Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Wrath is in the Stars (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Query (played by Kinia1the1Wolf)

Mhm. Or all of the above—as you said, it might be best to have split groups and let them meet when it feels right. I feel it would fit the general setting better, since there are so many species, planets, nebulae, etc. and little things that could happen. It's space. Space is vast, lol. :) Although, it's probably wise to start with one (or two) to focus on at first, then ease into others. I think the League might be best to start with because information about all the other possibilities, such as Human Court problems or a Tchauri attack on a war fleet, could be discovered/discussed/sent to be dealt with from there.
Loren wrote:
Maybe it would pay off, storywise, for groups of characters to start in different locations, and let them meet up later on.
Makes sense to me. Realistically, I'd expect people to be willing/likely to form into small and/or shifting groups anyway.

And I'm sorry I'm a lazy butt. x.x
Loren wrote:
You know, we're not that few, even without Allyne and maybe Nova. Maybe it would pay off, storywise, for groups of characters to start in different locations, and let them meet up later on.

I second this motion.
Loren Topic Starter

:) Cool. And also, with too many characters at the same area, dialogue can be a bit hard to coordinate ^^; (*glances surreptitiously at O.H.O.A.Evening's original many members)

Hmm. Well, I don't know. Maybe we should start off our characters and wait for the plotlines to converge? I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I could make a post in a few hours. Typhar'd start on Earth or one of the League's central orbiting stations/"space fortresses", as nicknamed by a few seargents. Joe could be in the midst of being, ah, recruited. Moustache's characters could also be on Earth or at the league. Sketch and Query and maybe the Orchid could be in one of the countries more affected by war? (I dunno about Sarrax, though. If I was stealing a spaceship, I wouldn't exactly head for the warzones and the spacial minefields :P)

Just shooting ideas here :P
Well, I dunno if Grezz would be on Earth either XD Maybe we could just do our own separate rps for the time being until we have more of an idea for a central rp?
Query (played by Kinia1the1Wolf)

I feel letting plotlines naturally converge would be fine, since it would allow some ideas to bubble, but maybe a base concept would help? Or, well, something like a checkpoint, a goal to work different plots towards. That way we can separately build our way up to that meeting "point" and branch from there, if that makes sense.

Query can almost be about anywhere, so that's fine. He's probably just haphazardly scrounging around to get hired. That's his "motivation" to do anything. Depending on wherever he and the others may be, though, how do you think they'd eventually get involved in… whatever they might get involved in?
Well, Xeres is a Warmech. He'd start fighting just for the sake of fighting. Saraxx could simply just get caught up in the events, and Grezz could simply join in for the Depcys government.
Loren Topic Starter

Ooh, I'd definitively see Xeres and Query interact in a mercenary quest or somethin'. The Orchid could also possibly be present too, no? :P

The Depcys?

Anyway, if we went for a major starting plot location, I'd say the League's major space station. It has three more, one smaller and closer to Earth, specifically for the training of the novices, and two others orbiting from afar, made to harbor ships and soldiers and to guard the Solar System's planets and space trade.

Some could go there as envoys, mercenaries, scientists or recruits.
Yeah the depcys is the name of Grezz's species
Loren Topic Starter

Haha, sorry, forgot to check his profile again ^^;.
It's cool
Loren Topic Starter

Riight, so Allyne hasn't said anything yet. When I finally have time, I'll (finally XD) post the first post :)
Aight
Loren Topic Starter

Finally posted. But yeah, Inc's not a pleasant A.I and actually more important than he seems. >:)
Quick question, could Grezz have a ship built on his home planet with similar design to those sued in vehicles by his people, but still have clear human tech on it?
Loren Topic Starter

Yeah, I guess. As long as its technology was "imported" from humanity, with changes :)
Aright. Also, would Xeres be able to have his own unique non-human made ship considering eh was built by a now extinct ancient civilization?
Loren Topic Starter

Yep.
Aright, thanks
Malcien (played by Elliebeing)

If this is still taking in players, would Mal fit in? Not sure how stringent you'd like things, but I am willing to modify for the sake of the storyline

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Wrath is in the Stars (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus