Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » The Movie Quote Game

Lol keep trying. I feel bad because I couldnt guess one yet Lol but here's another you might be able to get.

"As I told Lady Freeze when I pulled her plug, this is a one woman's show."
Novatrix wrote:
Lol keep trying. I feel bad because I couldnt guess one yet Lol but here's another you might be able to get.

Yeah, me too. Lol. Good thing the rules allow us to still put a quote if the guess is wrong. Lol
Quote:

"As I told Lady Freeze when I pulled her plug, this is a one woman's show."

Hmmm. I want to say one of the Batman movies? I'm not sure which one.

"I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone."

(I know someone on here can definitely get this one)
Rogue-Scribe

Abigail_Austin wrote:

"Do or do not. There is no try."

It’s in one of the star wars movies. Answer to my last quote is Cross of Iron where I got my Steiner character inspiration from.

“She tried to sit on my lap while I was standing up.”
Dunedain-Ranger wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:

"Do or do not. There is no try."

Gods in one of the star wars movies. Answer to my last quote is Cross of Iron where I got my Steiner character inspiration from.

“She tried to sit on my lap while I was standing up.”

Ah. And yes, correct, mine was said by Yoda.
Rogue-Scribe

Quote:
”She tried to sit on my lap while I was standing up.”

Anyone??? How about...

”I think now, looking back, we did not fight the enemy, we fought ourselves. The enemy was in us. The war is over for me now, but it will always be there, the rest of my days. As I'm sure Elias will be, fighting with Barnes for what Rhah called "possession of my soul."
Rogue-Scribe wrote:
Quote:

Anyone??? How about...

“I think now, looking back, we did not fight the enemy, we fought ourselves. The enemy was in us. The war is over for me now, but it will always be there, the rest of my days. As I'm sure Elias will be, fighting with Barnes for what Rhah called "possession of my soul."

Platoon!

“If I asked you about art, you’d probably give me the skinny on about every art book ever written.
Michelangelo. You know a lot about him. Life’s work. Political aspirations. Him and the Pope. Sexual orientation. The whole works, right?
But I bet you can’t tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel.
You’ve never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling.
Seen that.
If I ask you about women, you’d probably give me a syllabus of your personal favorites.
You may have even been laid a few times.
But you can’t tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman and feel truly happy.”
CatalinaRose wrote:
Rogue-Scribe wrote:
Quote:

Anyone??? How about...

“I think now, looking back, we did not fight the enemy, we fought ourselves. The enemy was in us. The war is over for me now, but it will always be there, the rest of my days. As I'm sure Elias will be, fighting with Barnes for what Rhah called "possession of my soul."

Platoon!

“If I asked you about art, you’d probably give me the skinny on about every art book ever written.
Michelangelo. You know a lot about him. Life’s work. Political aspirations. Him and the Pope. Sexual orientation. The whole works, right?
Seen that.
If I ask you about women, you’d probably give me a syllabus of your personal favorites.
But you can’t tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman and feel truly happy.”

Good Will Hunting

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
Eros_Calls wrote:
CatalinaRose wrote:
Rogue-Scribe wrote:
Quote:

Anyone??? How about...

Platoon!

Seen that.

Good Will Hunting

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

I believe this is Blade Runner!

”All right, Mr. DeMille. I’m ready for my close-up.”

Norma Desmond played by Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

mqdefault.jpg
"Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?"
Eros_Calls wrote:

Norma Desmond played by Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

mqdefault.jpg
"Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?"

It's a Wonderful Life. I watch it every Christmas

"Freeze! PDNY!"
Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse?
TheCaffeineQueen wrote:
Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse?
You got it. Idk, that line is on loop in my brain whenever I see cops no matter where I am lol
“There’s no crying in baseball!”
A League of Their Own

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
Very much pulp fiction though I imagine not the only movie.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!"
LMFO! I know it! But I am going to give someone else a chance.
Clerks I believe?

"Perfection is not just about control. It is also about letting go."
Black Swan!

“The next words out of your mouth better be "guilty" or "not guilty." I don't want to hear commentary, argument, or opinion. I don't want to hear any facts or evidence. If I hear anything other than "guilty" or "not guilty", you'll be in contempt.”
My Cousin Vinny, Great film.

Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. I say, fall head over heels. Find someone you can love like crazy and who will love you the same way back. How do you find him? Well, you forget your head, and you listen to your heart. And I'm not hearing any heart. Cause the truth is, honey, there's no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love, well, you haven't lived a life at all. But you have to try, cause if you haven't tried, you haven't lived.
Eric Vilulf (played by Eros_Calls)

Meet Joe Black - Sir Anthony Hopkins.
----‐
"This is my play's last scene Here --
Heavens appoint my pilgrimage's last mile
And my race Idly, yet quickly run
Hath this last pace
My span's last inch
My minute's last point
And gluttonous death Will instantly unjoint my body and soul"
John Donne --

"I've always particularly liked that poem. In the abstract. Now I find the image of my minute's last point, a little too, shall we say -- pointed. I don't mean to complain but I am becoming very sick. Very sick. Ultimately sick, as it were. In everything I have done, I have been steadfast. Resolute. Some would say in the extreme. Now, as you can see, I am distinguishing myself in illness. I have survived eight treatments of Hexamethophosphacil and Vinplatin at the full dose, ladies and gentlemen. I have broken the record. I have become something of a celebrity. Kelekian and Jason are simply delighted. I think, they see celebrity status for themselves upon the appearance of the journal article, they will no doubt write about me. But I flatter myself. The article will not be about me, it will be about my ovaries. It will, be about my peritoneal cavity. Which, despite their best intentions, is now crawling with cancer. What we have come to think of as me is, in fact, just the specimen jar. Just the dust jacket. Just the white piece of paper -- that bears the little black marks -- My next line is supposed to be something like this: "It is such a relief to get back to my room after those infernal tests." This is hardly true. It would be a relief to be a cheerleader on her way to Daytona Beach for spring break. To get back to my room after those infernal tests is just the next thing that happens."

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » The Movie Quote Game

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus