Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Thief and the Fox (1x1 Closed RP)

Ophelia Hannelore (played by itsjustgent) Topic Starter

Ophelia was at a loss of words. The gem? She stole it from him and now he wants it back? "Ah..." Ophelia said with an awkward laugh, "Well that explains... quite a bit more of your situation then." Her hand balled into a fist as she mentally cursed the situation before returning to stroking the girl's bare back. "That's uh... quite a predicament you have then. I'm not too sure I understand it all but I've had a change in opinion. If you can't be with him if you give it back then... just don't give it back, yeah? I mean all you have to do is find him. He didn't know you took it right? Just uh... give the gem to me then you can be with him. That works, right?"
Kitsu (played by kuroi_neko)

"I can't just... Not have it," Kitsu said, slightly muffling her words on the bed as she turned her face into it. "And besides, I think he will know it was me who took it. I'm sorry... this is all just, very complicated." She would sigh and take a hold of Ophelia's arm to pull herself closer to the girl.

It may have been apparent then, that the girl was finished talking about her current predicament.

Ophelia sighed and shook her head. "No kidding. But, well, we'll figure it out when the time comes." She felt the girl take her arm and was wary again of the fact that the girl was naked. Mainly due to the fact that her arm ran down the length of the girl's torso. She didn't say anything. Not out of courtesy of embarrassing Kitsu but because Ophelia was getting rather embarrassed herself. So much so her face was probably turning red from all the awkwardness. She remained still, laying on her back and staring at the ceiling.

"I guess we'll talk about it more tomorrow," Ophelia said, not looking at Kitsu, "U-until then, good night?"

Kitsu gave a slight nod and attempted to fall asleep. She had to admit, this was much easier when there was someone with you. She felt much -- safer. And because of this, it didn't take her long at all to actually fall asleep. It started out kind of badly, the memory of the evil spirit from the forest chasing her. But she found a saving light at the end of the road, that bathed her in golden warmth, keeping her safe from the monster. The light was coming from a person, who took her in their arms and held her closely. And she was happy. This person must have been Fallon, readily accepting her for what she was.

Ophelia, however, didn't sleep so well. She was wide awake, listening to the men and women downstairs sing drinking songs up until a bit past midnight. But even when the singing stopped, she had a lot of thinking to do. Mainly what to do with the gem. Sure she had the tiara and she still had to figure out what it did exactly but why settle for only one extremely valuable item when she could have that AND the gem. But... the gem seemed like such a hassle just to take. And here she was, a thief that would take money out of a beggar's cup, worrying about making one little girl upset. That wasn't normal for her. This thought followed her as she finally went to a restless sleep.

Kitsu woke, finding that she had curled up just a bit away from Ophelia. She sat up slowly, and rubbed her eyes and looked to closed door to their room. It was much quieter this morning, rather than what she slept to last night. So, she felt a little less worried about leaving. She pushed the furs off of her, and raised her arms above her head as she stretched and yawned again.

She slid to the side of the bed, and undid her braid, just to redo it again. It had become messy during her sleep.

The movement stirred Ophelia and she took a deep breath in as she slowly came to. It was way too early for her given the time she actually slept and she curled up under the furs and pulling them up to her neck. When her eyes slowly opened she was greeted by the sight of Kitsu's butt. To that she snapped awake, trying to remember who, where, and what was happening right now. "Good morning," she said to Kitsu's back as she sat up. "You really have no problem walking around like that?" She asked. At the same time she bundled up the furs and set them aside, looking the girl over.

Kitsu looked at Ophelia with a smile, and greeted her with a Good Morning as well. But she was curious to the question directed at her. "Not in public... but, around someone I am comfortable with I don't... I-Is that not normal?" she asked, her cheeks flushing a bit. She hadn't really stopped to think about whether this was normal or not. She had just assumed --

She took her furs and pulled them up to herself. "I'm sorry. I hope I didn't make you feel awkward. I-I just didn't really think about it."

Ophelia raised her hands defensively. "No, no. I don't have a problem with it. I mean wouldn't you think since I was comfortable I'd... you know, walk around nude too? But since I didn't that means it's... well not normal? I mean, erm-" she stood up and cleared her throat, turning away from her as she tightened her tunic again and began putting on her shoes. "I mean if we were both naked and in bed wouldn't that seem a little... intimate at all to you? I mean from your perspective."

"Intimate?" Kitsu asked, tilting her head to the side slightly. "I'm not sure... what you mean? I don't think it would have been awkward, but, apparently that isn't a normal thing to do." She shook her head. "I'm sorry, I'm still not very good on what is normal around people. I've been very... sheltered, you could say. So, if I do something out of the norm again, please let me know."

She pulled the robe tight around her, straightening it out. "Umm, we can go when you are ready, I suppose."

"Um, er... well it isn't exactly normal nor is it really weird. Er, how do I explain this?" Ophelia still had her back turned to Kitsu as she tried to come up with an explanation. "Intimacy refers to being, uh, close to someone or being comfortable around someone. And laying in bed naked with someone you're really comfortable with, like REALLY comfortable with, is considered normal." Ophelia didn't know if that made sense or not. Honestly, she felt like she was trying to talk about sex with a kid. "Get it? Oh, nevermind. This is why I never want any kids... I'm ready to go, Kitsu. First things first. We need to get some food." She gave a heavy sigh. Was it really only morning? Going through that explanation just made her feel exhausted.

She decided to follow Ophelia's advice and just forget about it for now. She made her way to the door and opened it, listening carefully to see if it had gotten busier downstairs. With the quietness she heard, she was a little less nervous about leading the way this time.

She made her way down to the bottom of the stairs, and looked back to make sure that Ophelia was following. "Breakfast?" she asked, looking to her.

The thief grabbed her satchel and fastened it around herself before bounding out the door. "Yep," Ophelia said, following her down the stairs. She waved the innkeeper and stepped outside to a yet-to-be-busy town square. "Remember what I did yesterday? Well, today we can't do that, see, we're in need of supplies so we're going to have to be a bit more strategic about what we do. I personally like fishing for the money rather than taking items."

She looked back at the girl and smiled, "And today, you get lesson number one in being comfortable around crowds. Remember what you did with that guard last night? Why don't you try finding some other person to charm into giving you some money?"

"Ah, what?" Kitsu said, as she followed the girl. "And... how am I suppose to? I can't just walk up to a random person. And... What if they yell at me?"

She didn't just want to go up to a random stranger and ask for money. That wasn't her. She wasn't comfortable doing that. Especially since she had never done it before. She looked around, wondering who she might even try to charm into doing such a thing.

"It's no problem. Really. From what I saw, you're a natural at it. Why, if I were a stranger, I'd have no reason to yell at you. You look so cute! Even if you don't get any money, just use your body as a way that provokes attention... In fact, that's all you have to do. I'll handle the rest. Here, watch."

Ophelia wandered over to a nearby citizen who was, at this time, playing a solo game of chess. He was focused at the time and didn't notice her until she ran her fingers gently over his back from one shoulder to the other as she passed by. Initially the man reacted as if he were being mugged but paused when she saw Ophelia walking by. She stopped and turned to him with a wink and a smile before returning to his side. "Morning," she said in a soft voice, "What you doing here sitting all by your lonesome?"

"Erm, I, well. Playing some chess-" Ophelia silenced him with a finger to his lips as she let that hand drop lower to his legs, out of Kitsu's view. Ophelia looked over at the girl with a wry smile before turning her attention back to the man. "By yourself? Why not play a game with me? Meet me at the tavern tonight?"

The conversation went on for only a few more seconds before she stood and made her way back to Kitsu. Three silver coins in her hand which she pocketed. "Simple as that. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner right here. Now we need money for the other essentials. Think you can at least distract someone?"

"Um..." she said, glancing around, trying to find someone. She didn't even know where to begin. The looked over the people nearby, and tried to find someone. There was a man standing near the edge of a building, seeming to be distracted by a letter in his hand.

Kitsu gave a gulp, and made her way over to him. "Erm," she started, but he didn't seem to notice. She cleared her throat and touched his arm carefully. "Excuse me... You look... rather lonely. What are you doing here, by y-yourself?"

The man looked at her, quite perplexed by what was happening. "I'm reading a letter from my wife, who left to visit her dying mother. She has been gone for over a month now."

"Oh! That's so sad! I'm sorry, I hope she is okay, and her mother too!" She squeezed his arm lightly. "Ah, if I can do anything to help you, let me know. I'm a little short on money though, so, I can't do much, but whatever I can, I will more than be willing to do!"

Ophelia followed the girl, slinking up to the prospected target and waited for Kitsu to grab his attention. The thief sighed, tapping her forehead as she heard Kitsu's opening. She didn't literally mean to follow her step by step on-- Ophelia saw how Kitsu suddenly jumped in on the man's misfortune. This could be an opportunity! She stood around the corner of the target and as Kitsu talked, the thief carefully flipped the coin bag over and caught what coins fell out.

Two silver coins. This was not going to get them much. Kitsu needed to target upper class nobles if this was going to work. As soon as the coin bag was set back in place she rounded the corner, clearing her throat and motioning towards Kitsu and telling her that was enough.

Kitsu was still trying to consolodate this man, when she heard Ophelia trying to grab her attention. And it worked.

"Well, I hope you have a good day," she said, quickly ending the conversation and making her way over to Ophelia.

"I'm just not very good at this, I'm sorry," she said, giving a sigh. "I just... it seems like you have more practice at this. I'm really trying hard."

"No no, you did fine at the end. Besides, it's your first time so don't get so worked up about it. See? Here's your share." Ophelia offered her the two coins she earned from the man Kitsu distracted. "The end part was better. The beginning, well... unless you're confident with your own body you don't need to open up a conversation like that. It's just the things that you say that count but your body language as well. If you really wanted to follow my approach, you'd have to sway your hips more and know where to touch a person. And you have to get intimately close to them. Sort of how you cling to my arm except... more provocatively and less... cute-animal-like."

She stopped walking. They had been making their way into the upper-class side of the city and it showed in the several layers of fluff some of the women wore as they pranced around town under their umbrellas. "Now here's a decent spot to rake in the real cash. A good tip, look for one that's alone and away from the crowd. The last one you did was really out in the open. And this time, try acting natural. Who knows, maybe you'll really bag someone."

Kitsu honestly just wanted to say no. This just wasn't something she was comfortable with, something she didn't think she could do. This was more Ophelia's expertise. But, she was trying to help, so she might as well try.

She scanned the area around her, trying to find someone. These people seemed less ... alone. They were grouped up more. So, how was she suppose to find someone to try her little act on.

But her golden eyes stopped on a tall, blond haired man standing by himself, just behind a building. He was dressed nicely, and just stood there, watching the people as they passed by.

Kitsu took a deep breath, and made her way toward him, slowly this time, trying to look like she wasn't up to anything. Okay, how was she going to start it this time? Oh yeah, sway her hips like Ophelia said. She did just that, her furs swishing behind her a bit more than normal. She held her head high, and looked in every direction but the man, until she was close enough to him. She cleared her throat just as she was about to him, but noticed a shiny medal on his chest, on which was inscribed Captain of the Guard. Guard... Well, this was a bad idea.

She made to immediately turn around, but she panicked, thinking she was going to get into trouble. And her feet found each other and she fell forward. She reached out, her arms wrapping around the Captain, and she unintentionally pressed her chest into him.

"Ah! I-I'm sorry," she said, almost looking like she might die of a heart attack. She was almost convinced that she was getting in trouble... he was going to know what she was up to.

"Are you okay?" he asked, surprisingly seeming concerned. "I saw you trip... good thing I was here to catch you."

Kitsu looked up at him, very confused. He wasn't going to get on to her? She thought she was being rather obvious with her approach.

"Yeah, I-I am fine. I just -- I think I'm lost. I don't know where I am. I'm new to the city." Something seemed to spark in Kitsu. She knew she could use this to her advantage. "I came here, wanting to try and find work... but now... I'm just out on the streets."

"Well, you are definitely in the wrong place," the guard said, almost sounding like he was telling her to leave this area. "But, with those natural furs, and the way you look, you might have fooled even the people who live here. What were you needing help with?"

Kitsu looked up to him, blinking a few times, and then finally stood up straight, but left her arms around his.

"I guess... Just basic supplies. I've been trying to get money to pay for things... but, I'm really scared to just go around and try to get work. I feel I might be taken advantage of... I need someone to protect me."

She turned, and her golden eyes flashed with a playfully seductive look. "Could you...?" She reached up, putting her hands around his neck and pulling him closer to her, very much looking as if to kiss him. And the guard was completely going along with it, almost as if in a trance.

If Ophelia had asked for more intimacy, then the scene before her might very well fulfill her wish. Kitsu had nearly touched her lips to his, his arms around her waist, but she stopped, looking at him for a long moment.

"No... This-- This isn't right," she said, pulling away and shaking her head. Though Kitsu seemed back to her naive self, the guard was still entranced, even as she quickly headed back toward Ophelia.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Thief and the Fox (1x1 Closed RP)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus