Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Thief and the Fox (1x1 Closed RP)

Ophelia Hannelore (played by itsjustgent) Topic Starter

Well, this was nice, Ophelia thought, a nice warm cave in a secluded spot atop a mountain. Romantic. The second the man threw his hood of though, all her suspicion was lost. This was Fallon? Finding the guy turned out to be a lot easier than she thought and it turns out he was quite the looker. No wonder Kitsu was looking for this guy. Oh if she wasn't around and she had this man all to herself...

She then notice Kitsu shrink back when he didn't recognize her. Odd, considering they traveled half way across the kingdom. The sudden attraction she felt for Fallon dissipated quickly when she saw Kitsu's state. "She's only your biggest fan," Ophelia said, nonchalantly as she threw down her things and sat with her back against the wall. "I'm surprised you can't recognize a pretty face like that."
Kitsu (played by kuroi_neko)

Fallon studied Kitsu for a moment, trying to rack his brain to remember if he recognized her or not. "No, I'm sorry, but I don't remember. I'm surprised, too, though. You both are very beautiful, and I wouldn't forget faces like that."

Kitsu let out a sigh. "It's okay, I didn't really expect you to remember me." She was already feeling the warmth from the fire, and held out her hands to it. She was really just trying to distract herself by acting normal.

"So, what brings you two out this far?" Fallon would say, setting on the wall adjacent to them.

Ophelia was sitting next to Kitsu as the young man spoke and she nodded and nudged at the girl's side. "My, my. Well he certainly knows how to talk to a woman, Kitsu," she said with a smile. She continued trying to egg the other girl on in starting a conversation with him. When Fallon asked what they were doing out here she quickly turned her attention back to him.

"Oh, us? Oh... well, you know." Her eyes darted back and forth between Fallon and Kitsu and she wondered why the girl was being so passive after such a great performance earlier this morning. "I'm just trying to get to the mage's college. I have business there but that isn't important," Ophelia then laid a hand on Kitsu's shoulder, "This girl, however, traveled far and wide looking for you. And I decided to help. It's adorable really, how fond of you she is, so I couldn't resist helping her. But I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves. I don't think we've properly introduced ourselves. I'm Ophelia. And this cute girl here... her name is..." She elbowed Kitsu's side, not wanting to completely dominate the conversation with this handsome young man.

Fallon looked confused again, as he studied Kitsu. That only made her shrink back more. But with Ophelia continually nudging her, she just became more flustered. Finally, she stumbled over some words.

"I-I'm Kitsu..." she said, closing her eyes as she spoke. She was really racking her brain now, trying to find the best way to get him to remember her without everything going to hell. She looked back to him, blushing brightly.

"Well, then. Hello, Ophelia, and Kitsu. I do apologize, but I just don't recall you." He directed the latter part to Kitsu. He returned to the first part of what Ophelia had said. "You said you are heading to the mage college? What for? I'm actually studying there now, while my grandfather is away, looking for something. I'm here in the mountains to study the element of water and ice."

"You're studying there, too? Well what are the chances. Turns out we were going to run into you eventually, huh, Kitsu? Me? Well... I'm looking to get an enchanted item that I found appraised. Figured the college would be the best place." Ophelia didn't exactly point out what it was nor did she indicate where it was kept. This was none of his business so she felt she didn't need to embellish. "But, uh... Oh, that monster there. Does he live around this area? I don't think I've ever seen something quite like that. You really did save our skins. Especially Kitsu, right?"

Again she tried to divert attention to the girl. The way she was blushing, her shyness! Inside, Ophelia was squealing.

By then, it seemed Fallon was picking up on what Ophelia was trying to do. He looked at them both for a long moment, before frowning. "Are you a pair of thieves?" he asked, serious. "Because, this is all a little strange, especially when you keep pointing her out, telling me she admires me, but I don't even know her."

"N-No!" Kitsu said, raising her hands defensively. "I just... I really..." she swallowed hard, not knowing what to say. "We only met on occasion, so I don't expect you to remember. I know... that is was silly to try and find you after you left. I'm sorry. I just... I just wanted to tell you how I felt!" She stood quickly, and threw her hands together. "If you want us to leave, we will. I just wanted to tell you that I am in love with you!"

Fallon looked at her, completely surprised by her words. But, he smiled in the end. "Well, that is very flattering. But, I'm afraid I cannot say the same back."

Kitsu's heart sank at those words, and he seemed to notice it. "But, that isn't to say that I might not one day. Just... let me get to know you, okay? So, that means you don't have to leave."

Kitsu looked at him for a long moment, and then looked very much relieved. She finally offered a genuine smile, feeling much more relaxed.

Thieves? How did he come up with a conclusion like that? Either this kid can read mines or he was incredibly smart. And if there was someone she was afraid of, it would be someone that could see through her little lies. And to make it worse, he turned down Kitsu. But his offer was fair. She wasn't sure why but she wanted to help Kitsu with her little love affair.

She leaned over towards Kitsu and whispered, "Remember what you did to that guard earlier this morning? Maybe you can, you know, do that with him. You'll have him eating out of your hands in no time."

Kitsu thought about it for a moment, but then shook her head quickly. "No... That would be cheating... I don't want it like that. I want it to be natural," she whispered back, but quickly pulled from Ophelia when she noticed Fallon watching them.

"Ah, thank you again," she said, bowing to him. "For saving us out there. I don't really think we can ever say it enough."

Fallon nodded and then addressed the question Ophelia had asked earlier. "That beast has been rumored to be around here, but... This is the first time I have seen it. It was almost like it had been waiting for you guys." He should his head, finding that very hard to believe.

"If you say so," Ophelia whispered back, "Lucky for you, I'm feeling generous. If Fallon is the guy you want. I'll help you get him." She turned her attention to the young man, inspecting him up and down. The thief had forgotten about the gem at this point and instead saw only the young man as an obstacle now.

"Huh. And here I was just making up that story about the abdominal... abdom... Ugh. The monster. I didn't actually know there was one here." She stared at the fire. The thought of the tiara doing this at the front of her mind.

Kitsu would smile at Ophelia's inability to say what the beast was. But, neither could she, so she really couldn't judge too harshly. Fallon gave a little laugh too.

"I'm not sure what it is called. I just heard about a beast wondering about. One of the other reasons I came up here. He shouldn't be able to follow us, though. Or, if he does, he won't be able to break through that ice wall." He walked over and tapped it.

"I think I am getting the hang of ice quite well."

"Ah, you were always good at the elements..." Kitsu started, but trailed off quietly at the end. She blushed again, and shook her head, turning away. "Oh, Ophelia, do you have any food on you? I'm a little hungry."

"You came up here hunting that thing around? You have guts. I like that." Ophelia dug through her supplies, glad that they at least didn't have to buy all the supplies again. "Yeah. Yeah. I got enough food for all of us." She opened a sack and unwrapped corn, chicken, eggs, as well as some bread. "I did buy for three people but I suppose you can have a share, being our savior and all." Ophelia said to Fallon.

She grabbed her stash of jerky and sat cross legged next to the fire. "Let's just hope the fire doesn't melt the ice, hm? I don't know much about the magic mumbo jumbo but if the ice melts, then that monster's bound to smell us a mile away with all this food.

Fallon would laugh and then shake his head. "You don't have to worry about that. And, thank you for the food. When we get to the Mage's College, I'll make sure to return the favor." He went, and joined her by the fire. Kitsu looked at the two of them, and paced back and forth for a moment, before joining them, sitting on her knees. She looked at Ophelia, almost asking for advice with her eyes. She had no clue what to do. What was she suppose to do to even make him interested in her? She didn't just want to flat out ask.

To be honest, she hadn't thought of what to do when she actually met up with Fallon. She had almost hoped it would have... just happened. He would like her instantly. But, that was no such luck!

Despite all she did earlier, Kitsu seemed to be at a loss for what to do. So she looked at the girl, then at the spot near Fallon. She even scooted away from Fallon to give her room to sit. "Kitsu, why are you sitting all the way over there? It's a lot warmer if we're sitting closer together, you know." She patted the spot between her and him and gave her a look as if saying 'watch and learn'. "So, Fallon. I'm curious. Tell me about yourself. Your favorites. Food. Color. Type of girl maybe? That would certainly lighten things up. And what about your family. You have a grandpa, you said? What's he up to?"

Kitsu had hoped for something that wouldn't be so close to him. She wasn't quite comfortable yet, but she supposed she would have to get over that if she ever really wanted to try for something with Fallon. She stood, quietly, and made her way over between the two. She would look from Ophelia to Fallon, whom was watching her with interest. She blushed again, before she had even sat down. Once she had, she pulled her furs around her, as if trying to hide herself.

Fallon turned his attention to Ophelia, when she started asking questions. "Ah, well, you certain jump right into getting to know someone, don't you?" he said, with a smile that showed he wasn't sure if he should answer or not. "I like spicy foods, I like the color blue... And, I haven't really been looking for girls as of late, so, I don't think I could answer that one honestly. I've mostly been worried about my grandfather. He's been out, searching for a sacred heirloom that was stolen from us. He couldn't continue my training, so he left me at the Mage School. Once I leave there, though, I intend to join him in his search."

"Uh huh," Ophelia said listening intently and leaning towards Fallon. Which was more like leaning on Kitsu since she sat between them. When Kitsu balled herself into her furs, Ophelia casually put an arm around the girl but secretly reached over and pinched her lower back as if scolding her into being more active in the conversation. "Oh? Your grandpa's searching for a sacred heirloom? What is it? Who took it?" Ophelia asked. She giggled inwardly on the possibility that it was her took it some time ago. But if they didn't and if the old man was out there looking for it then it must be of some value. "Maybe I might help. What does it look like?"

When Fallon had mentioned the heirloom, Kitsu swallowed hard. She jumped a bit when Ophelia pinched her, and frowned. She was truly hoping that Ophelia wouldn't question the heirloom, but... that was just hope. The thief asked the question, and Kitsu felt a knot in her stomach.

"A gem, which gave our family a unique power over magic..." he said, but didn't elaborate just what he meant by that. "It was a blue gem, about as big as my fist."

"Oh! That's terrible that you lost it. I do hope you find it soon. Though, do you really think you need it again? I mean, if it has been missing for a long time, then do you think you will ever find it?" Kitsu spoke, trying to make sure Ophelia didn't get the chance to speak.

"Well, we need it. It is the only way I can practice our family magic, and, since I am the last of my line, if I can't learn it, then it will be forever forgotten."

As big as your fist? With magical properties? Ophelia looked at her own and imagined it. A gem as big as that would be worth a fortune. Where had she seen something like that before? When Kitsu suddenly spoke up, Ophelia was already beginning to connect the dots and she did a slow nod to herself as she tried to draw a conclusion. Kitsu, you little thief, she thought to herself.

"That's unfortunate," Ophelia said with a pout, "Since you helped us so much I'll keep an eye out for that gem in my travels. I'll let you know if I see it." During the last sentence, she kept her gaze on Kitsu. She didn't know the exact situation but she felt the gem the girl had, why she was searching for Fallon, and why Fallon's grandpa was searching for a gem, were all connected somehow.

She cleared her throat and moved away from the two. "If you don't mind, though. I've had a long day. You know, traveling and fighting off snowmen. Hope you don't mind if I just get some shut eye for now."

The thief unrolled a sleeping bag next to the fire and dove in, turning away from them as she closed her eyes and listened for anything else.

Fallon would give a nod to Ophelia, when she said she was going to sleep. Kitsu, however, looked pleadingly for her to stay, but saw that the female had no intention of changing her mind. And so, the two would sit there, while Ophelia lay in her roll. It was rather awkward, really.

Finally, and surprisingly, Kitsu spoke. "I'm very sorry that you and your grandfather had to leave home, just because your gem was stolen." She looked to Fallon, and felt her heartbeat quicken. Just like back then.

"No... no need to apologize. It wasn't your fault, or anything." Fallon would lay back on the dirt looking up at the cave ceiling, the flames reflecting off of its smooth surface.

Kitsu bit her lip. But Fallon spoke again. "Where did you say we had met?"

The girl was silent for a moment, trying to find words... the right words. "Do you -- remember a little fox. A white fox? Near your home?"

Fallon thought back, and then gave a nod of his head. "Yes, I do. I had seen it when I was younger, all through the time my grandfather trained me. It was... strange. Almost like a domesticated dog. But, I enjoyed spending time with it. I couldn't help but be drawn to its mysteriousness and beauty."

Kitsu blushed, and gave a little nod. "I'm..." she started, but then bit her lip. Fallon raised his head to look at her. "I've seen it too. I overheard you mention it in town, and I introduced myself to you then. It wasn't really a memorable meeting. I do apologize."

"So... After a small meeting like that, you decided that you love me?" He gave a small smile, finding this somewhat amusing.

Kitsu's face reddened even more. "No, no! It wasn't quite like that. Just because we didn't talk, doesn't mean I didn't see you and watch you. It just... developed over time." She didn't quite realize how awkward that sounded... like she was a stalker. And here she was, tracking him down. "I didn't really... I didn't know how to tell you, back then, so that is why I was following you. I thought, if I was like this, you might accept me, and feel the same way."

"Like this? What do you mean?"

"Well, I didn't exactly... look the same back then."

Fallon sat up quickly, and placed his hand to his chin in thought. "So, that makes a little more sense. We would have been younger, so, looks can drastically change over a few years. And if we meet just that time, and over the years you just watched at a distance, I wouldn't have seen you change. So, I think it only natural I didn't recognize you. I think I faintly remember our conversation now."

Kitsu looked at him, and then gave a little laugh. "Yeah, I did go through a drastic change. I'm definitely nothing like I was before."

"Well," Fallon said, looking at her. "I like the way you turned out. You are very attractive." He spoke so openly about it, like it didn't bother him.

Kitsu wasn't sure what to say. She just raised one of the tails to her mouth, and hid the embarrassment she was feeling. "Th-Thank you," she said.

"If you want me to get to know you better, you shouldn't be so shy. Though, it is cute when you blush like that. But, just be open with me. I won't mind, I promise." Fallon stood, and dusted himself off. He made his way to his things and pulled two large blankets.

He laid one down fully, and sat on it. He pulled the other blanket over him, before patting the spot next to him. Kitsu tilted her head just a bit, in question.

"Come," he said, with a gentle smile. "Don't worry, my intentions are pure. I just don't want you to sleep in the open like that."

Kitsu just watched him... like a wild animal being beckoned to come closer. She wasn't sure what to do. But, after a few moments, she stood, and made her way over to him. She would sit down next to him, and he would put the blanket over her as well.

"Sleep as much as you can," he said, laying down, turning his back to her to show he meant nothing of this. "We will have a long walk ahead of us tomorrow."

Kitsu would nod her head and then lay down next to him. She made sure to keep enough space between then, to make sure he wasn't uncomfortable. But as the silence rolled on, with only the sound of the fire to keep her awake, she found herself moving closer to him, gripping the back of his shirt, while she rested her cheek against him. And he made no move to protest.

Ophelia was listening the entire time. The thought of the gem in Kitsu's possession was at the forefront of her mind. That is, until Kitsu started talking.

Her back was turned towards them but her eyes were open now as the conversation grew in tension. A white fox? How was that significant in anything. She balled her hand in a fist and released. Repeating it as she watched the marks of her nails dig into her palm. She was agitated listening to this go on. Not in a way that they were loud and prevented her from sleeping but it was something else. Kitsu's story was cute. And when Fallon said her shyness was cute Ophelia snorted, annoyed at him stating the obvious. Of course she's adorable, she thought. And... and you better find her attractive! She traveled all this way for you. All this way.

Her heart was thumping in her chest as she listened. She held on to every word Fallon said, threatening him in her mind, even though the intentions were pure. And by the time he laid with her, she hoped Kitsu wasn't doing that thing where she took off her clothes. Not just because it was indecent of her to do that but... Ophelia didn't want her being that close to Fallon.

Minutes had passed. Or maybe it was hours but the fire had grown weak and Ophelia was still awake. Her back still turned, refusing to look and see just what the two were doing. She didn't notice when she had fallen asleep and rather dreamt that she turned around and found the cave empty. She was alone again.

Kitsu woke to the sound of movement, and found that she was completely covered by the blanket. She peeked out from underneath the cloth, and saw Fallon gathering his things. She watched him for several minutes, not saying anything, and he would eventually turn to see her.

"Ah, good morning!" he said, giving her a smile. "I hope you slept well. I know I did." He turned back to gather his things again. "You better wake your friend. We should be on the move soon."

Kitsu sat up, stretching, and stood to make her way over to Ophelia. She gently shook the girl, and said, "Heey~ Wake up!"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Thief and the Fox (1x1 Closed RP)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus