Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Grabbing Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Grabbing Symbol in Epic Week 2024. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Grabbing Symbol
I'm gonna guess now that this is perhaps Stranger Things Related 👀

"1973
Unknown Date
Joyce Byers begins working as a retail clerk at Melvald's General Store in Hawkins.[19]
Unknown Date
MKUltra is exposed and halted."

From the Stranger Things Wiki ^^
I still haven't continued watching Stranger Things. ^^;

I do know that when I saw the symbol, the first thing I thought of was Tremors.
Ooh, fair. It's reminiscent of the Sarlacc or Tremors, too. What year did those movies come out? >.>
Well, Tremors was.... I think a trilogy?

And Dune's been popular again, but the mention of the year makes me doubt that or Star Wars.
Yeah, Tremors apparently wasn't out until 1990, not sure when the screenplay was written.

I'm trying to figure out if the symbol is some sort of.... Mouth/maw, or a crown, or what XD it could be some really specific multi-sided pincers, I guess... I'm not sure what's got a scorpion or other grabby things in it... We might have to wait until the third clue... If @Gab is back online soon that'll be a breeze 😁 🤭
This has some MAD Tremors energy. I think this is the focus point at least to begin with.
Yeah it looks very much like a graboid mouth (also grabbing, graboid) from Tremors. And I wish that was only a trilogy but we got 7 movies and a TV series. Gonna poke around and see if 1973 comes up at all.
Some possible guesses to throw at this thing once the baddies are cleared up:

Project 4-12
Mixmaster
Proudfoot / Proudfoot Corporation
Cletus Poffenberger
Perfection, Nevada
Blue-Diamond Chola Cactus
Project Four-Twelve. 1973-2003. Best Pal Ever.

Really want that 3rd clue!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "Project 4-12".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
DarthAngelus, author of this riddle wrote:
In 1973, at a secret underground lab in Nevada. A scientist named Cletus Poffenberger was working on genetic experiments to combine different types of animals. Project 4-12 was his greatest achievement that combined a rhinoceros, a switchback spider, wolverine, skunk, panther, and cougar into one hybrid creature.

When the lab was shut down, Cletus had grown so attached to his creation that he couldn't let it be destroyed. Together they escaped and lived in isolation for decades with a rare cactus being used to subdue Project 4-12's aggressive tendances.

Decades later, the cactus supply having been exhausted, Project 4-12 escaped and terrorised the inhabitants of the nearby Perfection Valley. Fortunately, their experience with Graboid attacks had them prepared for this new threat.
Dragonfire Moderator

You got it, Cosmonautilus! :D
:O My first thought was right! (Or the right franchise, anyway.)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Nicely done!
Gab

Oh, hey, I unlocked a clue. Too bad this was already solved XD
I am so glad we got this one!!! Can't really jump into EW this year like I would normally, thrilled someone solved this! <3

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Grabbing Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus