Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Your character in the next RPR movie? (Closed)

Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Dragonfire wrote:
Just because I'm in a half-trolly mood and want to test your limits on 'completely impossible', Darth, I give you Serenne, a violently purple gryphonic valkyrie warrior. :3

Oh man, some of these characters really are going to be a strain. I don't even know that Serenne is the craziest yet! I bet he could do that beak, but I have no idea about the wings.
Dragonfire Moderator

Gryphons have got to be one of the worst sorts of characters out there for rendering, I imagine. Feathers and fur! There's got to be a reason we've not seen one in a charming animated film yet - How to Tame Your Gryphon? - I figure. :P

Dragonfire wrote:
Gryphons have got to be one of the worst sorts of characters out there for rendering, I imagine. Feathers and fur! There's got to be a reason we've not seen one in a charming animated film yet - How to Tame Your Gryphon? - I figure. :P

Haaa. :D
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Dragonfire wrote:
Just because I'm in a half-trolly mood and want to test your limits on 'completely impossible', Darth

I looked at your characters and I'm still waiting for 'completely impossible' ;)
People suggested me here before I even knew this thread existed! How kind!

Well, here's Edward, my clockmaker Time wizard. I was going to do a turn-around sheet so the nuances of his obnoxious-ery so far as character design goes would be revealed, but I never did get around to that.

So, let me see... Edward is a quirky fellow in terms of mannerism--very expressive, very emotive, and always doing something with his hands, usually fidgeting or twiddling his thumbs. He can be anything from very quiet and timid to babbling endlessly about something nobody else in the room cares about. His default air is nervous--he does a lot of sideways glances, awkward smiles and silly, absent-minded things, like tripping on stairs (or tiny animals/small children) and misunderstanding things people say. If you just want him standing around somewhere in a background scene, he's often content to loiter around with his pipe or his face in a book. Or sometimes even on a book, depending on the hour.

One thing I'd like to stress is that he has a big, pointy nose. A really big nose. I am bad at drawing it big enough.

He'd work well as a background character, I think.

(Just as an aside, saying 'curtains' around him is the worst thing you can possibly do.)
Wizard wrote:

(Just as an aside, saying 'curtains' around him is the worst thing you can possibly do.)

I did not know this. EXPLANATION.
CelestinaGrey wrote:
Wizard wrote:

Let's just say it instantly makes finding a privy (trees also do in a pinch) his most immediate concern.

Why 'curtains'? There's no damned reason, because Paradox makes no damned sense!
I would suggest:

- Scrii
Human, female with flaxen hair and many scars.

She is an "emotion-eater"; or more, she can inhale or exhale emotions as black fume.

> The pale smells of her mother's skin and hair; a smell like new muslin washed in salt water and left to dry in the wind. Unruly hair of milky white, framed a slightly narrow but elfin face. Irises of cerulean blue, enclosed in jet-black lashes; were flecked with a more neutral shade, the no color of road dust. So often did those eyes dart about, watching her surroundings with a vigilant intensity. What would have been great beauty, was marred to a degree by myriad of scars, mingling with apricot freckles on her creamy skin. Rustling, almond tinged silk; the sound of it cast a shadow like a bird that followed her along the corridor, then flew suddenly past. (dress)

I don't suggest my other characters, because they will be probably too complicated.

Quote:
Everyone remember to thank darth_angelus for giving our community this shockingly generous anniversary gift!

THANK YOU!
I could suggest none other that Anukha for something like this.

She's a 4.2 feet tall jackal woman with dull black fur and oily black hair. She wears blue robes at all times, although the style of her robe often changes. (Although I really prefer the design in Heimdall's commission of her the most)

Anukha is a treasure-hunter of sorts, although she refers to herself as a scholar and would feel insulted if someone were to 'accuse' her of being anything else. She is kindhearted and would help anyone, but also has a very strict set of morals she expects everyone to adhere to. She is notably lawful, she will never break a law if she doesn't have to and even then she will prefer look for an alternative.
Wizard wrote:
CelestinaGrey wrote:
Wizard wrote:

Let's just say it instantly makes finding a privy (trees also do in a pinch) his most immediate concern.

Why 'curtains'? There's no damned reason, because Paradox makes no damned sense!

I am a terrible person. Now I want to mention curtains around him.

YES THANK YOU DARTH!!! :D
Minerva

i am sure curtains could be written into the video somehow lmao.
Minerva

Oh also did you see spotunk from derek? His goblin? If not check his user profile, maximus, for whatever you can use. He really wants to be involved, we just have crap availability.

We really really need people to post their own characters so that we know that they're agreeing to allow their own characters to be represented and included. I know it's a bit difficult for you guys Minerva, but if he could log in just once to give the okay in January, it'd really help us out.
Minerva

we may be able to tomorrow. If not, on my birthday. Wed do it here but its a tumultuous pain in the ass to switch accounts on the phone then navigate back.
Arlo (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

Because Darth told me to, I'm submitting Arlo too :)
any charas in my pro. alexa good if u use zenthus but so is spotunk, not in my pro yet. Will txt desc to loki and have her post his desc, txt limit sux.
Dog

What the hey!:

Street-wise and "sassy". Confidence from nose to tail. Adaptable to any situation. Little can phase Tige, a native New Yorker who can safely say he's "seen it all". His breed may be intimidating, but the smile that oft plays upon his muzzle is quite disarming. Tige can and will dial the charm any number of notches to please. It's the pit bull in him.

http://www.rprepository.com/c/tige
Here is the description for Spotunk from Derek,

"3 1/2 feet tall puke yellowgreen skin goblin with a nose bigger than the rest of his head, dressed like a tiny paladin and wielding a giant butchers knife like a buster sword. Uses justice as a screamed mantra to become more powerful even though he doesn't understand what it means. Became a servant to Zenthus."

For Alexa, he suggests putting her in the maids outfit, the rest of her information is in her profile.

And yes, thank you Darth for putting this video together, it's going to be epic to watch! I can't wait to see the final product :)
Mermaid

I guess I'll throw Carmilla into the pile of possibilities just to say I tried. She is not too hard, and I love her to pieces.

RPR
Description: 5'8", secretive elder vampire trying to blend in. Kind of hard when you are fairly pale, and your eyes glow a creamy bright green (kinda white, looks like a glow in the dark item when its taken into light). Redhead, very vaguely wavy hair, somewhere between below the shoulder blades to beyond mid-back in length. Red, or wine colored lips. Personality is generally pleasant if not a little tiny bit cocky due to her nobility - Countess. She is "too nice" to ladies, but still a flirt to men. Very prim and proper, speaking with no apostrophes - I am, we are, you are, let us, do not, shall not, etc etc. The only exception is, say, shan't. Because it sounds cool.

I totally look forward to seeing this. I love watching them!
I have this guy you guys could use:
http://www.rprepository.com/images/gallery/gl-3738-1323809119.png Whichever outfit is easiest is fine with me.
6'6 Mixed black and white spaniard demon! Rarely seen without a pipe or cigar XD

or this guy: http://i.imgur.com/rugdf.jpg Also whichever is easiest!
5'10, One-handed danish viking!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Your character in the next RPR movie? (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus