Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Lost hope

Darkness Light Falls (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

He gets back onto all fours, growling coldly, ears pinned back. Few people would have dared to near him at this rate, most that did ended up being his lunch. But he didn't attack her. He stayed his ground, wings spread slightly. ''Grrarrarrrr.....'' He said, looking sadly at her. He ws straining his mind to keep control. His face was devoid of fur, instead flesh could be seen, shaped strangly like the skull of a wolf.
Genet de Drac (played anonymously)

Genet froze when dark growled at her, but she saw the look on his face and understood that he was still there. Still facing Dark she removed her scythe an leened it against the wall behind her. Taking a step towards him with her hand outstretched slightly. She had no doubt that he was probably struggleing to keep control but if she could only get close to him she might....
"Dark, I know your in there, l-let me try to help you"

He whines weakly, though it sounded more like a hiss. He steps to her outsretched hand, ears still pinned back, steps hard, claws clacking on the ground. ''Grarr.....'' He said, looking at her again. This straining..It was faltering. He really needed that wolf skull mask he had lost...Lest he lose control and end up killing sone by accident as he had done before. He couldn't let it happen again.

((Long post, I know it's a little Mary sue but it was the only thing I could come up with that would make sense))

She squated slightly to have his face level with hers, as she did so she slid her hand down to his cheek.

I've already defied Death's orders by letting him live, what's another broken rule going to do?

She slid her hand to the base of his neck meating it with the other in a hug.

"Please understand...
basium nex!"

At the sound of it's true name her scythe flew to her hand. After mumbleing a few words in some ancient, forgotten language she plundged the blade deep into Dark's back. But it drew no blood, left no wound, instead it seemed to alter the world around them. Birds flew past at an alarming rate, the trees once seeming motionless began to move faster and faster as if by some unearthly wind, and most importantly the moon moved across the sky to be replaced by the sun. At that instant Genet removed the scythe, the flesh beneath it unscarred. She stood up slowly and took a step back.

"That..."

She colapsed before she could utter another word. She was kneeling on the ground, holding onto her scythe with such a strong grip that her knuckled turned white as snow. Her breath was raspy and her heart beat as if to threaten to escape her chest. A trickle of blood escaped the corner of her mouth. All the while she shook as if an invisable cold had taken hold of her. She coughed, a spatter of blood appeared on the ground in front of her. The fact that she was still concious was a miracle.

She had just used a forbidden magic, able to speed up time the magic was powerful enough to kill an ordinary man after just 5 minutes. Death banned it long ago after a grim reaper used it to betray him. Genet had found an ancient spellbook full of advanced magic. It had been the first time she used it..... and possibly the last.

Dark yipped slightly, collapsing once he was back in his anthro dragon form. The angel halo re-appeared, a dull shade of grey. ''Hack...HOw..You ok..?''' He stammered.

She tried her best to look up at him and smile weakly.
"y-yeah"
SHe growned a bit in pain, her hand slipped slightly down the scythe.

''Are you sure your ok? I smelll blood...'' He said worringly. his fangs were once again dulled to be useless, a single red eye with a pink pupil looking at her. ''Did I attack you..?''

"n-no I, use, magic, strong, can't...."
She slipped the rest of the way down her scythe. Landing on the ground beneath she slipped out of consciousness. Her scythe fell uselessly to the ground. She was alive but she needed to rest a few minutes before she will be able to regain consciousness.

Seeing that she has fell and was unconscious, he sighed heavily. He changes to his Cerberus form, and lies close to her. Only identifiable by his main head, missing its left eye, fangs almost unseen. Rusted chains hung to his furred paws, these forever theredue to him having escaped near death once. A weird symbol was etched into the base, for those around his necks.

[which if you read his profile, he is a Ceberus at heart.]

A few minutes passed, during which she woul still show the same signes of fatigue and ingury, but soon even her shivering subsided. she mummbled inaudably a bit as she slept for the reamaining minute.

Making herself wakeup Genet opened her eyes. THough slowly and laborously she eventually got herself to sit and lean against her companion. She was dizzy and her vision was blurred but she could still recognize Dark.

"Changed again I see"

Here voice was raspy and labored but she smiled none-the-less

He sigh a bit. ''I didn't 'change'.....This is what I truly am. You know how humans like to find those few scattered hellhounds that find theor way to earth just as much as they would pay to see a dragon served with the richest spices.''HE spoke with his main head, the jaw moving a bit weakly. '' And yes, I am aware I'm ridiclousy fluffy...''

Still a bit weak she lifted her arm and softly hugged a chunk of his fur and laughed a bit.
"Oh so fluffy."
She smiled
"So this is your real form huh?"

He nods a bit. ''I barely escaped death in it too. I use my dark powwers to form disquises. But my Werepre form isn't a disquise. I already know those who've seen it and ran away in fright. Everythings scared of me, but that should be an easy standard to set. After all, when your born between the border of heaven and hell, trying to be evil comes at a price when you have an angel side too. Humans dare to hunt you, and hide their deepest secrets.''

She twisted her upper body with an inaudible groan in order to hug him again with both arms.
"I didn't run, and whatever path you choose I will still be your friend, besides there is nothing you can do to scare me away!"

He chuckles nervoulsly again. ''In all honesty you have no reason to fear me. You could easily kill me if you wanted to, you know. We still need to go to that locartion n that map and see what secrets it holds.''

[going to bed. night]

((ok night ^^))
She chuckled herself
"yeah give me a moment and I'll set up another teleportation scroll if you think your up to it"

He nods. ''I'm ready now.'' He replied, shains on neck moving as he spoke. His claws were worn down from use from walking, his other two heads remained ever so silent, watching Genet cautiously.

She slowly got up, using Dark for support, and began to shift through her bag again. Placing it on the ground as she had before. Taking out the vial of Dire wolf blood (it was enchanted to be odorless) She hesitated and looked back towards Dark.
"Ready?"

Dark shifts back to his anthro dragon form, and nods, wings still folded over him. ''Ready when you are.'' He remarked, looking at her with a glimmer of hope.

"All right"
She dripped the blood and stepped back from the infernal walls. replaceing the vial in her bag she walked over to dark and placed her hand lightly on his shoulder.
"do you want to go or should I go first?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Lost hope

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus