Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Stranded

Oak Waterson (played by ShUhFP)

A simple trip. That's all it was meant to be...
But that's not what happened.
Leaving FLT, a looming ship appears at the edge of a small solar system. Two planets orbit a red giant, one planet just close enough to be a floating beach paradise. A vacation planet, known by the natives as Deserae. The ship moving in is a passenger cruiser, preparing to enter orbit. Unfortunately, another ship enters at the same time. The ship appears too close to the cruiser known as "Paradise III", and despite best efforts, gravity pulls the two into each other.
Sirens blare, and the ships' emergency warning systems activate. From both ships, (Paradise and Lunar Voyage IV) a robotic voice calls,
"Warning, warning. Hull damage critical. Escape pods active. Life support unavailable. Recommendation: Abandon ship."
The ships take further damage as gravity does its work, crunching the two closer.
(Players may start from their cabin, the deck, or the recreational facility. Cabins are relatively undamaged, but the hull is cracking. The deck is falling apart, and broken pipes are bringing a flood. The recreational facility is also falling apart, but is instead on fire due to flammable entertainment equipment.)
John felt the cruiser crash on the ground, alien sand and water poured into the conjoined hulls. He had thought that maybe his dad on this ship, John had uncovered clues that that lead him to believe his father was being held hostage on a space cruiser but sure which ship. Were they going to kill him and use the vacation cruise as a cover up, or maybe they were causing this crash? He didn't know, but what he did know was that he had to survive this. He had been in an escape pod that hadn't let launched yet when the ship hit the ground, he stood slowly recovering his balance, "hey is anybody out there." He paused waiting for a response, "does anyone need any help?"
Saraxx (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T)

Saraxx bolted down the corridor urgently trying to find a way off the ship. "Finally get a damn cruise to enjoy myself some with out having to wander around and do what ever someone pays me, and what do ya know? The damn ship crashes!" Saraxx said with a hiss. She continued running down the corridor passing multiple people. Eventually she passed John in her haste.
Xiara (played by KingofHaddock)

The thump of the crash had instantly brought Xiara back from his state of meditation. The very shock of being violently pulled from deep thought had made the masked monk almost forget where he actually was. After a few moments of pulling himself together, a dizzied Xiara opened his cabin door, the damage outside of his little sanctuary was yet another rude awakening. As he stood in awe, he heard the voice of another soul calling. 'I have to find out what happened here, and get out as quick as possible' The Reptilian humaniod thought to himself, as he hurried along the ruined corridors, to find this person within the ship.

Saraxx glanced behind her when she noticed she had passed someone who was clearly not dead. As she went down the corridor she unintentionally rammed into Xiara, sending both to floor.

Xiara's durable armour had helped cushion the thud as his body hit the floor. He thought to himself for a split second, shaking his head at the idea of any more shocking or surprise encounters. Already dazed, Xiara is now finding himself abruptly sent to the floor, cursing himself for not being more careful. Looking around, he pulled himself from the floor and dusted himself off. "Why are you in such a hurry?" The Reptilian grimaced under his skull helmet.

Saraxx got up shaking her head and flaring her Comm Feathers from slight irritation. "We're crashing! I brought my Personal cruiser into the ship's docking bay before it left" Saraxx said. "Come on, I've got room for a few other people" She added.

Xiara looked around for a moment, it seemed obvious that the ship would not hold out for long. He gave a small nod in acceptance of Saraxx's offer. "Very well, I shall follow on." An escape from this crashing ship was the first and most mandatory objective at this moment.

Saraxx nodded, and continued down the corridor. "Docking bay.. docking bay... docking bay.... DOCKING BAY!"Saraxx shouted as she ran to the lift that would take her and Xiara to the docking bay.

Xiara followed close behind Saraxx toward the docking bay lift. "I understand this ship is going to crash, but panic will only worsen the situation!"

"I know"Saraxx said hoping into the lift. She waited for Xiara to hop in.

Xiara followed Saraxx inside of the lift, anxious to find what state the docking bay was in. He hoped that it would not be in the same dreadful state as the rest of this crashing ship, but then again, hope was slim.

Saraxx activated the lift, with it going down to the docking bay. "Well.... I guess nows as good a time as any to introduce ourselves."Saraxx said. "My name is Saraxx"She said.

Xiara nodded his head silently, shadowing the icons and symbols on his armour. "My name is Xiara, I am a Reptilian from the planet Acta. I used this ship to hitch a ride to my destination, however, that is clearly not going to plan." He explained.

"Pleasure to meet you. I'm a Saurosapien Exile. Recently just been working what I could get, and was taking a break on this ship." Saraxx said.

"Exile..? May I ask, but for what reason have you been outcast from the rest of your people?" Xiara inquired. His reason was pure curiosity, there was little reason to discriminate at this urgent moment.

"I'm not a Pure blood."Saraxx responded. "Saurosapiens have a class society based on race.Most Theras are Soldier, Most Dromaeas fill in Political roles, etc. I was born from a Tyranno Dilopho "Mutt" with my father being a pureblood Dromaea. "Mutts" don't really have a place in society. So they booted me out. Honestly I'd rather eb an exile than put up with the discrimination "mutts" are given on our home planet" Saraxx said.

"I see... My world is quite different, for Actarians are more of a confederacy of Reptilian races. Any sentient Reptilian born on Acta can essentially call themselves 'Actarian.' Thousands of cultures and sub-races are the very essence of the planet's unique society, which leaves no room for discrimination, a trait that I must admit, am thankful for." Xiara replied, looking around the elevator. It didn't seem that it would take much longer to get to the docking bay now

The lift stopped with the doors opening. Saraxx headed out, and glanced around. Her Comm feathers seemed to go down further than they already were. The exit that led outside was closed, and debris had been scattered about the docking bay destroying several of the ships docked, including Saraxx's cruiser.

"Well, it seems that our escape plan has been snuffed out!" Xiara shouted as he wafted away the oncoming smoke of the debris. The situation appeared more and more dire with each passing second, and waiting out a crash from space would only end in death. "Then again, we could possibly hijack one of other ships. I hate to say this, but it is unlikely that they will miss it in death."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Stranded

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus