Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Thief and the Fox (1x1 Closed RP)

Ophelia Hannelore (played by itsjustgent) Topic Starter

Ophelia crossed her arms and scanned the area and help point out possible targets for Kitsu. By the time she found one, however, she turned just in time to see Kitsu trip all over the city's captain. Her face was quite pale when she saw this as she extended a helpless hand as she watched the situation play out with mouth agape. What could she do? She couldn't just waltz up there and snatch the girl off the man's hands.

Her situation changed, then when she saw that Kitsu was still talking to the guard. But something was different, and she heard every word that came out of the girl's mouth. Everything she said was... natural. And that moment when her lips got close to his--Ophelia found herself holding her breath. When she pulled away, Ophelia gave a sigh of relief. For what exactly? Ophelia wasn't sure but she felt that even though the kiss would be a guaranteed heart catch, it would devastate her.

When Kitsu hurried back to her, Ophelia couldn't help but applaud her for her performance. "That... was amazing! How... how did you do that? I mean, well, maybe that wasn't as me but... oh who am I kidding? Kitsu, I never knew you had it in you! Why didn't you, you know... ki- er take any money from him? I mean look he's still- he looks so hypnotized. What did you do?"
Kitsu (played by kuroi_neko)

"I-I don't know," Kitsu said, honestly. "It was just like... I knew what I had to do, to get what I wanted. But I stopped myself. It just... Like, it didn't feel like it was me. I don't know, it is hard to explain, especially when I don't understand it myself."

She would glance back at the guard, and her face would nearly turn red as she remembered what she had almost done. "Ooh~ Fallon would never have forgiven me if I had done that. I don't think I can do that anymore."

Ophelia disagreed. For having lived a life doing exactly that to get what she wanted, she felt this new found talent was a necessity. "No! It's alright. I'm sure Fallon wouldn't mind. Especially if you use that charm on him, you get what I mean?" Ophelia nudged playfully at the girl. "But in all seriousness, Kitsu: You have really got something there that you can use to get what you want! Think of the possibilities!"

Kitsu shook her head, but decided it was no use. She had a feeling that Ophelia wasn't just going to drop this and let her continue being the way she was. She would have just sighed again, but the guard had caught her attention as he walked toward her.

"Here, to help you get started. And if you wouldn't mind meeting me in the tavern at sundown?" He gave her a smile, and continued on his way. Kitsu looked to her hands, in which he had deposited a small heavy bag. She was confused. She had left him over there, and yet he still came to assist her? She bounced the bag a few times, and heard the familiar sound of jingling coins. "That's... a lot!"

Ophelia was literally bouncing with excitement at the money. She took everything back about Kitsu. This girl was so much more useful to her with her new discovered talent. She quickly took the coin bag from the girl and peaked inside. Silver coins. And she swear she saw some gold in there. This can buy her a horse and then some!

"Oh my gosh Kitsu I could kiss you for all this! I can't believe he just gave you this much it's..." She calmed down in an attempt to catch her breath. "Okay. Okay. Here, this is all yours," Ophelia said, finding it quite difficult to let go of the bag. "You've earned it. So, with your new money, you get to decide what we buy. We need a horse, some thicker clothes for the cold ahead, and... since we have the coin, we can buy enough food for a week. We should make it for three people not just the two of us. Alright?"

Ophelia was so excited, so that made Kitsu happy. At least something good did come out of this. "Sure, we can buy what we need. You can use some too, I don't really even know what to do with all of this." She nodded her head, and gave the bag back to Ophelia.

"But, what about the Captain?" she said, as she started walking from this part of town, back toward the market. "He said I should meet him at the tavern. Would it be rude not to show up?"

Ophelia laughed and patted the girl on the back as she pushed her hurriedly along towards the market. "No, no. You don't have to. You only tell people that to make them more open towards you. And if they offer it themselves, just tell them yes but don't show up. It's no big deal really. They'll just leave and move on with their life."

With the bag of money now in her hands she went right for the clothier and picked out a thick wolf-fur coat. "Grab something for yourself, hm? It's going to be cold where we're going." Since they were there, she went ahead and bought a new set of clothes for herself along with the coat. A fresh set of linens so she wouldn't have to stick in the smelly thieves leather all day, as well as a new large bag for to throw over the horse.

Kitsu followed Ophelia, and watched her as she picked out some clothing. She wondered just what she would were, and decided she wouldn't change her outfit too much. She bought thicker, tight black pants, and a black undershirt. She also bought white fur boots. She would actually just put her robe over the ensemble, so she didn't look too different. To be honest, she liked her furs.

"Ah, a horse? Can we get a white one? I think white is a pretty color." She went to Ophelia to inspect what she had bought.

Ophelia saw all she bought and didn't seem too happy about it. "Fine, but don't come complaining to me when it really gets freezing." She tossed all the clothes on the counter and paid the amount, leaving just enough for a decent horse and a day's meal for three. "Yeah, sure we'll get a white one," Ophelia said, lugging the bag over her shoulder as they made their way to the stables. She had spotted it on their way here. A big, white horse, covered in thick hair with stocky legs. Perfect for traversing through the thick snow they would encounter.

Along the way to the stables she filled another bag with bread, roasted meat, fruit, and vegetables for the trip. And when they reached the stable, she simply plopped the rest of the cash in the bag and pointed out the horse she wanted. They had it saddled and fitted with the proper harnesses that allowed her to hang their new belongings on. With all that taken care of in significantly less time than she had anticipated, she figured they would reach the peak well before sun down. Good news since they just came out of the haunted woods just yesterday. "C'mon Kitsu, Let's head on out," Ophelia said, offering a hand as she mounted the horse.

"Let's name him, Jeradin," Kitsu said, patting the horse's neck. He seemed a little uneasy around her at first, but became adjusted to her presence and steadied himself. Kitsu too Ophelia's hand and pulled herself up behind the girl.

"How much further, do you think?" Kitsu asked, forgetting just where they were. Especially all that running through the forest from ghosts.

"Naming a horse, huh? Don't get too attached, now. You'll end up missing it more if something goes wrong on along the way. Not that anything bad will happen, just being precautious." Ophelia kicked at the horses sides and it walked its way out past the city walls. "Well, I just so happen to keep a map with me at all times, so..." Ophelia reached into a pocket on her pants and fished out a very crude drawing of the kingdom's territory. She held it over her shoulder to show Kitsu behind her. At the center of the map was the kingdom's capital where she initially came from two nights ago. All along the map were cities marked with a big red x. She pointed south east of the capital, at a dot labeled Corwen, who's location was flanked by a large forest just west of it. "We came through here, and we're supposed to head eastward towards the eastern coast of the territory." She traced her finger over a range of mountains acting as a natural wall that separated the eastern coast from the mainlands. The range cuts short of the southern shore and is then lined with cities that hugged the mountain range's southern approach. All of which were marked with a red x.

"Instead of going around along the main road, we're cutting right through the mountains, into glacier peak where we'll stop for the night. Then, it's down towards the coastal region, through the swamplands into the city of Thorolain. And finally after a day's rest there, we should be able to reach the Mage's college by noon of the following day right at the beach. Sound good?"

Kitsu had her arms around Ophelia's waist, but was leaning forward to glance over her shoulder so she could see the map as well. As she explained their route, she nodded her head, seeming to understand what she was being told. "Yeah, that sounds fine. As long as we don't have anymore crazy things happen along the way. What are those red X's?" She reached her and out, and pointed at one of the red X's on the map.

"Crazy? Please, you're riding with a person who steals for a living. How can something crazy NOT happen, is the question." She was being serious. A slow day would be her not having to commit a crime. She then looked at what Kitsu was pointing out. "Oh, those? I was either banned from those cities or they got a bounty over my head. No big deal really. I just don't visit those towns anymore," Ophelia said, putting the map back in her pocket. "Speaking of crazy, have you heard the rumor of glacier peak? They say it's inhabited by an... ab... abdom... abdominal? No... Abominable snowman. They say he's over 9 feet tall, big and muscular and can bite you in half simply by just looking at you!" Ophelia said with her eyes growing wider just by explaining it. She laughed at the end. "Not really though. Though there have been rumours of seeing something big wandering the ice during really strong blizzards."

Of course this was just to scare Kitsu again. The whole forest witch thing? Just to scare her. She found it funny how naive she was and it was strictly a coincidence that they ran into a ghost that night.

"Oh! Maybe we shouldn't go that way!" Kitsu said, clinging tighter to Ophelia. "You mentioned that witch last time... and -- Well we found her! What if we run into the abom-in-inal thing?" She almost sounded like she was whining. But to be honest, she didn't really want another incident with the witch again. "Even if they are just rumors..."

Kitsu couldn't help but feel like she was bad luck; though it was only recently. Or maybe Ophelia was bad luck. Or maybe they had been punished by the witch because they had deceived that man and his cart. In any case, she just wanted to find Fallon as soon as possible.

The sun was shining directly at them now as they traveled east with the giant shadow of the icy mountain range retreating back to the foot of the moutain. The wide plain that they traveled through was cloudless with a soft, cool breeze whipping at their tails. "No can do, Kitsu. We're taking the mountain path. If we head north, it'll be another week before we reach a decent path that will cut through the mountain range. And by going south, we'll be going through a bunch of cities that know me. And I don't want that. So we're cutting straight through glacier peak. It'll be alright though. If we do run into the ab... the snowman, I think I know just how to stop it!" She said and reached behind to give Kitsu a reassuring pat on her head. Ophelia then kicked at the horse and it picked up speed into a brisk trot.

Kitsu didn't like the idea at all, but she also didn't like the idea of waiting a week more than she had to, to reach the Mage School. She sighed, and nodded when Ophelia patted her head. "I hope so," she said quietly, and tightened her grip when the horse began to pick up its pace.

The furs around her waist were dancing out behind her, the wind throwing them out and it made it appear as if the horse might have two tails.

"So, are you just banned from cities, because you stole too much?"

"More or less," Ophelia said with a smile. "In some, I haven't even gone in. But word gets around fast and eventually neighborhood towns will close their doors. Which is sort of another reason why I want to cut through the mountains. See, we've been through a lot together in the past two days and I think I can trust you, now. I'll be honest with you. This tiara? Not a family heirloom. Actually belongs to the king's daughter. Well, it wasn't hers yet. The story goes that one random day, a mysterious man presented the tiara to the throne saying it was a gift that would grant anything of your wildest imaginations. Of course they went through all those fancy security measures before determining that this would be a gift for their daughter's birthday next week... And then later that night, I took it. People don't know this tiara exists yet. And if I can beat the news that the tiara has been stolen by cutting through these mountains to the college, I'll be able to find out what this thing actually does without being arrested in the process!"

Kitsu frowned. "That's terrible, Ophelia! That was a gift to a young lady, and you just took it! Now she might be sad that she didn't get a gift that was given to her!" She shook her head, and figured Ophelia might say something like... she is a princess, she can get whatever she wants, so she would hardly miss it. But, she still felt it was wrong. That wasn't to say she was about to go and turn Ophelia in. She liked Ophelia -- she just didn't like some of the things she did.

"It can make your imagination come true... Maybe you brought that ghost to us, Ophelia... You shouldn't mess with that tiara too much." She said this last part quietly.

"Huh? Come on, Kitsu, I'm disappointed in you. I can't believe I'm getting scolded from a girl who just tricked the captain of the guard into giving us money!" Ophelia didn't mind the scolding too much. The moral dilemma of her lifestyle allowed her to grow a thick skin to criticism. "But really. She's a princess. She gets all the good stuff and doesn't know the meaning of a hard days work. I assume. And besides, do you really think I'M the one that made the ghost a reality? What if it always lived there to begin with? And even if it were true, would you want an idealistic princess to govern what's real and what's not? Not me, that's for sure."

They continued along the path, reaching the foot of the mountain pass. From here on it would be an upward climb that would have been very tiring if it was on foot. "That reminds me, you ever think we'll run into that guy again? The one with... one less arm." She giggled at the thought. She had cut off that mage's hand.

"I hope not..." Kitsu said, with a heavy sigh. She decided not to argue anymore about the tiara, since she felt it would get her no where. The past was the past, and you couldn't change it. All she could do was look to the future.

After a bit, Kitsu heard something strange, as if the horse was galloping twice as fast. But their speed hadn't increased. She looked around, and eventually saw another horsemen behind them, catching up rather quickly.

"Halt! The Captain of the guard commands it!" the rider said, and soon it was quite apparent it was the same Captain Kitsu had tricked just earlier that day. She nearly shrunk into Ophelia.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Thief and the Fox (1x1 Closed RP)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus