Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Official Warrior Thread 2015

Kim Site Admin

This is the official thread for adventurers to discuss battling the goblin menace!

For your adventuring convenience, here is the link to the portals: http://www.rprepository.com/events/epicweek2015/portals.php

Goblins frequently emerge from the portals, preventing access to them. You may wish to coordinate with the portal thread to time when you clear the way with when they think they have an answer to a portal seal figured out and need to try it.

There's a new round every 5 minutes. Your stamina and (most) monster HP resets to full at the beginning of every round. Team up to defeat harder monsters before the round ends!
Tar

This is information that has so far been compiled on weapons and enemies.

There is also a group treasury for dedicated fighters located here! If you are not participating in the fighting, but have weapons and party hats you're willing to donate please do so here!

Always keep in mind the importance of party hats (which will heal you for somewhere between 5 and 15 HP) during our more heated battles - they can make all the difference in us getting through the portals in time!
Quote:
Ray Gun wrote:
Damage type: Energy
Attack bonus: 5
Damage Dice: 3d8
Damage Bonus: 4
Crit Threshold: 19
Crit Multiplier: 3
Wicked Battle Axe wrote:
Damage type: Slashing
Attack bonus: 5
Damage Dice: 2d8
Damage Bonus: 3
Crit Threshold: 20
Noble Rapier wrote:
Damage type: Piercing
Attack bonus: 3
Damage Dice: 1d8
Damage Bonus: 2
Crit Threshold: 18
Crit Multiplier: 2
AC Bonus: 4
Pineapple Grenade wrote:
Damage type: All
Attack bonus: 10
Damage Dice: 6d8
Damage Bonus: 5
Crit Threshold: 20

Blue Wolf Riders, Blue Goblin Mages, and Blue Invaders - aka blue enemies - are weak to Energy Weapons. They are resistant to Slashing and Piercing - in that order! Slashing will be less resisted, but still lack full effect. The rapier is almost useless and they will shrug off most of the damage.

Wolf Riders and Mech-Pilot Goblin - aka green enemies - are the exact opposite and shrug off damage from Energy Weapons and to a lesser degree also Slashing. However, they are devastated by the speed of Piercing.

Fiendfish Wolf Riders, Fiendish Goblin Mage, and Fiendish-Pilot Mech - aka red enemies - are weak to Slashing. The rapier is also no use here - they shrug off the bulk of Piercing damage and to a lesser degree also resist Energy damage.

I haven't seen a regular green mage in a while to test on, but I assume they follow suit with this pattern and grenades as an "all" damage type are a glorious wildcard of destruction.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

This post also reserved for a volunteer who wants to create a guide to the various goblins and weapons.
GET EM!!!

Hahaha I love the idea of the goblin fight. It's awesome.
Against my better judgment, I attempted to face-punch a goblin to death all by myself.

I have learned the following:

a) It didn't work--I got tired and was unable to fight long before the little fellow's HP dipped anywhere near as much as mine had. (I didn't get knocked out, though.)

b) Wizards shouldn't be punching things in the face in the first place! There must be a way to find weapons!

c) My knuckles really hurt, and my 1d4 HP is suffering considerably.

SOON, little green men! Soon!
*pants* No...more...stamina...left... *flop*
CrimsonKnight212

Weapons!! I need weapons!

We've killed our first goblin! A coalition of 4 (Me, SeraphicStar, Heimdall and onion) all teamed up to punch the stuffing out of the same goblin at once, and it fell to our fists of fury!

http://www.rprepository.com/events/epicweek2015/monster.php?m=213

Until we learn how to arm ourselves, it will take 2-4 of us working together to bring a goblin down before the round ends.
I GOT A BATTLE AXE.
I'll have to make sure to use it until there are few uses left, then put it on display!

EDIT: OKAY I KILLED ONE.
SeraphicStar

EAT FOREHEAD, GOBLIN SCUM!
We wouldn't be truly epic hosts if we didn't offer our guests some knuckle sandwich appetizers!
Nothing makes you feel more like a warrior that headbutting a Goblin to death.

But seriously, I'd like something pointy to hit with. I get riddled with arrows otherwise.
DEATH TO GOBLINS!!!! Weeeew! XD

WOW you guys made short work of that first wave of goblins! The path is clear to both portals!

(...for now! DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!)
SeraphicStar

My face is the only weapon I need to slaughter green nuisances.
I got one down to half health. There has to be a better way.

Which one? I'll get it the other half of the way!
The left foremost goblin has 8 health now. <.< >.>
I hit the one on the top left, though idk if the wave'll still be there.

Looks like they both got murdered!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Official Warrior Thread 2015

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus