Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Free art, oh my! (CLOSED for now)

Olohorn (played by Rubix)

EEEEE HE IS AMAZING!!! Thank you! And I'm glad you had fun! ;)
He looks super awesome <3
Wow. I like how you use primarily one color for the picture, then either made darker or lighter shades for the whole drawing. Nice work! ^_^
Oh my these are absolutely stunning!~ <3

I must snatch me one if this opens back up~ <g>
Oh man, Olohorn looks great! I hope you open up again, I'd love to get a matching one for his partner XD
Allyne Topic Starter

KuroSakuranbo14 wrote:
Wow. I like how you use primarily one color for the picture, then either made darker or lighter shades for the whole drawing. Nice work! ^_^

Thanks! Really the style is just kind of born from my own laziness XD. I sketch it out in one color, then instead of bothering to deal with tons of layering and color choosing (choosing colors is my least favorite part of drawing...) I just go lighter/darker, throw all the shading on a single layer below, then clean the whole thing up a little bit with some black lines. I liked the result so now I like to do character portraits this way XD
Allyne Topic Starter

And to all of you waiting on me to open it back up... It will happen someday hahaha. I like doing these so I'm sure there will be many more to come :)
I'd be willing to pay for his, if you do paid commissions :)
Allyne Topic Starter

Loki wrote:
I'd be willing to pay for his, if you do paid commissions :)

Ahhh.... there's a thought. Problem is that PayPal hates me :(. It doesn't treat people who don't have permanent addresses too well. If I can figure out a decent alternative, I might be able to take commissions someday.
That's a bummer :( Let me know if you get something worked out, I really love your art style ^_^
Madeleine (played by Selene)

These all look great so far! Jane told me about putting my character Madeleine up here haha. I can't wait to see what you do with her, if you decided to do it anyways. If not, no big deal! I'd still be willing to pay you for some art! I just need to pay attention to the RPR forums more.
Allyne wrote:
Ahhh.... there's a thought. Problem is that PayPal hates me :(. It doesn't treat people who don't have permanent addresses too well. If I can figure out a decent alternative, I might be able to take commissions someday.
There's not a reliable address you can use?
Wow these are super awesome! I love how you do these (even if you call it laziness on your part it still gives it such a new and different look!) If you ever open up commissions I will totally be throwing money your way! :D
Allyne Topic Starter

Novalyyn wrote:

Unfortunately, no. They want a physical address, and my constantly-changing dorm room/PO boxes don't cover that. They won't take addresses outside of the US, so mom and dad's is out of the question. I tried to pretend my grandparents' address was my own once, but since I don't live anywhere near there and don't have anything to show them that could link the address to me, that didn't work out. My account is pretty much constantly under piles of limitations, unfortunately. :/
Allyne Topic Starter

Thanks, TornBySanity and Selene :)

I think yours might be next on the list, Selene, so you should get it today or tomorrow :D
Woooohoo, I can't wait to see.
Allyne wrote:
Novalyyn wrote:

Unfortunately, no. They want a physical address, and my constantly-changing dorm room/PO boxes don't cover that. They won't take addresses outside of the US, so mom and dad's is out of the question. I tried to pretend my grandparents' address was my own once, but since I don't live anywhere near there and don't have anything to show them that could link the address to me, that didn't work out. My account is pretty much constantly under piles of limitations, unfortunately. :/
Mm. And it'd get pretty annoying to try changing it everything you move, I'm sure. >.<

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Free art, oh my! (CLOSED for now)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus