Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Official portal thread

Dog

I'm fairly certain that the answer to the seals involve "fandoms", or "literature" ..
Dog wrote:
I'm fairly certain that the answer to the seals involve "fandoms", or "literature" ..
From what I've seen, seems to yeah. And I have no clue what any of 'em are talking about. ^^; *is media illiterate*
Dog

Kim wrote:
Way to go, Dog! :D Did you do any googling, or did you know that one off the top of your head? :)

I had a pretty good feeling what it was, but I did google to make sure I had the spelling right (which I did)
Dog

Novalyyn wrote:
From the Crocodile Shaman:

"If he'd been in the Harry Potter universe, he'd have been in House Slytherin. But he founded a very different house..."

"I can only reveal the second clue to someone who has used the forum chat for more than 35 hours in the last 30 days, but less than 40."

"I can only reveal the third clue to someone who deleted a character in the month of January, 2013"

Which portal was that for?
Dog

Via your friendly neighborhood Inbox centaur:

If you are overwhelmed while seeking the guardians of the portal, perhaps you should adjust your notification settings.:
Quote:
As you come upon a patch of poppies, a little fairy flitters from amongst their petals and darts around your head.

"Hi there! Do you want some help opening the fairy seal? Your first clue is: Daughter of a tree."

"I can only reveal the second clue to someone whose birthday is on the 24th of any month."

"I can only reveal the third clue to someone who has been a member for at least a month, and who has never created a character.
The ash beast curls up in a beam of sunshine, flicking its tail as it watches you.

"I suppose you want my help finding the word of power to unlock the sun seal."

It yawns, rolling onto its back and showing its belly. The grass beneath it is singed, and the flowers several feet away begin to wilt.

"I've heard on the wind that your first clue is: An instructor."

"I can only reveal the second clue to someone who joined the RP Repository after January first of this year, and who is younger than 16."

"I can only reveal the third clue to someone who has deleted more than 70 private message conversations.

The Ash Beast grooms its fur with its steaming tongue. "You're quite tidy, eh? I like that in a human. Your third clue is: Creates his own water."
Looks like I need to find someone under 16 who joined after January 1st. Anyone fit the bill? XD
You feel a chill run down your spine, and turn to find a pair of large feline eyes staring at you from the shadows.

"Psst... Are you looking for information about the unicorn seal? I want to help you claim the loot that must be on the other side of that portal... If you're willing to split it. Your first clue is: An allegory."

"I can only reveal the second clue to someone who is at least 30 years old."

"I can only reveal the third clue to someone who created at least two characters whose names started with an R between January 2013 and April 23rd, 2014."

"Your third clue is: Its author was given a pension for life from the Queen."
Dog wrote:
Novalyyn wrote:

"If he'd been in the Harry Potter universe, he'd have been in House Slytherin. But he founded a very different house..."

"I can only reveal the second clue to someone who has used the forum chat for more than 35 hours in the last 30 days, but less than 40."

"I can only reveal the third clue to someone who deleted a character in the month of January, 2013"

Which portal was that for?
Moon. And he's in the Meet Cute announcement.
Yuka

"Perhaps if you work on your pronunciation, you'll have an easier time communicating with the portal guardians."
Dog

The Centurion, on the Accolades page (Thanks Rydia!)
Quote:
The centurion stands on a dusty road, guarding a solitary trade post.

"I hear many things from travelers on the road... I'd like to help restore the peace and order of our lands. If you can get rid of the mysterious portal scaring everyone, I'll help you with the wolf seal. This is your first clue: Banished Word.

"I can only reveal the second clue to someone who has a birthday on the 10th of any month."

"I can only reveal the third clue to someone who has been a member for no more than a month, and who has created three or more characters before April 23rd, 2014."
Novalyyn wrote:

Your third clue is: Part of magical politics in a world of darkness
Replied to wrong thing
Dog wrote:
The Centurion, on the Accolades page (Thanks Rydia!)
Quote:
The centurion stands on a dusty road, guarding a solitary trade post.

"I hear many things from travelers on the road... I'd like to help restore the peace and order of our lands. If you can get rid of the mysterious portal scaring everyone, I'll help you with the wolf seal. This is your first clue: Banished Word.

"I can only reveal the second clue to someone who has a birthday on the 10th of any month."

"I can only reveal the third clue to someone who has been a member for no more than a month, and who has created three or more characters before April 23rd, 2014."

Good thing my bday was on the 10th of this month!

"Your second clue is: Mage taught you words and healing."
Lorvilran wrote:
Rynh wrote:
I have found the Barbarian, and for such a brute he was quite mysterious in his choice of words.

Quote:
The barbarian turns away from hacking at his practice dummy to regard you.

"Ah, an adventurer looking to unlock the sword seal."

He leans on his axe, and lets out a rumbling laugh. "This is your first clue: Plagued first by 40, then by 10, then 25.

"I can only reveal the second clue to someone who has five or more characters that were created at least a month ago, and who has never been Epic."

"I can only reveal the third clue to someone who created two (and only two) characters during the year of 2013."

"Your third clue is: Plague-wave-four-step, the green dance of death." is the third for that one.

"I can only reveal the second clue to someone who has five or more characters that were created at least a month ago, and who has never been Epic."

"Your second clue is: Second of three in one of four wings, flying high above Lordaeron."
Quote:
The Knight flashes a handsome smile."Aha, a fellow hero! I hear you've been questing to open the dragon seal. I'll tell you what I've discovered in my own travels.
Your first clue is: Green, served his queen, fought the knight.."
"I can only reveal the second clue to someone who has earned 1 accolade, but no more."
"I can only reveal the third clue to someone who has not yet received any kudos."

Based off the first clue I want to guess it's got something to do with the story 'Sir Gawain and the Green Knight' Sir Gawain being a knight of the round table and the Green Knight served Queen Guinevere. As for actual fighting I'm not sure since there was a behedding involved but whether you'd call it a 'fight' is subjective.
Perhaps the Green Knight himself?

And a clue that came up prior to posting:
Quote:
"Sometimes the shape of the seal is a clue... And sometimes it's just a shape."
It's not just fandoms it's also got some game based riddles. Sword seal opened.
Dragonfire Moderator

Warcraft has a bit of a fandom out there, though!

(The Sword seal made so much more sense with the second clue, holy moly.)
Dog wrote:
Via your friendly neighborhood Inbox centaur:

If you are overwhelmed while seeking the guardians of the portal, perhaps you should adjust your notification settings.:
Quote:
As you come upon a patch of poppies, a little fairy flitters from amongst their petals and darts around your head.

"Hi there! Do you want some help opening the fairy seal? Your first clue is: Daughter of a tree."

"I can only reveal the second clue to someone whose birthday is on the 24th of any month."

"I can only reveal the third clue to someone who has been a member for at least a month, and who has never created a character.

"Your second clue is: She didn't believe the little elven boy was up to the task."

Second clue to the fairy.
Dragonfire wrote:
Warcraft has a bit of a fandom out there, though!

(The Sword seal made so much more sense with the second clue, holy moly.)

I'd like to see the second clue for the croc personally.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Official portal thread

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus