Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Stranded

Saraxx (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T)

"That's what I was thinking Saraxx said. She walked over setting up an un ignited campfire. She remembered a unique trait that Dilophos had. They were able to regurgitate stomach acid as a form of self defense, in addition to being acidic Dilopho stomach acids were very flamable. She heaved, trying to spit up some of her stomach acids. She repeated the process a few times before she was able hack out a small puddle of the greenish mucus-like fluid. "Do you have anything that could start a fire?" Saraxx asked.
Xiara (played by KingofHaddock)

A slightly disgusted Xiara only shook his head. He didn't have anything on his person made for fire-starting. "Perhaps there may be something on the ship for cooking. The original owner appeared to have actually lived here, so there must be some appliances at least. Thinking any possible answer, the Actarian began to rummage through the various areas of the ship to find what they needed. Possibly a small lighter or flamethrower.

Saraxx looked around for anything she could use to balance the alien deer without droppign it int othe fire once cooking started. Eventually Saraxx managed to get a set of small tree limbs positioned in a way that would allow the balancing of the alien deer on it.

Xiara's search seemed fruitless, for the majority of what he found simply appeared to be strange and colourful chemical products. This was all definitely alien alright. Xiara decided to the bedroom area to see if there was any belonging, such as the lighter they both needed, waiting to be used.

Saraxx was waiting for Xiara, having already gotten the deer in position. She sat down waiting.

Tearing through the boxes and crates lying about the room, Xiara was almost at the point where he knew that there was nothing, until he came to a small cupboard by the bed. Opening the cupboard in anticipation, Xiara was quite interested at what he saw. A lighter, a few strange looking cigarettes, synthetic plastic stained with ash, a small plasma gun (a quarter of power left in the container), and finally a picture of an infant. Xiara guessed the the owner of this ship was a father, such a sad and unfortunate price to pay.

Taking the lighter and plasma gun, Xiara felt slightly touched by the photograph he had just seen. He didn't really have family to look to aside from his order brothers. He and his two actual biological brothers joined the Serpentines as orphans, and even then, one of them is dead, and the other is a renegade mutant.

"I have found a lighter we could use." Xiara held his hand up in some sort of amusing triumph. "I also found a weapon, albeit unimpressive." He spoke holding out the plasma gun toward Saraxx.

Saraxx stood up withthe front layer of her comm feathers flaring up, and the rest flaring out to the side, her kinds equivalent to a smile. "That's good. You know ho to work it right?"Saraxx asked, having never handled a lighter before.

"Yes. These cheap little lighters work with a mere flick." Xiara spoke as he demonstrated, igniting the flame. "Even with these gauntlets I can get this to work" After he spoke, Xiara finally lit the foul mucus that had been regurgitated from Saraxx. Well, it was foul in his opinion anyway, even if it was a necessity.

The goo gave off a terrible stench. It didn't seem to bother Saraxx much however, she ahd smelled much worse in her lifetime, and probably eaten worse. All she was focused on was the slowly roasting alien deer.

Xiara crossed his legs and sat down, waiting for the creature to cook. It was looked down upon for Serpentines to take off their helmets outside of their cantons, as that would give away their identity, but at the moment, Xiara didn't really have much of a choice. Xiara took off the skull helmet, exposing his reptilian face, as well as his mutilated mouth. Placing the helmet beside him, Xiara awaited the food.

"Do you midn me asking what happened?"Saraxx asked indicating the scars and damage around Xiara's mouth.

Xiara gave a small sigh, having to look back on darker times. "I am part of an order on my own world known as the Serpentine order, an organization of Actarian monks sworn to protect Acta from any threat. We mostly act through espionage but sometimes were are forced into open combat." He spoke as he touched the ends of his torn mouth, a cruel reminder of his past

"Many years ago, my canton were forced to battle an alien warband, led by a sentient machine known as Traoma. He had killed three of my fellow brother in arms when I faced him alone. I managed to best him, but before he fled and left the rest of his band of vagrants to perish in plasma fire, he attempted to decapitate my head. He miscalculated his swipe, and ended up tearing my mouth apart with his energy spear. My severed mouth reminds me of that battle, as well as the death of my fellow brothers that had died there." Xiara spoke with sadness as he remembered that day, a day that had only been full of terror and despair.

"I'm sorry to hear that"Saraxx said. Unlike Xiara she hadn't been in any wars or fights like that. The closest she got to that was fighting off bullies as a chic.

"It is fine. Besides, voicing my troubles is the best way of getting them off of my conscience. It Helps me feel better about myself." Xiara felt reassured as he explained the origin of his scars. "I am sure that there are others who have had to endure worse than me, for there are fates worse than death."

"Yeah... that's true." Saraxx said. She had some stuff in her head that was bothering her, though she wasn't sure if she should bring it up or not.

Xiara nodded in response, whilst picking himself up the check on the roasting creature. He could tell that it was becoming crispier as time passed. Looked like the food would be ready soon.

Saraxx waited for the Alien Deer to finish cooking, already having decided to take a leg, and see if she could dig out the liver.

As a carnivore, there was never really a reason to eat modestly for Xiara. He tore off one of the Deer-like creature's limbs began to devour it with the help of his durable gauntlets and bare teeth.

When she noticed Xiara take a limb Saraxx assumed the Alien Deer was finished cooking. She bit down on one of the legs and tugged until it came off with a pop. "I hope you don't mind me trying t pull out one of its guts."Saraxx announced.

"Hmm... I suppose not." Xiara nodded. Despite his past, the gritty gore of having to gut animals was never something that Xiara had ever admired.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Stranded

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus