Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » When should the lemonade stand close?

Kim Site Admin

Okay friends - I want your feedback and advice.

I had planned to close the lemonade stand on August 31st, but then realized that a lot of people have the 1st as their payday, and might want to have a final opportunity to grab a hippocampus before they go away. SO I thought okay, I'll leave it open that weekend, so I'll close it on September 3rd. That way people who really really wanted to get those last hippocampi could have one more pay day. But I'm now realizing that Monday (September 4th) is Labor Day in the US, which would mean the banks were still closed... I'm not sure what to do here. Do most of you think that your banks will be able to get your paychecks into your account over that weekend, or should I wait all the way to the 5th to get us past the holiday?

I don't want to exhaust the userbase by keeping the sale open too long, but I also don't want people to feel like they got cut off from getting the collector pet they wanted because of a bank holiday.
Honestly, I would say the 5th, just to give everyone a good shot at getting the items they want. Me personally, I kinda need to wait a while until I get enough money for everything I want... But I can understand not wanting to over extend and exhaust the userbase, though!
I say the 5th is a good compromise since it gives everyone one solid last chance to get everything they want.
Either waiting until the 5 or cutting it off earlier and having a Mid Week Hippocampus Blow out Sale on the 5th and/or 6th could do, either just having all of them up or having it be a gamble on what you get when you get one. Whatever works best.

I'm not hippocampus hunting, but it's what I think I'd want and consider fair if I were (also how I felt about the birdies this time. ^v^)
And, yunno, whenever the next fundraiser is I'm sure they'll be back like the Phoenixes were this time. ~v^
I was hoping for a rain check or something like waiting until my next pay period. The up coming check this week is reserved for utilities and necessities -- the one on September first is a check I can use to buy Lemonade Stand merch -- more specifically, the Hippocampus!

I second or third or whatever number I am the motion to extend it so that way a few pay periods allow people the chance to get the items they're saving for.

A few months in the scheme of a year isn't that terribly much, and I appreciate these opportunities especially when I am able to participate!

Whatever decision you make is fine, of course! I just like the chance to nab what I can when I can because I am a greedy-gus for all the nifty things and can't wait to see what becomes of this Kickstarter! 😊
The 5th is fine with meeeee
Claine Moderator

I don't think anyone should be bothered over 5 days overtime!
I agree with the 5th! I also get paid at the start of the month, and it would be nice to wait til I get paid again to grab a hippocampus :D
Yis, please keep it open until the 5th =)
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Okay! So long as this is what people actually want, I am happy to do it 🙂
giphy.gif
Phew more time to spend money
Could just early Christmas and leave it open till October...or December. or the rest of September. Or maybe September 15?

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » When should the lemonade stand close?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus