Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Wrath is in the Stars (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Loren Topic Starter

Hey!:D

Well, I don't know. I mean, the setting in the roleplay kinda denominates that the only two species in the nearest galaxies that have fully achieved space-travel (which other species may have imported when they were affected by the cultural expansion of the humankind) are the said humans and the xenobiological abominations known as the Tchauri.

However, there are easy exceptions. Take Xeres, for example. Like Malcien, he's a war robot/non-totally organic lifeform, and is the remnant of a lost empire who awoke not a long time ago. Maybe after the Caldaris destroyed the capital and war had begun, the Council lost the war and decided to continue their species' existance through means of freezing the Khaylon?

I dunno, maybe the Ordoi could have evolved slightly backwards and become known as the Tchauri now. That'd be an interesting twist. Maybe the Almarri could be Xeres' creators?

(This is obviously up to you and Sketch, of course. But y'know...ideas and plotting >:) )

__

Oon the other hand, and since we also have moustache's characters, that rotate around the same mutated genetics idea, there's also the option of Malcien being "created" by humans to help fight against the Tchauri, but that would meddle with his backstory a lot, right?

Haha, sorry if I've missed something important, it's really late here in Europe XD
I dunno if I'd be cool with that. I was hoping to keep Xeres' creators a mystery(I do have a rough concept of them, for instance, Xeres is modeled after them, and thus shares similar anatomy with them).
Malcien (played by Elliebeing)

I'd have no problem with saying the Council lost the war - and I think freezing the Khaylon would be their most likely response in that event. That way it doesn't cause problems to any other species/storylines... Though a rough estimate for how long Malcien would be frozen would be useful. Perhaps he could even be discovered and reactivated by someone? Or even the Tchauri? That would be a plot twist especially if the Ordoi evolved backwards like you said - but I don't want to impose anything. :)

Really, so long as he can fit in with being reactivated, that sounds fine to me!

Edit-Though, if he is to be frozen and happens to be reactivated by someone, I think I'd prefer to say Mal has no clue as to the location of his ship. I saw a few pages back that characters may be starting spread out a bit, and while I like this idea, per my style it's usually easier if I have another character to jump right in with.
Loren Topic Starter

Oh, okay :) It's cool, I just thought it could be interesting if the two had heard of each other, being from a different time and so on. But y'know...*shrugs*

Ooh, that scenario with the Tchauri could be very interesting. I'm afraid they'd perform vivisection him, though, to see what all the fuss was about O.o. Or not. It depends on what he did. The thing is, though, we don't have anyone playing the Tchauri or in the Tchauri zones, so yeah ^^; If he was found by one of the other characters, it could also be awesome. I only currently have Typhe on, and he's boarding the League right now, but maybe someone else?

It's okay. By the way, I dunno. I think half a dozen of millenia could work?
I could have Xeres or Sarah come across malvern if you want.
Being caught by the Tchauri and vivisection would probably be undesirable for Mal, he actually works better with a healthy organic body than with the robotic skeleton alone. And a few millenia sounds good, like 5 or 6?

Sketch, I think having Xeres find him would be cool, or Saraxx if you prefer? Last but not least, I seem to have lost the link to the main thread... I'm assuming it is active?
Loren Topic Starter

Haha, we only really started this up yesterday XD We were kinda slowed down by a plotline that was abandoned once a member that was central to it kinda poofed. ^^; Anyway, I just invited you.

I'm more partial to six, actually. But sure :)
Got it, and six it is.

Sketch, if you want to set up an RP in the group, shoot me a PM - or if there are any additional details that need to be worked over. :)
Aight
Query (played by Kinia1the1Wolf)

(Sorry for the absence; school caught up with me.)

Welcome, Okkomuri. ^^
Loren wrote:
And also, with too many characters at the same area, dialogue can be a bit hard to coordinate ^^; (*glances surreptitiously at O.H.O.A.Evening's original many members)
Now that we've started, is there a specific order to posting that's needed?

Also…
Loren wrote:
Typhar'd start on Earth or one of the League's central orbiting stations/"space fortresses", as nicknamed by a few seargents. Joe could be in the midst of being, ah, recruited. Moustache's characters could also be on Earth or at the league. Sketch and Query and maybe the Orchid could be in one of the countries more affected by war? (I dunno about Sarrax, though. If I was stealing a spaceship, I wouldn't exactly head for the warzones and the spacial minefields :P
Do you have premeditated concepts (however vague) of the more war-torn countries, (like where, what, and how many), or are they up to the imagination? Are you referring to a planet, i.e. Earth's countries, or Earth's other dominated locations throughout space, or floating chunks of a dead star's debris under one jurisdiction in cohorts with humans like in Ryhphym (Query's home nebula), or all of the above, or ...?
(Sorry for the all questions. ^^;)
Loren Topic Starter

The second and third options. Earth hasn't been mainly afflicted by actual war yet, at least war relating to the Tchauri. By the wartorn locations I mean Earth's* dominated locations (their empires/colonies) and aliens under their jurisdiction, yeah.

*Well, by Earth, I can mean several countries respectively. The Courts dominate the human political system, each with several nationalities involved. It's a complicated matter. Some planets belong to, for example, Canada entirely, while others are jumbled up with various states belonging to various nationalities. The League's the junction of interests of all those Courts.
Loren Topic Starter

...guys? XD

[pokes the top of my last reply] Is there any specific order to posting you're wanting..? ^^;
Loren Topic Starter

Ach, sorry, I missed that. Not really, I mean, generally, the person who posts first in a thread will be the first of the post order and so on.
I've been waiting for responses in the first RP XD though I'm open to start up some mroe for those interested.
Loren Topic Starter

Haha, I'm waiting for more people to reply to that thread :) But sure, start others.
Loren Topic Starter

Sketch, do you want me to reply to your post? I mean, it seems the others aren't replying anytime soon, so...*shrugs*

I don't think Query would be headed to the League right away, but I feel he's somewhere among the conflicted colonies. Would it be alright to start a new thread? I'd like to gather a better grip on settings & minor character plot before I do, though. (I've also been thinking about bringing up a character I've been developing as a kind of foil for Query, and though they're not quite set in stone, they're more action driven in comparison to Query's almost passive seeking for someone to hire him before he has a purpose to make action. This other character would likely have a vendetta against the Tchauri, perhaps leading them to the League to pursue vengeance..? Just some thoughts at the moment.)

I'm also really sorry for the absence, irl things came up. :/
Loren Topic Starter

It's fine XD Sure, I'm cool with you starting a new thread, that's why it's a group, after all :D Is that character also a Naxhe, btw?

Close. ^^ It'll be one of the Theloeses, the Naxhe's "sister" race from Ryhphym. As they're much more peaceful and appraising in comparison to the Naxhe, it's ironic the character I'm developing is a social abnormality: they're energetic and driven, very antsy and nervous, more apt to leap head first into things. While Query has a short fuse, he avoids conflict when he can. This character, however, pefers "never to flee a battle", which usually stirs trouble through poor judgement, and they'll avenge wholeheartedly anyway they see fit. "Normal" Theloeses are very calm and thoughtful (as well as often deceitful to those not of their kind, excluding certain cases, such as the humans' generosity), and they like standing back to observe unless absolutely necessary to gain ground. And yet, this Theloeses prefers being in the midst of (almost) everything.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Wrath is in the Stars (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus