Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » New page management interface

Are you able to move single pages? Yes

Within the same top-level list? Yes
To a different top-level parent? Yes
To an empty column? Yes

Are you able to move entire columns? Yes
Is it easy to do? Yes
Do you encounter problems? Nope
What browser and version are you using? For example, Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox.
Firefox 8.0 [for truth, i hate generally trying to update firefox. it hates meee.]
Kim wrote:
In one of the options menus (usually Help, but sometimes settings) You'll find an option that says "About Internet Explorer." The very first thing in that window should be the version number.

IE 8
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

CelestinaGrey wrote:
IE 8

Okay, that explains why you're able to use it at the moment. It's not working in 9 just this second. Glad to hear 8 is still trucking.

Also; if you click on one of the columns, but not on the words themselves, are you able to drag an entire column?

@kyra - Thank you! :)
Yes!
Kim wrote:
Sanne wrote:
Much better!! :D

Is it? :O Did the addition of the pointer make it easier to find where to drag the column?

lol, it confused me at first. XD ... but it works perfectly :)
  1. Are you able to move single pages? Yes
    • Within the same top-level list? Yes
    • To a different top-level parent? Yes
    • To an empty column? Yes
  2. Are you able to move entire columns? Yes
  3. Is it easy to do? Heck yes
  4. Do you encounter problems? Nope
  5. What browser and version are you using? For example, Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox 8.0.1 Fire Fox 9.0.1

This is nifty. :D

I believe I've resolved the conflicts that were occurring in IE 9. It should be working in both IE 8 and 9 again, as well as all recent versions of Chrome and Firefox. Please let me know if anyone finds anything else.

Now that I've got it technically working, I'll dig in and see what I can do about what was confusing people. Thanks everyone, this will really shine with all your help! :D
Everything worked splendidly with the Chrome and Firefox web browser. I shall give it a go with Explorer and may try with Safari on the Macintosh in the den.

-Sherlock

Update: Explorer works just as well as the others. The only issue I'm running into with Safari is a bit of a lagging response. Other than that, it seems everything is in order Kim.

-Sherlock

Thanks Sherlock! :D
Dragonfire Moderator

Everything seems to work okay in Firefox 3.6.25 (I refuse to support their new way of version numbering, haha), too.

Although, it did seem like moving around subpages under invidual columns 'stuck' a bit when trying to move them more than one column over - I had to drag the word quite a bit over in order for the dotted lines to register that I wanted it in the second-next column and not the next one over. I'm not sure if it's just because the column itself was just wider and the change wasn't registering until it hit mid-span, though.

Whoa, are you really... 6 versions behind the latest Firefox release? XD
Dragonfire Moderator

Yep! Version 4 was the first version where they switched to their new numbering scheme. I harrumphed, scoffed at the insult to old programming ways, and refused to make the changeover.

Maybe eventually I'll get around to it, but in the meantime I'll be over here, shaking my cane and telling the kids to get off my lawn.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

That's the same version of Firefox I have :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » New page management interface

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus