Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » A New Years Gift! Pancake Madness!

Alright guys, this was originally started as a joke, but me being me, it is now... Super. [radio edit]. Cereal. In the Just Talkin' thread, I mentioned that I was a bit too tired to go out and do anything for New Years, so I would make pancakes:

plico-1251-1325352979.png: I am making pancakes for new years, and my brain is telling me to spell out 'rpr' in the batter.

plico-9-1318890959.jpg: Do it!

plico-1251-1325352979.png: ALRIGHTY THEN.

plico-574-1320400866.png: FUS RO DAH! (Yes, this actually happened.)

So yeah, I am SERIOUSLY making pancakes in the shape of names. Specifically, your name. I will begin whenever I wake up tomorrow, January 1st. I am going to stop either whenever I run out of batter or whenever I feel like stopping. It will probably be the later since I know how to make pancakes from scratch and I just discovered some Bisquick in my pantry - to those of you who don't know what Bisquick is, it's a pre-made mix of all the dry ingredients in biscuits, but many people also use them for waffles and pancakes.

(To clarify, a piece of paper with your username, my username, and the time will be in a photo of each pancake, then posted on the forum in this topic. EVERY pancake will therein be unique!)

If the list gets unruly, I'll split it into a dual-morning-madness-breakfast-event. If you want in, you must do the following:

The aspiring candidate must leave Bonebag a wry or witty comment. If the comment is humorous enough, your name will be entered into the PANCAKE MADNESS event. If one is unable to think up a proper witty comment, it is also accept to use any of the following and variants thereof: "Me! I would like a pancake, please!" "I would LOVE to have a pancake!" "Oh, yes... I would... If that's alright, of course... /endfluttershy" "[radio edit] YES, LAY IT ON MEH." "FUS RO PANCAKE." "In their tongue, he is Griddleborn... Pancakekin."

No purchase nessicary, void in Alaska, Puerto Rico, and Siberia. Dragons (except Copper_Dragon) not applicable because, well, [radio edit] those guys. Especially Alduin.

Here is my list so far:
  • Kim
  • Darth
  • Sanne
  • Sanne's Cats - Dette and Minke
  • Bonebag + my actual first name
  • Andryn
  • Cynn
  • CelestinaGrey

NEW CHALLENGERS APPEAR!:
  • Lance2011
  • Heimdall
  • Copper_Dragon
  • Megaman Juno
  • Earendill *Brohoof.*
  • Nikina
This dragon-wannabe requires pancakes for her and her friend Heimdall.

If you don't make some, we're taking you hostage and making you the butler/guinea pig in our mead hall/labyrinth combination.
Bonebag Topic Starter

Copper, may I abbreviate your name somehow? It's a bit long, even for my giant-[radio edit] griddle.

Added to the List:
  • Copper_Dragon
  • Heimdall
SeraphicStar

I hereby choose to exercise my right to obtain one unit of 'pancake'.
Bonebag Topic Starter

Megaman Juno, added to the list. I'm tempted to ask Kim to make this an announcement, but that might be a bit 'pushy'.
Bonebag wrote:
Copper, may I abbreviate your name somehow? It's a bit long, even for my giant-[radio edit] griddle.

Added to the List:
  • Copper_Dragon
  • Heimdall

BUT OF COURSE, WEE MORTAL PANCAKE MAKER.

You may shorten it as follows:
Copper
Oh my, I have aways dreamed of having my name spelled out in pancakes!

[insert witty pancake-pun here]
I'm already on this list? o-o

D'aw, I love you too, Bones! <3

I feel like mine should have chocolate chips in it. There is nothing better than chocolate chip pancakes.
You have NO idea how much I cracked up about this..... >.> Considering A friend and I have.. uhh... a different meaning of that word that just.. ..... I can never look at that word without cracking up anymore.... >.< :D
I can't even think of pancakes anymore! I just had X-wing, tie fighter and millenium falcon shaped one and I am STUFFED.
Sanne Moderator

YAAAAY IT'S PANCAKES!! :D
Bonebag Topic Starter

Alright, I thought I'd be courteous and give ya'll an update. I woke up about noon my time (American Central Standard, gmt-7 I think) and will be delaying this a day to get the needed supplies for batter and my grandparents digital camera. In addition, I wanted to give this topic some more room to grow since it hasn't even been up for a full 24 hours yet and 2012 has only just begun.

Happy New Years to you all as well ;D.

Added Earendill to the list.
EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME I'M ON A LIST *jams*
CelestinaGrey wrote:
I'm already on this list? o-o

D'aw, I love you too, Bones! <3

I feel like mine should have chocolate chips in it. There is nothing better than chocolate chip pancakes.

THERE IS NOTHING MORE AWESOME THAN CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES!!

and pancakes are honestly one of my fave foods ^^ I learned to make em from scratch when I was like 8. LOL I used to make em the morning after sleepovers (when I was young) and then when I was living with my ex girlfriend mornings after we were out on the town.

Pancakes ALWAYS = Epic
Bonebag Topic Starter

There will be no chocolate in these pancakes, as I am sadly allergic.

Nikina added to the list.
Kim Site Admin

Oh no! Chocolate allergy! How awful. :(

This topic makes me extremely hungry every time I look at it. XD
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Kim wrote:
This topic makes me extremely hungry every time I look at it. XD

Me too! And I only just sat down. I guess I'll be making a trip to the kitchen shortly...
Bonebag wrote:

Nikina added to the list.

*facepalms* I should have remember that. It came up when I was making cookies.
Bonebag wrote:

This is the saddest thing in the whole world.

BUT do not despair! I will eat plenty of chocolate for you 8D
poor poor bone. Chocolate is tasty and you can't have it. Can I have anny someonne gives you?!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » A New Years Gift! Pancake Madness!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus