Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2023

Na'aiyah (played by Echo)

((OOOoooooo))
Smiling at Umbra's praise, Caelus inclined his head. "It was a pleasure - I hope we will indeed meet again."

He considered the damp ferret, leaning down to ensure he was alright. He looked quite relieved when he rolled around. "You must have done marvellously to catch them. We call this a ferret, but it's quite like a kitten," he agreed. "Are you alright, little ferret?"

He glanced at the crafting table thoughtfully. "Tell you what, Ollie, I have an idea that might be better than carrying a ferret. Come with me." He headed over towards the crafting table, picking up a few things to start working with.
Cris chuckled good naturedly. "I can make another one with her when we wake up from the party. We won't forget this event.. at least until next year, will we, Rosy?" she smiled, booping her daughter who giggled and reached out her tiny hands to give a last hug to the Duchess.
((It was lovely writing with you, Umbra! Farewell!))
Ollie (played anonymously)

Ollie heels at Caecilius' left side all the way over to the craft table. On the way, he finds an orange on the ground, which he picks up and holds in his mouth.
Company (played by Reithesniper)

She began to craft something? Its weird I guess but apparently she had brought items with her, a lot of pipe cleaner, two lenths of pvp, some cardstock, springs, and a few metal scraps later and she had crafted a silly little glitter shotgun, its a useful tool in her work and she kinda hoped whoever had needed it would get a little use for it before it eventually breaks

(Silly little glitter shotgun, made to mess up floors)
((I can already see that being a hit with some kids XD))
((Thank goodness Cris brought Rosy and not REYN. He would have TOTALLY ran away with the glitter shotgun XD))
Caelus had never been particularly crafty, but he was determined to do his best, even as his mask made actually seeing what he was doing rather difficult. He fiddled with some of the craft equipment, focussing intently - as indicated by the way his tongue was sticking between his teeth, just visible under the edge of his mask. Shapes were gradually coming together (perhaps with the help of a little magic to speed up the process), in the form of a small dragon - almost perfectly ferret-sized. Once the shape was complete, he examined it critically for a moment, making some small adjustments, before he clicked his fingers. Immediately, the dragon began to move, raising its head and flapping its little wings. He presented it to Ollie, hoping he'd like it.
"Here we go. A friend you can take with you. It's not really alive - it's just magic," he added, in reassurance.
((A shame the ball's coming to an end before the glitter shotgun can be used to cause too much chaos! XD))
Ollie (played anonymously)

Ollie launches himself at the offered toy, cramming the orange deeper into his mouth as he also crammed the dragon into the front of his mouth, letting it dangle from his teeth. He borks something muffled that is almost certainly joyous thanks.
((Reyn DOUSING Mari Lwyd with glitters and saying it's pixie dust and now it's going to be a flying demon horse. JUST IMAGINE IT XD))
((Might be something to keep in mind for next year >_>))
Caelus was really quite impressed Ollie managed to fit both the orange and the dragon into his mouth, although a touch concerned about the safety of doing so. He grinned at the thanks, understanding it well enough, as he pet him on the head. "You're very welcome. It was a pleasure meeting you, Ollie."
Aggles (played by Jooters)

((i can see aggles doing the same thing to if he was told that was what it was))
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

For a few breathless moments, the party-goers are both at a party in the woods, on the bluffs overlooking the Bay of Ice, and at the same time nestled at home in their own warm beds, drifting between a state of dreaming and waking. The party is a dream one is reluctant to leave behind... and then it is just a memory, fading into the shapeless feelings of a pleasant dream only barely remembered.

But Rosie wakes up with an ornament of the Duchess on her pillow, whatever her mother said. Ollie wakes with a snout full of orange/dragon toy. And Company? Company has a glitter gun. So perhaps it was not just a dream, after all.
((Haha I was thinking the same!! Oh dear, next year I am SO having Reyn come over with his ma and it's going to be C H A O S))

((AAAAAAND that's scene everybody! Thank you so much for a fantastic masquerade!))
Company (played by Reithesniper)

((What fun, fun))

((Time to turn off the anonymity on our characters and reveal. :) ))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2023

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus