Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Inspiration Needed, Please Help

In the past few months, I had to endure a very large and very, very sudden life change. It's a long story and this isn't the place for that silly story but! Because of this life change, I kind of lost my will to RP and do art that isn't pony related (COUGH >_>).

The problem is, I love RPing and doing art.

So I'm looking for inspiration! That is, inspiration in the form of interesting character designs and concept that can inspire creativity flow. In return, I'll do some sketches. Not every post will be replied to with a sketch, obviously. I might not see the light of day again if I tried to do that. But for those who have characters that I think look really awesomely fun to draw, I might be able to craft a little something. Traditional, digital, who knows~
Minerva

im on my phone, sry for bad writing. Maybe some of my charas. Im almost entirely about eccentric design, luci being foremost. Ill say more tomorrow when i get on butfor now just browse my list and see if anything catches ur eye. Maximus also has an idea.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Sorry to hear that life changes are taking time away from your desire to RP and be artistic.

Lord Darth Angelus is my oldest and best developed character but you're more than welcome to sketch any of mine that catch your eye.

I hope we can get you back into the spirit of roleplay :)
I have a bunch of neat characters you could take a look at :)

I think my quirkiest character has got to be Iris though. XD
Sorry to hear that, and it's understandable (i know the feeling how life can make you lose the desire to rp, kinda dealing with that now -_-')

Have a looksee at my characters :) I'd have to say the most interesting would be either Bliss or Sybil(billy)

Hopefully you find your muse for rp and artsy stuff :)
Sorry to hear about that :( Slumps really suck.

May I offer my characters? Rin and Dzevahira would be fun to draw; they're complicated. But Arlo is fun and so ir Ryuu (because she can be any form :P)

I hope my characters can help some :( I'd even be glad to give you a sketch back!
Seems a lot of people are falling into that boat. I mean even me. I'm feeling a small case of RPers block. So I'm simply dodging it by working on my characters some more. Namely rearranging stuff so it all looks more organized. But yeah. As basically everyone said, just give my characters list a browsing and whatever catches your eye, go for it. I may even have one here in the near future for ya to take a whirl at.
OH no! I simply couldn't imagint that! Without inspireation my life would be meaningless! I couldn't imagine what it must be like for you! I shall burn inscents in your honor and pray for the fast return of your muse!!! T.T

Most of my characters may be simple but ANYTHING to help a roleplayer in need! PLease Browse and draw at your leisure! (my suggestion is Genet)
I know how that is @_@

But If you want to draw, feel free to sketch my Raine. (Shes the only one with enough information on her site, I'm too lazy to go into detail with my other OC's)

good luck on your voyage!
Ive got a rather large arsenal of characters.. as far as more unusual.. Maybe take a look at Tobian? Ive recently started playing him again.
Feel free to take a look through the characters I have! Maybe find one that could help with teh inspiration. I often find that it hits me hard when I need it the most! I hope you get yours back! It's a pain to lose it!
You mentioned "FREE art" >.> you're going to be bombed with replies there :P I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time getting inspired from what I'm seeing.. >.> you have quite a few takers there! I guess the only thing one can do is to just look around to everyone, and see about talking and working with them. From what I have seen everyone here on this site is interesting and friendly. I'm sure you'll have NO problem finding amusing characters to work with!
SeraphicStar

I was about to suggest you trying to draw Fox's Dzev if she didn't mind, but she kind of got here first. Oh well <.<
SeraphicStar wrote:
I was about to suggest you trying to draw Fox's Dzev if she didn't mind, but she kind of got here first. Oh well <.<

This is why you're an awesome person. And I love you. :P

And here's a nod back: Tasha, Sera's Tyval was fun to draw and he has a plate squirrel!
Dragonfire Moderator

Dommot, Roon! I feel yer, though - my year-of-no-RP started sometime between the time I moved in with my fiance and we got married. : Life changes just throw wrenches all over the place!
I'm happy to provide my characters as inspiration for you! :) Reggie is my newest character and as such lacks any art unique to her.

What kind of RP are you into normally?
Minerva

Now that I can actually type, i wanted to say--I totally get RL crushing RP. A few users like Loki and Rubix on this forum can testify that I just can't do what I used to do.

So, I feel ya' there. Later tonight my husband, Maximus on this forum, is gonna post up a description for a character that isn't in his profile here yet, but has been very under-represented art-wise. If you like it, enjoy. He just has to wait until I'm done with work, lol.

And as said, if any of mine catch your eye, go for it. Then again, you have like, a billion people offering the same thing.
Minerva

Maximus offers this, if you want to of course:

Axis Devahn

Axis is a very unique man, caught in an endless cycle of reincarnation. In his first life he became heir to a spiritual resonance which allowed him to live to the age of one thousand. Upon that important birthday, if he did not have an understudy to pass the resonance to (Or if he was killed with the lack of an understudy) his spirit would reincarnate within the husk of a newborn baby. In some lives he was unaware of his true identity, living as completely different people. In others he would awaken to his true self and begin to take on his original characteristics.

The ages of awakening varied, depending on personal circumstances and exposure to the world. Sometimes dreams would give hints, other times it could be as simple as a confrontation sparking the hidden powers within.

No matter what life he leads, he always has an odd quirk about his hair. After setting a personal goal he will not cut it until that goal is met. Upon reaching that goal his hair returns to a short crop only to have another goal set and begin the same cycle. He is fond of earthen tones and a variety of greens when it comes to wardrobe. He has a love for belt buckles, boots, and gloves as well.

Currently he looks to be in his mid to late forties. His face is a bit weather worn, with faded hazel eyes. His height is about average, but that can be deceptive as he favors his left leg with a bit of a limp.

When pushed to extreme physical limits he has the capability to transform. His transformation comes in a few stages, requiring a lot of focus, energy, and inflicting a lot of pain. It also takes a good degree desperation and sacrifice of his morals. As the transformation progresses he loses more and more of what he stands for, becoming the sort of beast he so loathes in the prosess.

The first stage is the most coherent of the three he has reached, joints cracking and loosening for added flexibility as well as bones lengthening and thickening just slightly. His jawline becomes more pronnounced and his eyes gain a little fire (figuratively) behind them.

During the second stage his musculature expands exponentially and under the weight his joints sink back into proper placement, negating the adeed flexibility, hindering mobility, yet drastically increasing his strength as well as his chaotic pressence of spiritual energy. His skin blackens, and spires of flesh rip out of his skin with no rhyme or reason. Whatever beautyhis face may have held before this point is ultimately lost. While in this state, he is at his most feral and reasoning is not an option unless you hold some established contract of control over him.

The third stage, and last as far as he has achieved, takes the large mass of muscles and tightens them in while resculpting the mass to make him stand taller and leaner. His hair hardens over and sculpts to his scalp and neck, forming a dense plate of armor as his face further contorts to a demonic visual. The chaotic spires which erupted from the back and his shoulers weave together to expand out into very large and flexible wings. In this stage he is not capable of flight from the wings, but uses them as apendages instead. Some of his reasoning skills return, but compassion is nearly void. While he won't be chaotic enough to just attack anything that moves, there really isn't much he wouldn't do to achieve his objective, even if it meant it would cost what he holds dearest.

There is another stage which looms in his nightmares. One he cannot define beyond the madness it has incurred, waking him in a cold sweat.
Tasha Topic Starter

Thank you all for the replies! You guys are the best.

I have a pile of half-finished doodles I plan on finished (to whatever degree my brain allows) them in the coming week.

Merry Christmas!
Glad we could help :D Good luck!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Inspiration Needed, Please Help

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus