Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Stranded

Saraxx (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T)

Saraxx nodded, becoming more visibly alarmed at the situation.
Xiara (played by KingofHaddock)

"Good, then we must make our way down, we need to try and find a ship that actually works." Xiara began to make his way down to the docking bay, intent on breaking into one of the ships that still functioned. While he did feel some regret out of stealing, it was for the sake of survival, and if the majority of the crew on this ship were now dead, then they probably wouldn't miss it in the afterlife.

Saraxx followed after Xiara, eventually breaking off from hi mto explore further into the Dockign bay. Several of the docked ships she found several ships with destroyed engines and such. No that won't fly.... No that one's cock-pit is destroyed.... By the gods are there any non-damaged ships in this damned docking bay?"Saraxx said to herself angrily.

"We may unfortunately have to settle for the semi-broken at this rate" Xiara whined in disappointment "All I have found is dust and scrap, but we could try and wire up the broken cockpit and start up the ship, it may be the only chance at escape that we have.."

"Well what's really important is we find a ship with no hull breaches." Saraxx said

"Our chances of that are slim... We may just have to wait out the crash if this keeps up." Xiara voice was solemn, a crash from this atmosphere had very little chance of keeping the ship from being engulfed in flames. Much of the docking bay was also hidden by the black smoke that hid the spacecrafts on the left side. "We should try and find a way past the smoke, there may be a chance of a ship with no breaches if we try our luck."

"How many of the ships look like they're funtional? All we need to move the smoke is a low gust of wind or air, if we get the ships engines started on the lowest setting we might be able to clear out the smoke without the ships blasting off" Saraxx suggested, remembering a time when she was young where she saw a group of Pteranos blow away fire with their wings.

"I can only see a few, two of them appear untouched. The rest are a shambles like the rest of the bay." Xiara replied as he attempted to move himself through the black shroud of smoke. To his dismay, the left side had been engulfed by deadly flames, though it would be possible to ignore them if Xiara and Saraxx could get on board one of the ships.

Saraxx let out a sound that sounded like a mix between a squawk and a hiss. She looked around, before fallowing Xiara. When she got through the smoke her heart sank, seeing the flames.

"It appears that this our only chance, we will have to act fast or we will be burnt alive" Determined, Xiara attempted to cross the flames. Hopefully there weren't any oily chemicals caught by the fire, so his armour should remain untouched.

Saraxx followed. She'd be flapping her "Wings" to try and keep the flames away if the feathers were longer.

Now that they had somehow managed not to burn themselves, Xiara attempted to force open the door, however, it was obvious that it would require extra help to open up. It was a very sturdy, metallic from, one which would not back down so easily.

Saraxx dug her claws into the break between the door and the rest of the hull and pulled trying to help get the door open.

After a few hard moments of pulling, the door had finally surrendered. The ship was open. The next thing they now had to do was trying to operate the alien ship.

Saraxx entered the ship, and headed towards the pilot's seat. She noticed the design of the seat and hissed angrily. "I can't sit in it. My bone structure won't allow it"Saraxx said with a hiss.

"Then I suppose I am some use after all..." Xiara jokingly said. He'd normally prefer to place himself on the sidelines during dangerous situations but this was definitely a mishap that he had to fully partake in. Placing himself inside the ship, Xiara was overcome for a moment by the large amount of alien buttons, which he struggled to understand.

"I have spent too much time on my homeworld to translate this alien writing... Are you able to understand some of these symbols?"

Saraxx nodded. "This button right here starts the ship. You use the handles here to steer the ship. You can slow it down by pulling out, or speed it up by pushing in. I assume the buttons on the sticks are for launching missiles or firing weapons. This lever here is the emergency brake. The Regular brakes are on the Sticks, push them down and the Engines'll shut off" Saraxx said. While she couldn't udnerstand all the symbols she'd operated enough alien tech and ships to understand the very basics when driving.

"I see, thank you. I should now be able to activate this ship and get us out of this damned place." And with that said, Xiara had activated the ship, levitating above the flames as it awaited the Actarian's command. With the push of a button, Xiara activated the engines at full power, the force to both Xiara and Saraxx was like being caught in a blast as they flew out of the cruiser's atmosphere.

Saraxx stumbled trying to keep herself stable. "Okay that's good.... We're leaving now."Saraxx said. "Try and avoid any debree, if we hit something we'd probably crash, explode, or the ship would get depressurized and we'd suffocate."Saraxx said.

Xiara nodded his head as he operated the ship, he thought for a moment about the crashing cruiser as he made sure not to hit any of it mechanical litter. The idea of people being inside of there made his blood curdle. "Do you think that we are the only ones to make our escape..? Do you think that perhaps others had made it out as well?" He let out a deep sigh of thought.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Stranded

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus