Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Your character in the next RPR movie? (Closed)

GRIMDAD (played by Taco)

I HONESTLY

DO NOT UNDERSTAND

WHY

I WAS NOT INFORMED

I MUST BE IN THIS, YOU FILTHY NARCISSISTS SELF PROMOTING WITH A MILLION CHARACTERS MEAN NOTHING NEXT TO THE COMBINED MIGHT OF GRIMDAD, GRIMDAD, AND ALSO GRIMDAD. YOU UNDERSTAND?! I MUST BE IN THIS.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Hey whoa calm it down there.
But yeah, I'd totally be game for GRIMDAD to be in the next RPR movie. You can't deny that he'd be a comedy magnet. Or at least an excuse to be a ridiculous VA.
Hmmm this is hard. I feel like Draeval would be the best one to toss up but I dunno so I'm going to list a few for you to consider.

First up Draeval, as a wolf he's kind of sickenly skinny and ridiculously fuzzy. Big jackal ears and a long snout with paws that literally are about as big as large saucers. As a human however he's completely different. his hair is always dark usually brownish-black and generally fuzzy with stick'em ups here and there. While he normally wears casual clothes he does like his suits every once in a while, usually there is something orange on somewhere whether it's is ipod, a jacket, etc. He has some art but I can give a more complete description if you need one.

Drae is probably my most currently developed character on here behind Viral who I think could be pretty awesome she just hasn't been really used on RPR. She's a mutant/augment however you want to say it and her backstory is much more developed than it appears on her profile I have to add some things. Her appearance is that of a subtly pretty middle aged middle eastern woman. She has long curly black hair and rich brown eyes, her skin is the color of caramel. Currently she's acting as a psychologist so her clothing is very professional, however what is mostly unknown is that she always carries a side arm and at least one knife somewhere on her body. She's a former assassin that still picks up a few hits here and there.
This sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I cannot wait to see it when it is finished. I look forward to it's future debut on youtube.
Minerva wrote:
Also, Angelus, have you ever thought of learning to use Blender? They have some amazing capabilities. I've seen near-Dreamworks quality renditions, albeit short films, from a free program.

The problem is, Blender is so freakin' hard to learn! Have you seen the interface for it? It's like looking at the database for the Pentagon! And there are so few instructional texts that actually help, you know, at ALL.
Glacontour

On the topic of Blender, I'm sure there are Blender users who would be more than happy to lend you a few pointers. C: I'm no animation major, but I do know many people are willing to share their knowledge.
SeraphicStar

Darth is doing a great job with whatever he's using now - I don't see why he'd want to change to something else :D
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Thanks Seraphic :)
Maybe I should colour Roll and Initiative (and maybe give them a page?) so that they can sorta sneak in in the background :P

D'aaaaaw Roll and initiative. <3
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I think you definitely need to submit those two :)
Will do when I get time :D
Gen-Rah (played anonymously)

http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=97&page=166

Child-sized Holy Warrior Don Quixote would like to fight the evil in your internet videos, please and thank you.
Minerva

Oh, I meant no offense in suggesting Blender, I just saw him mention the limitations of the capabilities and so on and he strikes me as the type knowledgeable enough to make great use of Blender. He's already spectacular on current mediums, it'd be interesting to see what would happen with restraints lifted.

I personally didn't read any offense in it, Minerva. :)

Although I've been thinking, the thing about Blender is that those short little movies that are so gorgeous take mooooonths to do -- and not uncommonly YEARS to do. Although Moviestorm has restraints, it allows Darth to produce work pretty rapidly by comparison. As insanely awesome as it would be to have him build models from scratch for every character suggested here, I think my brain would melt over the debt of work I would owe him. XD

That said, I know he's made it a goal of his to learn to make more complex custom models and animations this year, so perhaps some of those restraints will indeed be lifting over time! I too cannot waaait to see what he does with that. :D
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I was just about to reply but Kim beat me to it. :)

Don't worry Minerva, I wasn't offended at all! Actually it's quite the compliment to want to see what I can do with even more powerful software, so thankyou :)

Kim is correct about the speed of which Moviestorm allows me to produce these videos though. With the exception of the most recent Boss Fight, which took a bit longer, every video I've made for RPR has taken less than three weeks. That includes creating characters, animating them, rendering, editing and tweaking until satisfied with the end results. That last part is usually the longest step :)

I don't think I could run a contest like this with Blender. I might get more flexibility with how many characters I can create but I think we wouldn't see the results until the third or fourth anniversary. Perhaps someday :)

Oh and not having Kim's brain melt is also a good reason :)

darth_angelus wrote:
editing and tweaking until satisfied with the end results. That last part is usually the longest step :)

My shouting and gesticulating excitedly has never helped speed this part up.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Kim wrote:
My shouting and gesticulating excitedly has never helped speed this part up.

No, but they do help make the videos reach perfection ;)
UUURG WHY DIDN'T I SEE THIS, EARLIER? <3

RIKOKI or JUNAS? ~

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Your character in the next RPR movie? (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus