Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Official Warrior Thread 2015

I've been working on one of these regular goblins!

http://www.rprepository.com/events/epicweek2015/monster.php?m=344

I got tired, but I got its HP down to 18.
Ben Moderator

Protip:

The axe does a lot of damage to wolf riders!
mk_97 rolled 3d8 and got a natural 22. After the modifier of +4, got 26 Because it's a crit, that damage is multiplied by 3
mk_97 does 78 damage to Goblin Mage, but it shrugs off 2 damage as if it never happened.
Goblin Mage is defeated!

This ray gun does wonders! If this escalates we'd probably get Borderlands-esque guns next.
Ben Moderator

I am too injured to continue fighting :( Going to let my HP recover, in the meantime, happy battles!
I am determined to get at least one weapon out. Hopefully I can jump into the fray soon.
^ Finish him off! 7 HP left.
Hello, my well-armed friends!

I am but a squishy wizard, but I have plenty of healy hats. Post here if you need one to get back into the fray faster and I'll send one along.
Ben Moderator

Wizard, the all important party healer! Much gratitude for the hat!
Healed... nevermind
Ben Moderator

Bah! I keep wasting grenades <.< I'm going to stop using those until I see a coordinated assault.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Coordinate, coordinate, coordinate! :)

Remember that rounds start on the five.. That means :00, :05, :10, :15, :20, :25, :30, :35, etc, etc. You may want to use one five minute block to pick a target, recruit allies, and discuss which weapons will be most effective (when you've figured that out, of course), then all agree to start hitting the moment the next round starts!

In addition, now that we are at the point that weapons are *required* for most monsters, and that weapons, despite being generated via Doubutt's efforts, are a limited resource, you may want to time your goblin-clearing to when the portal crew feels that it has guesses it wants to try! Otherwise more monsters may spawn without the clear path being taken advantage of.

It's going to take people working all three portions of the main quest line to get us through! :D
Warrior friends, the portal thread needs you!

With the monsters getting more vicious, it's increasingly likely that one of you has reached or will reach the threshold of having sustained more than 500 damage from the goblin hordes. This is one of the criteria required to unlock one of the clues for a Sci-fi guardian, so please feel free to pay her a visit.
SeraphicStar

Alright, guys, the portal crew has some guesses. We should strike one of the portals hard - they seem to have some ideas for the Fantasy one. Unfortunately I can't do much by myself, as I'm unarmed, but if a few of you give me a hand I can at least help clear a couple of green goblins.

On the :05 I'm going to hit the first wolf rider in front of the fantasy portal. Who is with me?
Ben Moderator

I'm with you, glorious leader!
SeraphicStar

I can help, if I stop being dead by then! I doubt I'll be useful, though, because as I said, dead.

Out of stamina! This guy's damage resistance is high enough that fists won't work, but we have him down to 15. If anyone with ANY weapon can hit him, do it!!

http://www.rprepository.com/events/epicweek2015/monster.php?m=340

EDIT: YES YOU DID IT!!!

Also, this was so freaking satisfying:

Kim rolled 1d20 and got a natural 19. After the modifier of +5, got 24
Critical hit! Kim overclocks her ray gun, and the beam explodes when it makes contact with Fiendish Wolf Rider!

Kim rolled 3d8 and got a natural 15. After the modifier of +4, got 19 Because it's a crit, that damage is multiplied by 3
Kim does 57 damage to Fiendish Wolf Rider, but it shrugs off 5 damage as if it never happened.

Okay, new round starts now. We have 20 minutes until the next spawn, so effectively 3 more rounds (plus a 5 minute window for the portal crew to make guesses)

3 baddies to go. Can we do it? Starting in on the furthest left Wolf rider in front of fantasy, if anyone is with me!

http://www.rprepository.com/events/epicweek2015/monster.php?m=342

I'm out of stamina and weapons, but he's more than halfway down!

WE DID IT! Way to go everyone! :D

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Official Warrior Thread 2015

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus