Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Stranded

Saraxx (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T)

"If they got to the Escape pods quick enough yeah. But I have no clue about anyone else escaping through the Docking bay. We were the only ones there that I could see or smell."Saraxx replied, looking out at the ship.
Xiara (played by KingofHaddock)

"Hmm... I truly hope so, for the concept of waiting for a ship to disintegrate in atmosphere is quite frightening..." As he spoke, Xiara took a quick look around the vacuum of space, and was disappointed in his findings. There were no spaceports or colonies that would appear up on the ships illegible radar. Trapped in deep space, the only possible safeguard was an obscure solar system two light years away, which looked like it would take hours before the ship actually reached it.

Leaving the engines as they were, Xiara took the time to look for an autopilot button, which took a few frustrating minutes as Xiara pressed almost every button on the control board, which led to stopping the brakes for a few moments among other things, before finally reaching for a big blue button which almost looked like a self-destruct sequence, until Xiara finally noticed the ship moving on it's own.

"It will take a few long hours before we finally make it to safety..." Xiara explained. "...until then, I am in need of serious rest."

Alright, I'll keep watch while you rest, should anythign attack us by chance."Saraxx said.

Xiara nodded as he left to find the bedroom of this ship, if it had one at least. His time of meditation upon the cruiser was cut short after it began to crash in deep space. Sleep was rare, as it was mostly accompanied by horrific nightmares of Xiara's former encounters with horrific mutants upon his own world, among other unspeakable things. Finally making his way to the room, Xiara sat in deep thought about what had happened. This situation was incredibly abrupt, and time to recap was helpful indeed.

The ship suddenly Jerked, having been hit by some debree. Saraxx let out a stream of slurs in her native tongue hitting button and trying to get the ship to stop, unintentionally pushing the steering wheel, thus turning the ship towards the planet. Saraxx grabbed onto the wheel and pulled out, trying to slow the engines but nothing happened. She pushed forward and the ships speed didn't increase. A screen finally came on. She couldn't read the tex but could gather that some debree from the ships had taken out the engines. Before Saraxx could turn the ship around and hopefully redirect it's path, it was caught in the planet's gravitational pull.

Xiara could not help but once again feel frustrated. Especially after he had once again been abruptly disturbed from his rest. However, he knew that what was taking place was quite serious. He raced to the pilot area, whilst feeling very strange as his body seemed as if it was being pulled down. Something was wrong. "What has happened?" Xiara spoke as he felt the back of his skull helmet.

"I think something hit the engines, the ship won't accelerate or decelerate" She said still trying to turn she ship around.

"Is there anything below us?! Are we crashing into an atmosphere?" Xiara acted with seriousness. There wasn't any real hope of escape on this small ship if they were going to crash land into a planet. Not that he knew of anyway.

"From what I can see we are crashing onto the planet" Saraxx said, pushing a few buttons. A set of wings came out of the sides of the ship. "But hopefully we'll be able to glide down safely. It's pretty common for ships to have wings on them to help stabilize themselves on re-entry, so hopefully they'll do their job even without the engine."Saraxx said, motioning for Xiara to take the controls.

Xiara maneuvered himself toward the control board. Being forced back into reality after an abrupt rest was quite dangerous. Whilst Xiara glided the ship down to safety, he could not help but feel drowsy, as if his consciousness was slipping away. The grip on the controls felt weaker and weaker with each passing second.

"Hey, are you okay?"Saraxx asked, noticing Xiara seemed to be losing consciousness. She grabbed onto the controls trying to land the ship safely, but was having difficulty keeping the controls steady due to her position in relation to the controls.

"I haven't had much rest throughout my journey, which is now starting to take it's toll." A dizzied Xiara blinked as he tried to wake himself up, once again grabbing onto the controls. "It shouldn't take too long to get us down to ground now. I just hope something doesn't await us down there."

"Try not to land in a jungle if possible. Predators are common there." Saraxx said releasing the controls when Xiara grabbed onto them.

"I can see a waterfall cliff within the distance. It seems to quite a few miles away from the jungles." Xiara pulled the gliding lever with what strength he could muster in tiredness, hoping to reached the safety of the waterfall without passing out from sleep deprivation.

The ship soared through the air, passing over trees and scaring off birds. It eventually came to a halt with a loud thud and a rocking of the ship. It skidded to a halt, being atop a large round boulder. Thankfully there were few trees in the surrounding area.

Xiara gave a quiet groan as he finally gave in to tiredness. Although Xiara did not enjoy exploring his inner mind by any means, he no longer had any control over his body for the time being. With the situation under control, Xiara fell back, finally passing out.

Saraxx sighed when she noticed Xiara pass out. She carried him to an area where he could rest more comfortably before heading out to get food and supplies necessary to survive.

A few hours later, Xiara had finally awoke. Fortunately, Xiara's dreams were quiet this time, a welcome change from the usual horrors he had to endure when he rested. Emerging from what seemed to be the ship's bed, a far more energetic Xiara approached the exit of the ship, looking beside the trees that they had landed by. He was unsure of where Saraxx had headed off to, but he was quite patient. Besides, she seemed to be a large and daunting creature. The Actarian had no doubt that she was well.

After a few Momments Saraxx returned, dragging some kind of creature in her jaws. It was about the size of a deer with a blue coat, six legs, and bioluminescent dots running down it's side in a line. She let go and looked over seeing Xiara. "Glad to see you're up" She said. "Can you eat uncooked meat?"Saraxx asked, having gathered some sticks that could be used to start a fire.

"As a matter of fact yes. Luckily I am a descendant of a carnivorous race on my own world." Xiara nodded, quite happy to see fresh food. "Though I have to say, there is a great difference in taste when cooked, we can use those sticks you had brought to fry the creature over with."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Stranded

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus