for peanut-butter-marshmallow-sandwich making, of course. He would have brought his wife (she was a torso of a mannequin that was bald, wearing a white and black shirt, and missing an arm), Delores, but he had no room in the backpack and chose to leave her in his room back at the academy, with a margarita, as an apology for not bringing her.

While he looked like a thirteen year old boy out for the day from a school, he was actually a fifty-eight year old man that enjoyed fishing and probably would enjoy this BBQ, despite him refusing to admit it to his brother Klaus.

Five had walked there by himself, aside from a few teleports here and there to make it go quicker, and was now approaching a small, old metal gate, in-which he shook gently, making it rattle just loud enough for anyone to hear him.
Mrs Mason (played by randomentity777)

Having seen the flier in her neck of the woods, Mrs Mason figured it would be interesting to attend a human social gathering such as this one. So she made her way over to the house, looking for all the world like a normal woman. "Hello there. I hope I'm on time to join this BBQ."
The doctor made his way down the sidewalk and he was watching his son pedal on his small bike. His shoulder-length black hair was tied back in a pony tail and he wore a relatively loose t-shirt on his muscular frame. He also wore shorts which showed off his muscular legs and his black glasses rested on his face.

His son, known by his father as "little bear" was pedaling his bike slowly. He was the behemoth of a doctor's spitting image, except the six-year-old had short black hair. Suddenly, Luke lost his balance and bumped into the back bumper of a car at 13 Cedar Grove in the driveway.

"Luke! I told you to be careful. Now we need to go apologize"

The child looked down, but was picked up by his father and he carried his son up to the front porch and he would ring the doorbell and wait.
Jane Harper (played anonymously)

"Not again, ugh!" the young woman whimpered.

Jane was driving down the road when her car started to sputter and shake. It wasn't the first time that her car broke down. She quickly flipped on her emergency lights and stepped out of her car to check on cause. She sat back in her car and tried to start the engine up but there was no sign of life. She quickly jumped out of her car again; her heart fluttering in her chest as a mild sense of urgency and panic set it. Figures, her car would die and she was obviously unable to get out of the street on her own. Even as she tried to push the car on her own, no one stopped to assist her. In desperation she hopped back into the drivers seat and tried the engine again. Nothing. Her breath hitched as a sob caught in her throat. Desperately she phoned everyone she could think of and no one answered their phones; cell phones...home phones no one was there.

Almost hysterically she felt, briefly, like she was the last person on Earth. She no longer knew what to do so she quickly jumped out of the car and kicked the body of the broken car. Fine! Whatever. she thought out of frustration. She brushed her hair and saw the flyer of invitation about the backyard BBQ glued on the wall nearby. She teared the flyer to read it closely and without further ado, she walked through the address in hope for anything that can be a help for her and her car. Her tummy was also growl in the meantime, perhaps she could take another rest with some stomach-fill.
Nina Phelps (played by Dawnia) Topic Starter

Five Hargreeves wrote:
Five had walked there by himself, aside from a few teleports here and there to make it go quicker, and was now approaching a small, old metal gate, in-which he shook gently, making it rattle just loud enough for anyone to hear him.

Nina heard the rattle and turned and came up to the guy with the mannequin. He looked somewhat familiar, but his +1 was strange.

"Welcome! Welcome! Glad you and your friend could make it! I'm Nina. Come on around back!" Nina said with a smile. "Help yourself to the food and drink, though you don't look old enough for the beer." She walked a little ways with him before hearing someone else... "I'll talk with you later. Gotta meet more guests"

Nina turned back when she heard a woman say,
Mrs Mason wrote:
"Hello there. I hope I'm on time to join this BBQ."

"Indeed you are on time. Things are just getting started! Come on around back!" Nina smiled and waited for the woman to come up to where she was before turning to walk to the back yard. "I'm Nina. Daniel and I are glad you could come!"

(OOC: Sorry, I was mostly away for a few days and totally missed checking on this. I'll reply to Todd & Jane shortly)
Peter Aichen (played anonymously)

Replying to Jane
Jane Harper wrote:
"Not again, ugh!" the young woman whimpered.

Jane was driving down the road when her car started to sputter and shake. It wasn't the first time that her car broke down. She quickly flipped on her emergency lights and stepped out of her car to check on cause. She sat back in her car and tried to start the engine up but there was no sign of life. She quickly jumped out of her car again; her heart fluttering in her chest as a mild sense of urgency and panic set it. Figures, her car would die and she was obviously unable to get out of the street on her own. Even as she tried to push the car on her own, no one stopped to assist her. In desperation she hopped back into the drivers seat and tried the engine again. Nothing. Her breath hitched as a sob caught in her throat. Desperately she phoned everyone she could think of and no one answered their phones; cell phones...home phones no one was there.

Almost hysterically she felt, briefly, like she was the last person on Earth. She no longer knew what to do so she quickly jumped out of the car and kicked the body of the broken car. Fine! Whatever. she thought out of frustration. She brushed her hair and saw the flyer of invitation about the backyard BBQ glued on the wall nearby. She teared the flyer to read it closely and without further ado, she walked through the address in hope for anything that can be a help for her and her car. Her tummy was also growl in the meantime, perhaps she could take another rest with some stomach-fill.

Peter was late heading to the Phelps house, so by the time he got out of his house, he walked down to the street to cross the road and go up the road a couple houses. He saw a young lady walking up the street.

“Hello. You going to the Phelps BBQ?” he asked in a friendly tone. “They are my neighbors. Just that next house across the street.” he added before asking her, “You look like you have been walking a ways. Everything alright?”
Daniel Phelps (played by Dawnia) Topic Starter

Dr. Todd Swordson wrote:
The doctor made his way down the sidewalk ...
and he was watching his son pedal on his small bike. His shoulder-length black hair was tied back in a pony tail and he wore a relatively loose t-shirt on his muscular frame. He also wore shorts which showed off his muscular legs and his black glasses rested on his face.

His son, known by his father as "little bear" was pedaling his bike slowly. He was the behemoth of a doctor's spitting image, except the six-year-old had short black hair. Suddenly, Luke lost his balance and bumped into the back bumper of a car at 13 Cedar Grove in the driveway.

The child looked down, but was picked up by his father and he carried his son up to the front porch and he would ring the doorbell and wait.

Daniel was just coming out of his open garage when he heard a banging. He put down his beer on his workbench and walked out to see what was going on. Seeing a guy with a kid at the door, and a bike parked by the back of his car, he called out,

"Hey, over here. Everything ok?"

Daniel looked away for a moment to the street and saw Peter walking up the street with a cute young lady before turning back to the man and child.

(OOC- I'll wait to see if Jane and Peter interact before replying)

Nina Phelps wrote:
"Indeed you are on time. Things are just getting started! Come on around back!" Nina smiled and waited for the woman to come up to where she was before turning to walk to the back yard. "I'm Nina. Daniel and I are glad you could come!"

"I'm Mrs Mason. Lovely to meet you, Nina." She made her way into the backyard.
Daniel Phelps wrote:
Dr. Todd Swordson wrote:
The doctor made his way down the sidewalk ...
and he was watching his son pedal on his small bike. His shoulder-length black hair was tied back in a pony tail and he wore a relatively loose t-shirt on his muscular frame. He also wore shorts which showed off his muscular legs and his black glasses rested on his face.

Daniel was just coming out of his open garage when he heard a banging. He put down his beer on his workbench and walked out to see what was going on. Seeing a guy with a kid at the door, and a bike parked by the back of his car, he called out,

"Hey, over here. Everything ok?"

Daniel looked away for a moment to the street and saw Peter walking up the street with a cute young lady before turning back to the man and child.

The big doctor walked over to the man and he spoke in his usual soft and kind tone. He offered his hand in a handshake "Hi. My name is Todd, and this is my son Luke. Luke was riding his bike and he accidentally bumped against your car there. I was letting you know that, and to tell you that if you want any scratches buffed out, I will gladly pay for it. My son would also like to say something"

He looked at his son and spoke warmly to the boy "now, what do you say, little bear?"

Luke looked at Daniel with sincerity and the child spoke "I'm sorry, sir. I was just riding my bike"

Todd grinned at his son and kissed the side of his head. "Good job, Luke"

He returned his attention to Daniel and he started speaking again "do you have your phone on you so you can take my information?"

Peter Aichen wrote:
“Hello. You going to the Phelps BBQ?” he asked in a friendly tone. “They are my neighbors. Just that next house across the street.” he added before asking her, “You look like you have been walking a ways. Everything alright?”

Jane was wrapped up in her own thoughts, with her car broken and her stomach grumble, she stomped off in a huff, muttering under her breath just when she passed down a man on the way to the address written at the flyer. "Oh, yes...yes. Phelps BBQ you said?" Jane was not sure if she could remember the detail of the event on the flyer so she glimpsed down to the words printed. "Yeah, right! I'm going there." she forced herself to smile before broke herself on the verge of sob when Peter asked her if she was alright. "No... a big no, I may apprehend."She chocked frustratingly and hold her tear. "I felt like today Earth was collapsing. However, I might exaggerating it... though. But, thank you for asking me. My car was just broken, out there. And I starve... Uh, the day wasn't even over but I feel exhausted already." she sighed, muttered all over her emotions on her chest to the person she just met while they were walking. "But, fancy meeting you. My name is Jane. And you are?" she smiled genuinely now after the tension lifted up from her head.
~Earlier that morning~
While going to pick up the mail one day, Veronica saw a flyer that there was going to be a neighborhood barbecue being hosted by the Phelps living at 13 Cedar Grove Lane, which wasn't the furthest from where she was currently living. Now that Fourth of July was here, Veronica was eager to get out of the house and not lay in bed or sit on the couch all day long, wanting to go socialize and have human interaction. It'll probably be tough for her to be on her feet for long periods of time because she was thirty-six weeks pregnant as of today. Not to mention Mother Nature wasn't going to be all that kind with the weather. Currently, it was Sunny and it was probably going to be warming up as the day progressed, though there was also the possibility of thunderstorms late into the afternoon. Once the clouds start closing in, that'll be the sign to go indoors.

Finishing with her make-up and her hair, Veronica proceeded to go pick out a dress to wear for the barbecue. Since it was going to be warm out, she definitely wanted to be wearing a brighter color, because wearing a darker color while in a warm or hot environment wasn't going to go all that well for her, especially since she was in the final stages of her pregnancy, where she is expecting identical twin boys. Smiling, she settled on the Ivory Maxi Dress and slipped it on before making a mental note to grab a rain coat to keep in the car in case it actually did rain, but decided not to grab an umbrella because she didn't exactly want to run the possibility of being struck by lightning. Being struck by lightning while pregnant wasn't at all enticing to Veronica as she cringed at the thought. Taking a deep breath, she went to go put on her slippers. She wasn't going to be wearing sandals or flip-flops despite the weather, mainly because she was really self-conscious about the swollen feet and ankles, hence the maxi dress. With her coat and homemade cheesecake in hand, she went to her car so that she could make her way to Cedar Grove Lane.
~Arrival at the Barbecue~
Parking her car street-side, Veronica turned off her car and went to grab the cheesecake. She kinda regretted driving because there was now the possibility of her driving during a thunderstorm back home. Worst case scenario, she could ask about staying overnight and then going back home in the morning once the roads are a little more clear. Waddling towards the house, she heard people talking by the front door, right outside the driveway and...in the backyard? So where to go, she wondered.

Just then, she saw two women going around the back. She then opted to follow them and entered the lovely backyard, then proceeded to greet both of the women before her. "Hello, glad to have made it. And I brought Cheesecake!"

Mrs Mason notices Veronica's arrival. "Welcome to the party, dear. It's amazing that you brought some cheesecake, it's always good to have some food."
Brandt Karr (played by Eros_Calls)

Brandt eyed his girlfriend as she danced around their house, getting ready for a bar-b-que she had seen a flyer for and thought would be fun. She had dragged him in from his barn and shoved him in the shower to wash off the dirt and grime. Typical Sparrow. It was one of the reasons she drew him so completely to her. He would have been content to grill in the barn, take a long dip in the pool, and then either blow stuff up themselves in one of the pastures or go find a fireworks display they could watch. But that just wasn't going to happen today. She wanted to go be social, and he could respect that.

Brandt pulled on a pair of black board shorts with a royal blue flur de lis outlined in white on the right thigh. Standing in front of his dresser, he debated whether he wanted to wear a black sleeveless shirt or a gray t-shirt. He weighed the pros and cons of black vs gray, which the gray shirt won as it would ultimately be cooler due to the lighter color. The shirt hugged his torso, showing off the physique of a man who was no stranger to manual labor. The fabric stretched over etched pectoral muscles and a washboard stomach. He shuffled into their shared closet and stared at his shoe collection. Black leather riding boots, negative. Muddy cowboy work boots, she'd kill him. The black Vans she had bought him for casual wear or some really old, broken in, hella comfortable flip flips. "Baby! What shoes do I wear?" She was digging through the dresser when he asked, and without missing a beat, she replied "The Vans." Brandt bent to grab the Vans but still eyed his more comfortable work boots. As if she could read his mind, he heard her sweet voice threaten, "If you touch those workbooks, I will hit you with them." Brandt laughed and grabbed the Vans. He wandered out of the closet and went to sit on the footboard of their bed. Ankle socks, then shoes were put on before he leaned back and admired her as she got ready.

He waited patiently for her to get ready, enjoying every moment as she confidently knew exactly what she wanted to wear. She was clothed more quickly than he would have liked, but they had places to be. Hand-in-hand, they exited their house and climbed on his vintage motorcycle. As he felt her arms encircle his chest, he asked, "Where, exactly, are we headed?" She dug the cell phone out of his pocket and quickly pulled up the GPS. She entered the address and handed it to him. He placed the phone in its holder and kicked the bike to life.

Brandt and Sparrow lived about thirty minutes outside of town on a ranch his parents had bought when they first came over from Ireland. Even though the couple lived in the country, Sparrow worked at the university and was quite social around town. She was always dragging Brandt to different events in the community. He never fought her or told her no. He loved watching her come alive in gatherings of people.

When the GPS indicated they were within five minutes of the party, Brandt pulled into a convenience store so they could up provisions. Brandt got a twelve pack of beer that they both enjoyed. He also grabbed one of those cheap, disposable ice chests. When he joined her at the counter, he added a bag of ice to the combined order. They loaded the ice chest with all items, dumped the ice in, and climbed back on the bike. Sparrow was more than able to hold on to both the ice chest and Brandt. Only a few minutes later, they pulled onto the street, and he killed the motor in front of the house. Quickly, Brandt jumped off the bike to take the ice chest off Sparrow's lap and offered her a hand to help her down.

Hand-in-hand again, she led him through a side gate of a typical suburban neighborhood style house. The scent of cooking meat met his nose, causing his eyes to scan the crowd to look for the pit. He was prone to make assumptions about how the food would tasted based on the appearance of the one doing the cooking. He pulled Sparrow close to him, kissing her cheek, and asking, "Do you know anyone here?"
Sparrow had picked up the flier for the BBQ at the university bulletin board as she had left work on Friday. She thought it would be a good opportunity to meet some new people, but unsure she wanted to go alone, despite the number of people she might’ve know, or seen, convinced her boyfriend, Brandt to attend with her. That morning, after breakfast and chores, Sparrow let him have a few hours in his barn before she went to grab him to clean up and change. After he did, and moved to their shared closet, Sparrow was standing at the dresser, looking into it for the light purple tank-top to pair with the blue bikini top she wore. The weather report said that it was to be sunny, but a chance of thunderstorms. Thunderstorms didn’t bother Sparrow in the least. In fact, she loved them.

After pulling on the shirt, and answering Brandt’s question with humour and fun, she then pulled on a pair of black shorts that hugged her figure, and then, as if she read Brandt’s mind, sweetly discouraged him from the mud-covered boots. It didn’t take too long for Sparrow to finish dressing, but she knew that Brandt’s eyes were on her anyways. She even gave him a wink over her shoulder as she pulled her long brunette hair from the tail she had fallen asleep in and brushed it out so it laid flat and straight down her back. Slipping her feet into a pair of small, comfortable black boots, she grabbed her wallet and keys and she was ready to go. The young lovers walked out of their house hand in hand, but separated so they could both hop onto his vintage Harley. When asked about the address, Sparrow smiled. Her hand shifted down to his pocket, where she grabbed his phone and slid it out. She keyed in the password, as they had each other’s, then brought up the GPS. She typed in the address she had read, and handed it back so he could secure it to his bike.

Grateful for Brandt in every way, including the fact he allowed her to drag him out to any social event she found, she leaned into him after securing her helmet, wrapped her arms around his muscular middle as he put the bike into gear. They lived about thirty minutes outside of town, and Sparrow enjoyed the ride in the warmth. His bike was always packed with rain gear just in case, but she loved the rides in the sun. She also loved the ability to feel him up just a little bit, but she wasn’t too badly behaved.

Both of their natures would demand that they do not show up at the bar-b-que empty handed, so about five minutes before the address, Brandt pulled the motorcycle into a convenience store. While Brandt pondered the choices of beers, once she realized what he was doing, she grabbed a bottle of really nice whiskey to accompany it. Brandt also had the forethought to grab an ice chest and the actual ice. Luckily, between horse-back riding and her relationship with him, Sparrow was able to secure herself and the ice chest to the bike. Once Brandt was settled in, she settled the chest between them, with one hand on the chest and the other on him.

It was only a few minutes that she needed to sit like this, but she was quite comfortable in it. Soon though, Brandt shut off the bike, sliding off to help her down and take the chest from her. Once she placed her helmet on the bike, she took Brandt’s free hand, and led him into the rather pretty backyard. There was already a few people milling around, and Sparrow wasn’t exactly sure where to start. She looked up at Brandt as he seemed to be scanning the area, looking for the meat if she had to guess. He pulled her back into him, a place she so willingly went, and blushed red as he kissed her. To his question, though, the brunette’s eyes scanned the yard again, and then shook her head. “I do not.” She replied in a thick Australian accent. “But why does that mean we shouldn’t have fun?”

Unwilling to let go of his hand, her eyes looked for a place to set down the things they had brought. Under one of the trees, there seemed to be a long table, filled with different things and the therapist had to guess this was where they could bring it. Tugging lightly on her boyfriends hand, she walked him over the table to set the chest down upon it. “Before we dive into the social, let’s have a cheers.” She said as she opened the chest and pulled out two beers, and the whiskey. She opened the bottle, and knowing he would insist, she took the first shot, feeling it’s slight burn all the way down. As she handed it to Brandt to watch him do the same, she then followed her shot with her beer. Sparrow watched Brandt take the shot, follow it with his beer, then continued to lovingly watch as he capped the bottle, slipped it back into the ice and turn to her.

The wink he gave her melted her heart as that thick Irish accent told her; “Lead the way into the social, baby.” From there, she took his hand back in hers, and turned to see if they could find anyone to have a friendly conversation with.
Peter Aichen (played anonymously)

… replying to Jane …
Jane Harper wrote:
Peter Aichen wrote:

Jane was wrapped up in her own thoughts, with her car broken and her stomach grumble, she stomped off in a huff, muttering under her breath just when she passed down a man on the way to the address written at the flyer. "Oh, yes...yes. Phelps BBQ you said?" Jane was not sure if she could remember the detail of the event on the flyer so she glimpsed down to the words printed. "Yeah, right! I'm going there." she forced herself to smile before broke herself on the verge of sob when Peter asked her if she was alright. "No... a big no, I may apprehend."She chocked frustratingly and hold her tear. "I felt like today Earth was collapsing. However, I might exaggerating it... though. But, thank you for asking me. My car was just broken, out there. And I starve... Uh, the day wasn't even over but I feel exhausted already." she sighed, muttered all over her emotions on her chest to the person she just met while they were walking. "But, fancy meeting you. My name is Jane. And you are?" she smiled genuinely now after the tension lifted up from her head.

“I’m Peter.” he said as he looked ahead and waved at Daniel talking to a man and a boy in his driveway.

“Sounds like you are having a rough day. Nothing some good bbq won’t help with. Rex from Rax BBQ serves up a nice brisket with coleslaw if you’re into that sort of thing.”

Giving Jane a side eye look as they walked, he then went on, “It also looks like several people showed up with dishes as well. As for your car, there was a young guy who used to live at the Phelps’ house who was a good mechanic. He works at a service garage. He may be here. I’m sure he may be willing to help you out with your car.”

"Alright, Peter then." Jane nodded and walks swiftly together with him. "Oh, that would be nice." she said, clasped her hand together in approval when Peter mentioned about the brisket with coleslaw. She needed that the most, proteinssss!

Jane noticed that too. It didn't take her long when she saw more people mingle to the event. "Wow, this going to be like a nice garden party." she muttered, flashing a genuine smile toward people on the yard as they headed in. A nice looking couple, a friendly looking housewife, and seemingly a pregnant woman already arrived before them. "Great. I hope my car can be fixed." she hummed.
Mrs Mason wrote:
Mrs Mason notices Veronica's arrival. "Welcome to the party, dear. It's amazing that you brought some cheesecake, it's always good to have some food."
Greeted by the friendly looking housewife, Veronica smiled back as she set the Cheesecake down on a nearby table, not wanting to hold it any longer then necessary. "Just thought I'd bring deserts since I thought other categories would be covered. Might have to go easy on the greasy stuff though. It'll probably give me a stomachache later, but I guess we'll see." She said smiling. "Oh and my name's Veronica by the way." She said as she straightened out her dress and rested both hands on top of her swollen belly.

As she glanced around, there were several others here too. The first two she had noticed were handsome looking man and a young woman entering the yard. Not wanting to make any assumption, she just gave a cordial smile upon making eye-contact with them, even waving briefly before she began cradling her belly, the gentle breeze blowing against her hair and her dress.

"Pleased to meet you, Veronica." Mrs Mason says. "I'm Diane, although everyone calls me Mrs Mason." She smiles. "I totally understand how you feel about the food, since I'm also expecting. But I am looking forward to trying this cheesecake, since it looks delicious."
He adjusted his son on his hip as he spoke with who he thinks is the owner of the car. He smiled and kissed his son on the head.

"I could pay you now, or whenever you want to go have whatever damage needs to be repaired done"

His arms were uncharacteristically large for a doctor, and it appeared as if he would be able to crush the boy he held on his hip, but nothing but love and gentleness was radiating from the 6'3" man. He would switch his son to his other hip.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Summer Backyard BBQ | Modern Day (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus