Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Into Abyss

Lucia Jarious VanDrayle (played by Drayle88) Topic Starter

In the trees, a large, glossy looking buck was walking, slowly stalking through the forest, it's antlers sharp. Behind him were two does, and they walked side by side. They were silent, but crossed her vision in the distance.
Xelera Ryker (played by Jello_Monsta)

Xelera crouched low remaining silent as she held the spear steady. She waited until they were directly in front of her and then thrusted her arm forward, releasing the spear from her grasp. The spear hit its mark, puncturing the neck of one of the does. She came from the brush quickly as the other two deer escaped and pulled the other sharp rock from her clothes and put the doe out of its pain. She pulled the spear from its neck and then said a small prayer for the animals spirit.

She came back to the pool about a half an hour later, dragging the deer behind her. She glanced at Lucia, and smiled. "Success." she said.

Lucia had a small fire going, and from the looks of the weaved grass leaves he was working on a leaf stuffed pillow. When he saw the deer he grinned.

"Very nice. You're much more of asurvivalist than I am. I'm more arts and crafts."

he gestured to teh fire. "i am good for some things though. Do you need any help?"

She pushed her mouth to the side, "We can use the skin as a blanket once it's dried, in case it should get cold. Unfortunately, most of the meat will be wasted because it will spoil." She sat down near the fire and took the sharp rock beginning to skin the deer.

Once that was finished she laid it out to dry and began cutting the pieces of meat off. "You can find some sticks to use as a skewer." she said as she worked.

"RIght-o" Lucia said, hopping up and heading off into the woods. A few minutes later he came back, a small bundle of sticks under one arm, and he was sharpening the one in his hand with a rock. "THis should do." He said, handing one over to her and working on the next. After a bit of wittling and cooking, the two were eating in more or less silence.

Lucia was a friendly sort, and liked to talk. YOu could almost tell he was wanting to start a conversation. But trust worked both ways. The slight things, such as a slight tensing when she moved and he wasn't looking, told her that he was just as wary as she was.

Xelera was more than comfortable to eat in silence, she had never been the social type. She avoided looking at him for that very reason, for if she looked up at him a conversation would start. She didn't have time to spend to make friends, she had to get home.

Home, she didn't realize how much she would miss it. Though when she was there she always threatened to leave. Her father was controlling, and strict. She shook her head some, brushing away those thoughts. She finished eating, setting down the stick. She rubbed her stomach, feeling much more focused now that her stomach was full.

She sat there quietly, rubbing her arm. It wasn't that she didn't want to make friends, she just wasn't good at the whole conversation thing. Normally she would come off cold or distant without meaning to, or would somehow offend the other person so it was just easier to avoid the conversation all together.

Lucia finished his meal in silence as well. When they both were done He sighed and looked up at the canopy. There were no starrs, only dismel, cloudy skies.

"I'm guessing tomorrow we should explore this area. If the last one had a riddle, This one should have sometihng of the sort."

He yawned, rolling his neck.

"If you want I can take first watch."

She glanced up when he spoke and then nodded, "I suppose you're right.." she said softly, looking back towards the fire. She wasn't sure if she should trust him, and the thought of sleeping made her feel vulnerable. Her eyelids were growing heavy though, and a yawn escaped her throat. "I'm a light sleeper, so don't try anything funny.." she warned as she laid down, using her arm as a pillow.

A grass leaf pillow suddenly thumped agianst her head, the retreating form of Lucia the last thing she saw before he walked out of the fire's light.

"Sorry. You're not my type anyhow."

As dismel grew darker, the firelight seemed to grow more intense. Several hours passed by, and nothing but the sound of night rustlings bothered her in her sleep.

She flinched as the pillow hit her head, she narrowed her eyes slightly as she took the pillow and put it under her head. "That's not what I meant." she clarified, frowning as she closed her eyes. She had a hard time falling asleep at first but after an hour or so sleep finally took her. She didn't sleep peacefully, she tossed and turned most of the time and would mumble slightly.

A slight poking would prod her leg. Lucia, after about 6 hours, was holding a long stick and was trying to wake the elf without risking injury. FOr all he knew she would stab in her sleep out of... self defense or something.

She opened her eyes slowly, glancing around. She sat up quickly when she realized where she was, scooting away from him. "What is it?" she asked, her mind still clouded with sleep.

"I could use some sleep, and I think I found something." HIs voice was tired, and the dark rings under his eyes made the gold look a bit dull. He stood and pulled a torch he'd fasioned from the fire, and headed into the forest.

Xelera rose a brow and then stood from the ground, following him into the forest. She felt a bit guilty for being so cold towards him. She stayed quiet though as they walked, keeping close to him so she could see in the darkness.

He led her silently through the trees, moving as if he'd walked through this place before. Eventually they came to another stone platform. He moved the torch, and showed that there were runes on this as well.

"It's draconic. It more or less translates to "Bring the four elements together to rest."." On the slab was four circles, above the runes. The barrier was nearby, but from this point in the darkness it couldn't be seen.

She looked at the runes carefully, and then glanced at him as he spoke. "The four elements? Earth, Air, Fire, and Water...right?" she said, turning back to the runes.

"Yeah. At least I would hope so." He yawned and rubbed his eyes, shaking himself. "The only thing I can't figure out is wind... I mean we can get the others here in the circles but..." He shrugged.

She looked at him as he yawned, and frowned slightly. "Get some sleep, we'll figure it out later.." she said, "I'll keep watch till morning.." she said, turning to head back to their fire.

He nodded and followed her back, handing the torch to her and curing up by the water. Hours passed again, until the dismel sky again turned a lighter shade of gray. When Lucia did stir, he rolled his neck, loud cracking noises coming from him.

"If I ever find out who did this to me I"m gonna slice him and sell him for jerky..." He grumbled.

(roll 1d10)

She glanced up as he grumbled, and smiled slightly. "Yea, I'll help you." she said, glancing around.

rolled 1d10 and got 5

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Into Abyss

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus