Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Official portal thread

Lachey wrote:
IF the wolf portal is skyrim related....
Perhaps it has something to do with The Way of the Voice and the Greybeards that teach you certain words of power?

Orrr it could even have to do with the College of Winterhold and the quest First Lessons.
Lachey wrote:
IF the wolf portal is skyrim related....
Perhaps it has something to do with The Way of the Voice and the Greybeards that teach you certain words of power?

That's what I thought! I've tried Tolfdir, Paarthurnax, Greybeards, The Greybeards, Dovahkiin... so far no luck /: If some of the answers are related to the symbols, I would think Hircine, but that doesn't match up to the hints at all. I think Solitude was the town with a wolf banner... maybe someone from there? I really hope the answer has something to do with TES and I'm not just overthinking in the wrong direction :'>
Kind of going out on a limb here, but... maybe the wolf seal has something to do with Harry Potter? There are a number of forbidden spells/"banished words", and the wizards/witches are mages in their own right that teach spells/magical words.
{/grabs at air in desperation}
Libertine wrote:
Kind of going out on a limb here, but... maybe the wolf seal has something to do with Harry Potter? There are a number of forbidden spells/"banished words", and the wizards/witches are mages in their own right that teach spells/magical words.
{/grabs at air in desperation}

Perhaps. Especially since I can't think of any "banished" words in Skyrim.
EDIT: Except for the fact there is an enchantment called Banish
Banished words was an anagram I thought. Meaning it's letters can be shifted to make a new word or words.
"If you ask me, select and start are overrated."
Dragonfire Moderator

Yeah, the hints haven't led us wrong yet. Theoretically, 'banished word' is an anagram of something.

I sent out a call for aid from some other adventurers, though. Mayhaps we'll get that third clue yet!
Im just speculating, but what if the wolf clues are related to the Mage game that the White Wolf Company produced? (Mage: the Awakening/ the Ascension)
That is also very possible. Maybe the third hint can shed a light on things so we can be sure.
via an anagram solver:
No answers found for 'BanishedWord'. Check you entered the letters correctly.
Lachey wrote:
via an anagram solver:
No answers found for 'BanishedWord'. Check you entered the letters correctly.

We pulled out another one and got quite a few shadow binder was one someone thought sounded best but still leaves us lost.
Mcfaol wrote:
Im just speculating, but what if the wolf clues are related to the Mage game that the White Wolf Company produced? (Mage: the Awakening/ the Ascension)

It could be but it'd be the first repeat. (World of Darkness has been used already with a V:TM answer, House Goratrix. House Tremere became Clan Tremere which Goratrix came from.) :) It's a good thought and possible unless there are no repeats.
Anagram Wrodsmith

Anagrams for: banished word
21081 found.
LOL teaches me to use the first one that I pull up xD
We really need that third clue. x.x Anyone know someone who's joined within the last month and made 3 characters before the 23rd I believe it was?

Edited to fix incorrectness.
Dragonfire Moderator

Lorvilran wrote:
We really need that third clue. x.x Anyone know someone who's joined within the last month and made 3 characters before the 23rd I believe it was?

I sent out some PMs to some folks from the Introductions board inviting them to come over and join us. :3
Dragonfire wrote:
Yeah, the hints haven't led us wrong yet. Theoretically, 'banished word' is an anagram of something.

I sent out a call for aid from some other adventurers, though. Mayhaps we'll get that third clue yet!
I almost screamed. In HP, "Tom Marvolo Riddle" is an anagram for "I am lord Voldemort". I tried Lord Voldemort, Voldemort, Tom Marvolo Riddle... v_v
Lorvilran wrote:

I joined February 15th of this year and created my third character about 3 days and 1 hour ago.

Does that count?
Dragonfire Moderator

Mcfaol wrote:
I joined February 15th of this year and created my third character about 3 days and 1 hour ago.

Does that count?

Oog. I think that doesn't qualify under the 'less than a month' bit, but you can try! The guardian for the Wolf seal can be found here.
Mcfaol wrote:
Lorvilran wrote:

Does that count?

March 24 maybe is the cut off, or maybe the 25th, dunno.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Official portal thread

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus