Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Thief and the Fox (1x1 Closed RP)

Ophelia Hannelore (played by itsjustgent) Topic Starter

Ophelia nodded. The answer was expected coming from Kitsu. "Well, I mean... people like different things--especially between opposing sexes. You can't fit in with everyone unless you catch their attention with a personality they like. I mean, what you did there, against that guard versus what I did just shows how people can easily sway to do things you want if you push the right buttons. For him, I guess he was used to the old 'beggar' act I gave him but when he saw you... I don't know. I guess you had this sort of charm that was able to convince him to help us.

"What I'm trying to say is... you can use this to your advantage, you know? Maybe you can use it on your little boyfriend, hm?" she said nudging the girl on her side.

The inn was a decent size. Being one of the hubs for traveling merchants, the building had to accommodate. It was a two story building built wide with a double door that opened up into a busy bar hat seemed to span the entire first level. Despite how late it was, the lower level had quite a few patrons.
Kitsu (played by kuroi_neko)

"Erm..." was all that Kitsu could say; holding the last of the sound for a couple of seconds. She still wasn't sure what Ophelia was getting at. "I was just trying to be sincere about our situation. I didn't lie, you know." She looked into the tavern area when it was visible and nearly froze. She looked at all the people inside, and took a step back.

"Could you just... get the room? And come get me when you do?"

"Kitsu," she said with a sigh, "there's nothing wrong with a lie every now and then." Ophelia stopped as well when they stood in front of the inn. "What's wrong?" she asked and looked inside. "See someone you don't like?" she tugged her arm again towards the inn.

She shook her head, rather quickly. "No, but -- there are a lot of people in there. I .. I don't really feel comfortable going in with all of them." She touched where her gem was, and gave a little sigh. She felt awkward around large groups of people. Perhaps, if Ophelia really knew why that was, it wouldn't be a strange thing to say. But, that would be far too much explanation, and other possible situations that Kitsu wanted to avoid.

"... Alright. I'll grab a room. Wait out here, alright? Don't get kidnapped." Ophelia flipped the coin and caught it and went inside. No one paid any mind to her and she made her way to the owner. Before long, Ophelia re-emerged from the inn with a key.

"Alright. The coin got us enough for a single bed room. You alright with that?"

Kitsu would smile gratefully when Ophelia would come back with the key. "Of course that is fine," she said with a smile. She held back from telling Ophelia that this would be the first time for her to sleep in an actual bed. That might be another awkward thing to explain.

"I suppose I can get over my fear of people long enough, to walk to our room," she said, though still a little hesitant as she looked back into the inn. She swallowed hard and looked to Ophelia. "How much of your stuff, did we manage to save?"

She hadn't had much to begin with, so what ever was lost, was Ophelia's. And she was already feeling bad for what was lost, especially the horse. Poor thing... She wondered what had happened to it.

"Don't worry, Kitsu, you'll be fine." Ophelia nudged her more towards the door. "Hang around me enough and I'll help you get over your fear in no time."

When Kitsu mentioned the lost possessions Ophelia dropped her head. "Ugh, don't remind me," the young woman said with a resentful sigh, "But if you must know: I lost my horse. A good horse, too. I lost my silks, my change of clothes, food supplies, bed rolls, uh... some alchemy supplies, money..." She patted the satchel in her belt. "All I got is my trusty dagger and this bit of jewelry. We're going to have to scrounge for supplies tomorrow. Luckily for us, we're stopping by Glacier's peak tomorrow so we wouldn't have to worry about gathering too many things. But maybe a new horse unless you're fine with walking."

"I don't mind walking, but a horse would be faster, I suppose," she said, and took a gulp as she looked back into the inn. But, if she was wanting to sleep, she was going to have to do this. She went behind Ophelia, and pushed her forward. "You lead the way to the room," she said, hanging on tightly to the back of her shirt as she urged her to guide her. There were so many people, she didn't want to be the first one they saw.

Ophelia sighed again, "Alright. Alright." She walked in with Kitsu hanging on to her. Of course this drew a bit more attention than she wanted from the other patrons and she ignored them as she made their way up the stairs into the more quieter loft area. She used the key and opened the door, revealing a rather small room with a bed and a chest to store things in. It was a narrow room, perhaps wide enough to fit maybe two single bed's if pressed together and she almost tripped over the chest walking in.

"There, wasn't so bad, was it?" she said, shutting the door and drowning out the voices and laughter just a little bit. "Hopefully it'll die down before it gets too late... And the bed's a tad bit small. Ugh but beggars can't be choosers I guess."

To be honest, Kitsu had kept her eyes closed the entire way up. And now that she was in the room, she looked around being quite pleased. "No, I guess it wasn't so bad. If you want, I can sleep on the floor. I don't want you to be uncomfortable, and my furs make a pretty good bed."

She avoided falling over the chest as well, and went to the bed to poke at it lightly. It was a little hard, but it was better than sleeping in the hay in a stinky stable. Hopefully this would suffice for Ophelia.

Ophelia laughed, "You've been clinging on to me the entire day and now you want a little space to yourself?" She hung her satchel on a bedpost and hopped in bed. She gave a content sigh as she crossed her legs. She stared at the ceiling, happy to be in something warm rather than shivering out in the cold night. All alone.

"You know. Honestly, I may have gotten used to you clinging on to me. Er... I mean, sleeping alone for so many years without anyone else around kind of gets old. I wouldn't mind if we shared or anything. No blanket, anyways so we'd be able to keep ourselves warm," Ophelia said. She looked at Kitsu for a moment then looked away feeling a bit embarrassed, "Just a suggestion though."

She hadn't noticed that there wasn't a blanket on the bed. "Oh! Well, yes! We can use my furs, to keep warm! I was just suggesting I sleep on the floor, because I didnt' want to be a bother to you anymore." To be honest, she was very happy that she wouldn't be sleeping there. She liked the company Ophelia gave her.

She hopped onto the bed as well, and leaned over Ophelia. "Thanks again, for taking me to see if Fallon is in that city. You are probably the nicest human I have met other than him." She tilted her head to the side, and smiled.

The thief gave an uneasy laugh, "A bother? You? Nah. I would never think that. It's just nice having company." She kicked off her shoes and loosened her leather tunic, allowing her to breath again and smiled when Kitsu leaned over her.

"Oh go on! It's no problem really," Ophelia said, though her gaze was more on the large gem around Kitsu's neck than on the girl. "I was going the same way so I might as well bring you along, you know? You really think I'm that nice? That's awfully flattering of you."

"Hmm." Kitsu cooed, closing her eyes at Ophelia's words. After a moment, she would let out a little yawn. Even after being passed out most of the way here, her body was still very tired. She still didn't recall how she had escaped from the black pit, but whatever she had done, it had taken a lot of energy from her.

Kitsu stood up on the bed, and did something that she didn't even think as being unusual among humans. She hadn't been around them much, so she still wasn't sure what was welcomed and unwelcomed. But to be honest, she was comfortable with Ophelia, and didn't feel awkward about taking off her robe to use her furs as a blanket for them both. She would throw her robe over Ophelia, and quickly go under as well, pressing against her much like a pet would to its master.

As the gem fell in front of her on the bed, and she looked at it for a moment, Kitsu spoke slowly. "Thank you, for not questioning me too much. Just the fact that you accept me for who I am, really makes me happy."

Ophelia watched for as Kitsu stood on the bed. No, she wasn't surprised by this action given how strange the girl was in the first place. What she was surprised at was the fact that Kitsu had begun to take off her clothes and Ophelia responded to this by... watching her strip. "Kitsu, what are you--Oh," she said when the blanket was draped over her with Kitsu pressing herself on her. The whole time, the young woman could do nothing but awkwardly put an arm around Kitsu.

Kitsu's body felt... nice. Sure Ophelia teased her earlier that day on the river but in a more intimate setting like this, she was the one that felt rather vulnerable. Now if Kitsu were a man... Ophelia shook her head, why would she think about something like that?

Ophelia turned her attention to the gem as Kitsu spoke and she responded softly, "Yeah, well. Thank you for keeping me company on my little journey. Despite all we went through... today, I expected our little party to end. You must really love this Fallon guy."

Kitsu smiled as she placed her fingers lightly on the gem. "Yeah, he was always really nice to me. But... he left before I ever got to tell him how I feel about him." She gave a sigh, and frowned just slightly. "I think it is my fault that he left... that's why I have to find him."

She turned her head, just enough, so her hair fell over her face to hide it. She was recalling that day she had gone to his house, after doing so much to actually meet him, and the house being empty. They had left so quickly, that she was surprised to find everything gone.

"Have you ever been in love, Ophelia?"

"In love?" Ophelia asked in thought. She gently ran her hand up and down Kitsu's back after becoming a bit more comfortable having her cling on to her like that. "That's a tough question. But I'll have to say... no. I don't know about you but when you come from my world, you don't have time for the finer things in life. I meet many people, men and women and if they have something I want... I take it by any means necessary. Including 'make love' but I'm sure that's not what you mean by being 'in love'."

This got her thinking, now. was she really missing out on affection? It's been a long time since anyone she knew loved her. Since she started this whole thieving business. But she never found much use in it since it didn't seem to physically benefit her in any way.

Her hand stopped. She looked down at Kitsu and said, "Why would you assume its your fault, anyways? Why Fallon left, I mean. You didn't scare him away or nothing, did you?"

Kitsu was curious to her words. How could you take love? The concept didn't really seem to work in her mind, so she just pushed the thought away for the time being. Of course, that wasn't hard to do when Ophelia was stroking her back. It felt nice... Familiar to a previous form.

But when the girl stopped and asked her how it might be her fault, she was broke from that trance. She really didn't know how to answer it. "No, I didn't scare him..." she said truthfully. "I think -- I took something that was important, and he went looking for it; because I didn't tell him in time."

Her hand clenched onto the gem tightly now, as she looked between her hair to it.

"You took something? You little thief, I never knew you had it in you!" Ophelia said, poking the girl on her nose. She almost felt proud of Kitsu, which was kind of sad from a moral standpoint. "What'd you steal? His heart?" She giggled to herself at that joke but it died off when she saw how upset Kitsu looked. "If whatever it is you took is that important to him, I think it's best you give it back. I mean you're trying to win his heart, right? I think first returning what you stole would be a good thing."

She laughed in her head. Was she, a thief, really suggesting that? Her hand returned to stroking the girl's back in thought. "I'll be there for you. So don't worry. And when you do see him, I'll give you pointers on how to really grab his attention. It's the least I can do for having your company," she said, though she said it more to the gem than to Kitsu.

"I can't..." she said, quietly. "I can't return what I stole. Well... I can, but if I do, that means we can't be together. But, I think if I just explain why I did it, he'd understand." Wishful thinking was all it as now. She wasn't really sure on how Fallon would react to anything that she'd tell him.

She was silent for several moments, seeming to be lost in her thoughts. But she would slowly come back out of that trance, and would look to Ophelia, saying, "It was this gem. I stole this gem. And now, it is the most important thing in the world to me, next to Fallon. I have to keep it safe, so I can be with him."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Thief and the Fox (1x1 Closed RP)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus