Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2023

Umbra Oleander (played anonymously)

Umbra looks at Caecilius' spell. She is enchanted, in part for the beauty of it, but mostly for the technical aspect behind it "such precision..." her eyes are fixated to the small magical bugs, analyzing the flow of magic, the light magic type and small movements they make... but then he fades them away as quickly as he made them. Umbra snaps out of it "that's... highly optimized magic control... you must've put lots of effort into it, didn't you?" she gives him a warm, admiring smile "a type of insect that captures moonlight sounds quite intriguing too- there could be many other applications for that if we manage to study how they capture light and how they work I mean, imagine if we could-" but she's interrupted by a repeated trill, then a small reddish crescent moon shaped object appears close to her ear "sorry just a moment-" Umbra whispers into the little moon "-yes... no?... where am I?... pft cmon Ei!... if it's really that urgent..." the reddish moon fades away as Umbra looks at Caecilius "duty calls dear~ I hope to see you again... in a less anonymous enviroment if possible..." she gives him another playful wink before snapping her fingers, a deep blue portal opening in front of her "everyone- thank you for the wonderful masquerade... it was truly an experience!" she bids farewell to the duchess and all the guests before crossing the portal, that soon closes after.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The Duchess' eyes widen as she is presented with the ornament meant to look like herself. "I... Why, I'm speechless. This is a little work of art. But I think it should go home tonight with Rosie, so that she can remember my gathering even after the dream fades. It can be so hard to remember one's dreams, sometimes."

The gathering dark was intensifying still further, shrinking the world down, and the party itself began to feel faintly translucent, fog-like.
Na'aiyah (played by Echo)

The ferret rolls around, wiggling like a worm, not at all bothered by the saliva. He jumps around excitedly, nibbling at the feet of the dog.
Aggles (played by Jooters)

"Farewell you all! I hope to meet you again soon!"
Smiling at Umbra's praise, Caelus inclined his head. "It was a pleasure - I hope we will indeed meet again."

He considered the damp ferret, leaning down to ensure he was alright. He looked quite relieved when he rolled around. "You must have done marvellously to catch them. We call this a ferret, but it's quite like a kitten," he agreed. "Are you alright, little ferret?"

He glanced at the crafting table thoughtfully. "Tell you what, Ollie, I have an idea that might be better than carrying a ferret. Come with me." He headed over towards the crafting table, picking up a few things to start working with.
Cris chuckled good naturedly. "I can make another one with her when we wake up from the party. We won't forget this event.. at least until next year, will we, Rosy?" she smiled, booping her daughter who giggled and reached out her tiny hands to give a last hug to the Duchess.
Ollie (played anonymously)

Ollie heels at Caecilius' left side all the way over to the craft table. On the way, he finds an orange on the ground, which he picks up and holds in his mouth.
Company (played by Reithesniper)

She began to craft something? Its weird I guess but apparently she had brought items with her, a lot of pipe cleaner, two lenths of pvp, some cardstock, springs, and a few metal scraps later and she had crafted a silly little glitter shotgun, its a useful tool in her work and she kinda hoped whoever had needed it would get a little use for it before it eventually breaks

(Silly little glitter shotgun, made to mess up floors)
Caelus had never been particularly crafty, but he was determined to do his best, even as his mask made actually seeing what he was doing rather difficult. He fiddled with some of the craft equipment, focussing intently - as indicated by the way his tongue was sticking between his teeth, just visible under the edge of his mask. Shapes were gradually coming together (perhaps with the help of a little magic to speed up the process), in the form of a small dragon - almost perfectly ferret-sized. Once the shape was complete, he examined it critically for a moment, making some small adjustments, before he clicked his fingers. Immediately, the dragon began to move, raising its head and flapping its little wings. He presented it to Ollie, hoping he'd like it.
"Here we go. A friend you can take with you. It's not really alive - it's just magic," he added, in reassurance.
Ollie (played anonymously)

Ollie launches himself at the offered toy, cramming the orange deeper into his mouth as he also crammed the dragon into the front of his mouth, letting it dangle from his teeth. He borks something muffled that is almost certainly joyous thanks.
Caelus was really quite impressed Ollie managed to fit both the orange and the dragon into his mouth, although a touch concerned about the safety of doing so. He grinned at the thanks, understanding it well enough, as he pet him on the head. "You're very welcome. It was a pleasure meeting you, Ollie."

For a few breathless moments, the party-goers are both at a party in the woods, on the bluffs overlooking the Bay of Ice, and at the same time nestled at home in their own warm beds, drifting between a state of dreaming and waking. The party is a dream one is reluctant to leave behind... and then it is just a memory, fading into the shapeless feelings of a pleasant dream only barely remembered.

But Rosie wakes up with an ornament of the Duchess on her pillow, whatever her mother said. Ollie wakes with a snout full of orange/dragon toy. And Company? Company has a glitter gun. So perhaps it was not just a dream, after all.
((treehugger here! Couldn't think of as much to say as I would have liked, apparently my characters are just as socially awkward as I am, but I'm happy I was able to participate regardless X3)
Company (played by Reithesniper)

((Ive been pretty much just playing with her until the masquerade, and perfectly enough they happened to put a mask in lethal company soo here we are)

(Hi jooters :) )

(Ya'll I'm sorry, I want to hang out wiht you more because this was awesome and I am full of good vibes... But I am also just exhausted and need to go have some dinner. Hosting takes it out of me sometimes!))
Vardarianna (played by Dawnia)

Cool to see everyone unmasked!
Blanche (played anonymously)

Yeah it is! :D
The Marine was wearing his dress blues bedecked with all of his award ribbons on his dark blur jacket top. His pants were of a lighter blue, and had what is affectionately known as the "Blood Stripe" running down the sides of the legs from the waist down to the bottom. It was merely a strip of scarlet-colored cloth though. On his jacket were six golden buttons which were in the center of his chest, and around his waist was a white belt with a golden buckle. He wore a gold mask with scarlet accents to commemorate the gold and scarlet of the Marine Corps.
Um... Hey.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2023

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus