Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Your character in the next RPR movie? (Closed)

Wow, this is just amazing! o.o I marvel at your handwork, Darth :p

I have a couple of characters you may be interested in!

Aditi

http://www.rprepository.com/c/aditi

Examples:
Aditi2.png
aditi_by_talezya-d3kuhdc.png
(Colours on the left)

I think someone needs to nominate Edward incase Wizard does not see this thread in time. :3
SeraphicStar

CelestinaGrey wrote:
I think someone needs to nominate Edward incase Wizard does not see this thread in time. :3

Definitely. I would also like to suggest the one and only Taunter the Haunter. And West.
SeraphicStar wrote:
And West.

West has been suggested already x3
SeraphicStar

CelestinaGrey wrote:
SeraphicStar wrote:
And West.

West has been suggested already x3

I know. I am re-suggesting him. Shush now.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Ed definitely needs to make a cameo. 8) Taunter might be too hard, considering that he's a Pokemon... I'll poke Lauren about this thread when I next see her!
SeraphicStar

Heimdall wrote:
Ed definitely needs to make a cameo. 8) Taunter might be too hard, considering that he's a Pokemon... I'll poke Lauren about this thread when I next see her!

I asked Darth about the feasibility of a Taunter and he said it wouldn't be too hard. So yay! :D
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I'll PM wizard to let him know about the contest. Please only submit your own characters though, you never know if the other person actually wants theirs to be in the video. However, if you would like to see someone else's character in this, point them to the thread :)

If you're not sure your character is possible, follow Seraphic's example and ask, I'll happily look at any character and let you know :)
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

SeraphicStar wrote:
Heimdall wrote:

I asked Darth about the feasibility of a Taunter and he said it wouldn't be too hard. So yay! :D

Unfortunately, Taunter is a pokemon, which means he's copyrighted and probably a poor candidate even if he can be built. >.>
Minerva

Oh, this is awesome. Maximus wants to volunteer to help with music/SFX, like he volunteered in the past.

The character he wants to put forward is Spotunk. I think he has his profile in his user account.

I'm torn between a two, so I offer a variety.

First of all, there's Zenthus. He was always my token to include in this kind of thing, he was my avatar on the Slayers Challenge events and poster, so that'd fit well. Since you mentioned a written script, Zenthus is... well, he's somewhere between antagonist and contagonist. More than once he's worked with "good guys". Sometimes he's using them as pawns, sometimes he's actually helping them because his desires coincidentally parallel their own. He wants universal destruction, not chaos. If those pics aren't enough I seriously have a few hundred more. o.o; So... plenty of references. If Derek uses Spotunk, it's worth nothing that Spotunk became one of Zenthus' servants. If Loki ends up using say, Gabriel, they work together well when Zenthus isn't trying to destroy the world at the moment. Zenthus could be a horrible nightmare to animate, or could be simple and peachy, depending; the rules are medeival or ren-faire attires, always primarily blue, with only white, black and occasionally gold or silver (trimming or buttons only). Actually... think Safiye's scheme. Pretty close. His closet is enormous so you could throw him into whatever you feel comfortable animating him in.

Beyond Zenthus, there's Rumea. If Zenthus was Szurane's posterboy, Rumea's it's poster girl. Once a hot headed firey leader of a youth, she got a bit callous. Still not above kicking someone in the nuts on an impulse, but more prone to being a loner in later development. Pick an era of Rumea that you like: When she was young, brash, and would readily run headstrong into stopping some sort of scheme she thought she had power to, or the elder, veteran Rumea with a chip on her shoulder. She gets... golder as she gets older. From red to blonde with time. Sadly most of the people she fought for stuff with don't go to RPR, save for Gabriel. She could be fairly easy, since if you throw a hood and thief mask over her head all you have to worry about is the tail, and making sure her attire stays white/gold. Red if you bother to inset the stones on shoulders and gauntlets, since stylistically it actually is important, but I understand if it's complicated.

And finally, either Wehfre or Auroch, since there are several wolf players from their pack here. If Bella and Draeval end up as submissions, I'd say to pick either of those. Forms a chunk of the pack together.

Also, Angelus, have you ever thought of learning to use Blender? They have some amazing capabilities. I've seen near-Dreamworks quality renditions, albeit short films, from a free program.
I might have to get in on this action. It sounds RALLY fun.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

I just about shot milk out my nose when I read "magic dps"

It's true, every adventuring party needs one.
darth_angelus wrote:
Nikina, it doesn't matter what setting characters are from with this video. I've tested out a mix of scifi, fantasy and modern all together and it looks great :)

:D well then that makes things easier. :D then I'd like to uh change the characters I suggested :D to Blissy my main. or Raiden my tremere
*Squeeeeee!*

Definitely giving you a few of my characters I might want in this!

Amnestria's Profile
Andromeda's Profile
Parisa's Profile
Senta Morder's Profile

*Flails* Omg, if you need anything else from me, let me know!!!!
I had already stated elsewhere there'd be no Pokemon submissions from me anyway due to copyright issues.

I guess if I must, I'd like to submit Njördálfr.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Kim wrote:
Unfortunately, Taunter is a pokemon, which means he's copyrighted and probably a poor candidate even if he can be built. >.>

That is actually a good point. While Taunter wouldn't be difficult, it's probably not such a good idea to include him or any copyrighted character. Sorry :(
Minerva wrote:
Also, Angelus, have you ever thought of learning to use Blender? They have some amazing capabilities. I've seen near-Dreamworks quality renditions, albeit short films, from a free program.

I may eventually move to Blender but the great thing about this software is it's so fast. I can render footage out in the time it takes to watch it :)
Dude that would be awesome!!

ill give one or two characters to maybe consider :p

http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=8030
This is Reggie! He is the loving Owl bear sent by the gods to protect the Righteous! Wings normally tucked in, Sharp raptor like beak, and a British accent. Whats not to love?

http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=8049
This is Glen The tree dragon, He is a wise dragon of peace. Normally found slumbering in a thick forest awakened by lost heroes he speaks in puzzles and leads them on the right path.

http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=8589
Abar The Tibetan mastiff, He is a large family pet. no special powers other than the fact that he is a large muscular dog trained to attack on command.

http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=8275
The tall lanky Troll Alarion. Known far and wide throughout the lands as a pervert and plainly a joker if you ever did see one. He has a heavy Jamaican accent, Uses a bow & arrow, and his two tragic flaws are he is kinda slow. And he sometimes has trouble distinguishing gender when it comes to humans.

I lied i gave four to possibly look over :p Anyways even if i have no part in it it will still be badass to watch it.
Warwick wrote:
Anyways even if i have no part in it it will still be badass to watch it.

agreed
nikina wrote:
Warwick wrote:
Anyways even if i have no part in it it will still be badass to watch it.

agreed

I Concur
This is so cool!! I have two just in case one of them doesn't fit in or work out.

First is Gabriel http://www.rprepository.com/c/gabriel He's got a lot of artwork for him on his page :) he's typically quiet but pure hearted paladin/magic user.

The second character is Bella, alpha of the Wilds wolf pack http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=7332 she doesn't like humans and has a bit of an attitude. Her primary magic is holy and air, but she can use all elements. Her artwork is also on her page :D

This is a really awesome thing you're doing Darth, can't wait to see the final project! :)

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Your character in the next RPR movie? (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus