Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Modern Life of The Gypsy (Closed)

Sawyer Wise (played by Jetticus) Topic Starter

"You make a valid point Carmen." They would make their way to his loft, a quiet walk as he didn't have anything else on his mind and she didn't want to talk about it in public as she stated. "Here we are." They hadn't been, but a couple blocks away, he had the top loft, "Let's head up there, I'll feed Rosco, you get comfortable and then we'll talk about this..." They would head up to the loft and he would walk off the elevator, Rosco would be there goofy as always. He would jump on Sawyer and try to eat the bag of steak right out of his hand. "Hey-Hey! Boy! Rosco! Get down!" Sawyer would say excitedly. He would go feed Rosco who other than steak didn't even know anything else was there. Sawyer would click a button on the wall and the shades would seal all of the windows. "Wasn't sure how long this conversation would go, but just in case the sun won't get in, I'm a drinker, not a fan of the sun myself either... you are harmed by the sun right?"
Carmen (played anonymously)

The young vampire was silent through the entire walk to his place, she was trying to figure out where to start. By the time they were rising in the elevator she still hadn't exactly figured it out. As they exited and the dog bounded over to Sawyer she smiled, and it was completely genuine perhaps for the first time since they had met.

Carmen walked over to the couch and sank down into one corner as Sawyer fed his dog. just start over, tell him what was truth and what was lies she had decided.

"hmm?" she looked to him as he spoke about the sun. "Well, prolonged exposure would render me a pile of ashes before you but, as you can tell by the pallour of my skin..I can handle small doses..."

She sighed a little bit an rubbed her eyes, "Alright...so I guess this is where I start explaining..." she looked back to him, "Well, my name was partial truth. My ring was true...and Jersey was true." She counted out the truths for him, the rest had mostly been lies.

"My real name is Rosemary Lillian Carmen, I was born in Jersey in 1949...."

Sawyer was taken back by the date he heard. He wouldn't say anything he would poor himself a drink and sit down, he wouldn't even bother to get her anything, though he did get a vanilla bean for her. He handed it to her. He would relax as best anyone could with a real vampire in their living room...

Carmen perked a brow to the vanilla bean, but she accepted it, taking it up to her nose and inhaling the scent of it. "I love the smell, I used to love the taste..." she sighed a bit, turning the bean over in her hands.

"before I abruptly left the diner....I was starting to say my father drank too much, and it lead it many..." she trailed off a moment her eyes clouding just a little, she hadn't thought of her father in years, "unpleasant experiences for a child to go through." is how she chose to finish the sentence, hinting at abuse but not out rightly admitting it. "And I mentioned I was a runaway, that was true also..."

Sawyer would sit and listen to her story. "So you ran from yer pa, to become a vampire?" Sawyer wasn't really that confused, more or less trying to get her to lighten up. "Me father beat me black and blue, I know the story, I wanted to run too, but I lived on an island." Sawyer realized he'd interrupted her, "Please continue."

Carmen shook her head, "No I didn't run from him to become a vampire. I ran to escape him." She murmured in reply with a weary sigh, suddenly the girl seemed to age, not in body but in sheer attitude, and mind frame.

"After leaving them I ran about Jersey for about a week or so before I encounters a traveling circus, and I managed to talk my way into a job..." she realized just how cheesy that sounded but it didn't stop her, "Most of them were from India, the circus was called Rāta kī Sarkasa." she pronounced the Hindi words carefully, trying to wrap her jersey accent around them. "I was told it meant night circus..." she shrugged a bit again, "The ringmaster was from India, and a member of the Ravnos clan..." she knew the words would mean virtually nothing to him. "His son, I'm not sure if he was actually the man's son or not, was a vampire also."

Sawyer would get up and refill his drink, coming to terms with the existence of vampires was a strange realization, and if there was anything that would easy his nerves it was likely to be a type of bourbon he'd been saving since he left Ireland... "Ireland's Best" He would say as he pulled the bottle from the top shelf of his liquor cabinet. He would poor a drink for himself and hand the cork to Carmen, "I know you can't really drink, but I thought you might appreciate the smell of it." He would sit down and sip his fine bourbon slowly. "An Indian Night Circus, that sounds strange, but with the time frame I'm hearing it's about right, 1964 would be the year you would've joined them... lot's of circus acts still in the US at that time, they had moved from the UK to the states." Sawyer was a bit of a history buff. "I think it's interesting that you can sit on my couch and look at me and tell me all of this and yet... not seem like any of it happened to you... it's like it happened to someone you knew." Sawyer didn't know what it took to become a vampire, nor did he think he was going to bed tonight without understanding it. "His son was a vampire also?"

Carmen shook her head to the proffered cork, she didn`t drink when she was alive, so she didn`t need to smell it. She nodded along with his words, "Correct Tom Cat, they had only just come over seas the year before." she sighed a little bit looking away from him, her eyes taking a bit of a distant look. "Yes Aakash, was a vampire also." the name was spoke with a sort of sore familiarity. "He became my constant companion in the night time hours, only to disappear when the sun came up and the rest of us were preparing for our daily duties." apparently she worked for the circus a while before her embrace.

She didn't intend to give him too many details about her life then, the embrace or her life afterwards it didn't really matter. "By 1966 he made me what I am now...." she sighed heavily her eyes still not looking at him.

"Everything was gravy for a long time, for thrity years..." she trailed off as she reached the hard bit of the story, not sure how to explain an ancient rising and in his own death throes nearly eliminating the entire clan.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa lass... How did you become a vampire? That shit doesn't just POOF just happen like taking a shit..." Sawyer was perturbed that he wasn't getting the whole story. "Look lass, you're obviously telling me this because your trust me or you're going to kill me, and you already told me I'm still alive so that was my saving grace." Sawyer was the kind of man who needed the facts. "Just give the facts, how did you become a vampire, what's that like, what happened to your dude, and what is the daily life of a vampire like?" Sawyer was to the point, this was a characteristic he got from his father, whom he didn't care for of course... he was glad the bastard died, but it killed his mother... "Shit happens to us all, time to time we have to tell someone, don't rip yourself off and sugarcoat what you're trying to tell me."

Looked back to Sawyer as he began speaking, her eyes which had been distant, and lost in memories of happier times, were now slowly turning angry. As her continued on speaking her face soon took on an irritated expression. "You want to hear that Kash became my lover and I his regular meal? You wish to know that one night he fed too gluttonously and drained the last drop of blood from my body? Then made the desperate decision to make me what I am today!" The words had come out in an angry snarl, "Choose your words carefully mortal. You live because I have allowed it thus far." She was infuriated with him at that moment, but made no move from the couch.

Sawyer felt her anger in a wave. "Look, I didn't know, and I wanted to..." He didn't know how to explain it, but he would try. "I'm the human, who a few minutes ago didn't even believe vampires were real, now I'm the guy talking to the vampire on his couch... sorry if I'm a little insensitive, but I'm on edge, threatening me isn't going to help..." Sawyer wasn't afraid, he figured that if she was to kill him, he'd had a good life to his point. "I'm not afraid of you, no matter what you say or do... I'm just confused and curious, but I don't know how to ask the questions I have." Sawyer was genuine... he felt bad for making her relive those memories, but he didn't even know they were there... "Look had I known you suffered I might have been more tactful... Sorry."

A heavy sigh came from the young vampiress, "Thank you for explaining yourself a little more tactfully..." the words were murmured, and she shifted in her seat, "Okay....so perhaps if you have a question ask it more gently...I haven't told anyone any of this." She looked from the mortal to look for the dog, an animal was always a welcome distraction.

"I will finish my story then answer your other questions, "Kash's father was not pleased, but at that point I was had already risen again so there wasn't much he could do about the situation. We spent years traveling and presenting the facade of a circus, out of the 30 players within the circus there were 10 of us who couldn't walk the light of day. Our lives were routine, and much like the one I live now...we did tricks and preformed very real illusions to make cash, then we moved on." She fell back into her story.

"It wasn't until the 1990's where things started to change, the mortals in the circus either all disbanded and the 10 of us continued on...." she sighed lightly, "Then Zapathasura rose...." her tanned face grew pale, "I...I don't know the complete history I know that we are his children....." a stammer came from her, "But...He started to annihilate us... all of us." She was having difficulties recounting the last bit of her tale, it was the part that left her raw. "He found us..."

Sawyer felt better now that she had calmed down... he listened intently as Rosco came into the room and began to lick the new person's hand. He would look up at her and tilt his head as though he was confused by "the dead lady" "Rosco..." Sawyer would say as Rosco did this... "He found you?"

Carmen nodded her head, letting the dog sniff her hands before she moved her hand to pet him gently. "The long and the short of it is I survived, I don't know why Zapathasura let us live he knew we was there..." she sighed a little bit, "Perhaps it's because the sun was rising....Kash who was older than I by quite a bit, shielded me from the sun....and left me behind..." The experience might have happened over ten years ago, but it was still raw and fresh in her mind. As she paused a bloody tear slid down her cheek, but was briskly wiped away.

"So," she said after swallowing thickly, "What have you to say now...." She looked from Rosco to Sawyer, Her blue eyes were still slightly blurred by unshead bloody tears.

Sawyer stood up and walked over to the couch sat down next to her... he would attempt to cradle her on his shoulder. He would say nothing... there was nothing he could say... he would just hold her close and let her feel his warmth... Rosco would lay down at there feet, as to say sorry you feel bad dead lady. Sawyer would just give her his shoulder... just so she could feel something... he wanted to say he was sorry she suffered... and that she as alone... but he felt this was the only way to do it... he wasn't asking for anything, he wasn't telling her anything... he was just trying to comfort her.

Had he been totally unfamiliar she would have pushed him away, but due to the previous evening's events he wasn't. She was with holding tears still, trying to remember that it happened over a decade ago and tears for Kash, and the other immortals who had become a sort of family to her were long since shed. For many moments she just sat with in the circle of his arms her head resting against his shoulders. "We are immortal...but that doesn't mean we can't die." she finally spoke, and sat up, but she didn't move to far from him.

"Now....your questions..." she sighed trying to remember them, "They were of course common ones...our daily lives...what it is like...." she sighed once more

"Let's worry about that later... okay?" Sawyer had enough of vampire talk to last him the night, but he was also concerned about what it was doing to Carmen. "Carmen why don't we watch this movie I rented and relax?" He was sincere, he didn't want to talk about it anymore for her sake more than his own. "I haven't seen it before, but who knows maybe watching it with someone would be better than no one." He would look to her to see if she approved of this idea... "You're safe here, at least I think so."

The young vampire nodded her head, she was more than happy to change the subject for the time being. It was hard on her but in the end sawyer had been correct speaking the words out loud had helped, it felt like a weight had lifted form her shoulders. "That sounds just fine." her eyes wandered looking for a clock, despite the friendship that was slowing starting to grow she would be more comfortable in her own enviroment when the sun rose. So she was keeping an eye on the time.

"And unless you've got any vampires living in your building I think I'm okay..." She murmured softly and she was far from joking. They could be highly territorial

Sawyer was happy to curl up with her and watch a movie. "This sounds like something I could grow to like." He would start the movie... (on phone forgive my tiny responses and spelling errors.)

Carmen was content for the time being, but she was wondering just how smart it was to be spending to much time with him. Sure it was fine for now, but what would she do if they actually grew close, and he wanted the only thing she really had to offer. Immortality, she wasn't sure how she felt when that thought came to mind.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Modern Life of The Gypsy (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus