Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Modern Life of The Gypsy (Closed)

Sawyer Wise (played by Jetticus) Topic Starter

Sawyer would make no response to the EVERYONE Irish has green eyes comment, wasn't worth it.

"You look like you look," Sawyer was careful, he knew better than to talk about how a woman looked, besides she looked great to him, "and you look good to me." He would look to her, she was being slow, but hey who cares. "I like my share of salt, but nothing wrong with a little pepper." He would wink, "You can what you want darling, I'm going to eat either way."

He would walk down to the diner they'd come from, he would've liked her to follow. He would open the door for her. "After you lass."
Carmen (played anonymously)

Carmen found his words odd, thankfully he followed up with the compliment otherwise she might have smacked him. She smiled in regards to his pepper comment, "Don't worry I've got plenty of pepper." the words were uttered as she had caught up with Sawyer. She had no real intent for going any where, she figured she'd kill half the night in his company then perhaps have a meal. When her opened the door she walked through, "For now I think I want to do this." she said as she passed by him.

Sawyer liked that she had plenty of pepper, he was also aware of her pepper. "Good to hear lass." They would enter the Diner. "Can I get a numba 2 and 3? Thanks pal." Sawyer would go to a booth and allow her a seat first. "Can I take your jacket?" Sawyer was a rough guy, but he knew better than to not be a gentleman, though there were times where he wasn't. "They make a mean milkshake here, do you like milkshakes?"

Carmen perked a brow to him as he ordered two meals, "You must be a hungry guy." She said as she crossed to the table, shaking her head to his offer to take her cardigan. "No thanks I'll leave it on." She slipped into one of the seats, "I don't mean to be rude I'm just chilly." she hastily added the last bit lest the man get offended. She smiled softly to his offering of milkshake, "I used to when I was younger, but I've seemed to developed a bit of intolerance to Lactose a couple of years ago. I can't touch dairy products." She lied again to him, she didn't want him to order something she wouldn't be able to consume.

A smile was flashed to him, "But since your so insistent on me getting something while you eat a soda will do fine Tom Cat." she placed her hands on the table, a ring on her middle finger flashed in the light, it looked to be an old piece of art deco jewelery, a diamond set in the gold.

"No worries Lass, you seem like the type who is always cold. I know because I spent some time against your skin." Sawyer would have a good chuckle and then think for a second... 'How is it that she was cold the entire time? It was damned near ninety in the bloody room.'

Sawyer would order her a soda, "Can I get a vanilla Italian soda? Thanks again pal." He would look back to her and give her a smile. "The soda jerk here makes a great Italian soda. I hope that's okay with you lass?"

Sawyer would see the large ring on her hand, "Quite the rock you have there, wouldn't have to be worrying about some hockey nut husband out to find me would I?" Sawyer had a good laugh. "I ordered a numba two burger with fries and a numba 3 steak sandwich to take home to my dog."

Carmen just smiled softly, no words were really needed to that, she was always cold and would be that was for a very long time. Only a near gluttonous feeding would change that. Her smiled broadened to the mention of vanilla soda, she loved the scent of vanilla, "It's great." she would lean back into the booth casting her baby blues around the room.

"hmm?" her gaze snapped back to him, "Oh my ring, nope. No big bad hockey husband, just an heirloom." she smiled softly, and that was probably the first honest thing that had come from her lips other than her name. It was an heirloom, her mothers. A look of genuine surprise crossed her features, "You have a dog?"

"I have one of those too, me ma gave me this hat, it was the last thing me pa wore before he went to war." Sawyer would lean back and think of home. "But that's aside the point right lass?" He laughed at her surprise of him owning a dog. "Yep his name is Rosco, he's a big black Great Dane, kinda a funny story." He would say as the plate of food ended up at the table, and a bag which contained the number 3, "I had literally just gotten off the boat, found a place to stay with some distant family, which by the way if ya ever decide to stay wit your familay, make sure they are not your familay." He would laugh at the thought of his 17 year old cousin, Lilly, coming into the bathroom while he was showering, that was an interesting moment in life for him, he would go over the scene of trying to escape the bathroom naked and then being framed for the crime of incest... he would laugh. "Eiteer way lass, I was working the docks when I hear a big splash and saw some guy running from the edge of the docks. I ran over to the edge to see what it was and I saw a bag floating and the bag had not been closed all the way" Sawyer would demonstrate the small plate sized opening in the bag, "I look into this small hole in the bag and sure enough a pup is looking up at me as he goes under water." Sawyer would explain the story excitedly. "I dove into the winter water and pulled the bag up and got me a pup out of the deal, and bloody bad case of the runners." He would laugh, "He's been with me ever since."

Perked a brow, she found it mildly interesting that they had a similar experience in regards to mementos. She grew rather quiet as he told his story even smirking and laughing a little bit when the questionable side story was told. She didn't mind that he got sidetracked as he told a story, it gave him more of an idea of who he was. that's learn more about him, and you wont be able to feed from him. her inner voice chimed in, but she waved it away, not particularly caring it had been years, over a decade since her sire was given final death, ten long years of distancing herself from everything. Well everything except blood and money, two necessary things for a vampire to have.

When he finished up with his story she smiled softly, "An interesting story, Sounds like wonderful animal."

"I love that mutt, he's a great dog." Sawyer would realize he rambled a little, "tell me a ittle more about yourself, I want to know more about Carmen."

The girl tensed a bit as he brought the conversation around to her, and she was a little thankful for the distraction of her soda. She plucked the straw from it and placed it on the table, then she lifted the glass and appeared to take a very small sip. Just like she had last night. "Ah," she cleared her throat, "I'm just a Jersey girl," a shrug was given, "Any thing specific you wanna know?" she asked him perking a brow. Then she smiled a bit to him, "And before you ask what I'm doing in Boston, I ran away from home years ago." this at least was a half truth

"Well, how about something comparable to where your family is, why you ran away, things like why didja decide to come to Boston and not New York?"

Sawyer was thrown back by her dodging and avoiding of the question... it was basic enough he didn't ask for her Social Security Number and her sleep schedule.

"Why aren't you actually drinking that drink?" Sawyer would notice that for the drink she was pretending to drink, there was no soda leaving the glass.

As the questions started she started to twist the ring round her finger, it was just a little too big for her finger so it slid around rather easily. Carmen had started to answer him with "my father drank too much-" but her words stopped short as he inquired about the soda, he was more observant than the average person that was for sure.

She couldn't think of any lie to tell him,so she opted for leaving. Her eyes flickered to the clock on the wall, "I-I have to go." she hoped that the action and her words appeared like she just realized what time it was. Abruptly she stood up and left the small diner.

Outside there were far too many people for her to run, a small crowd had gathered around the diner's entrance and two men were on the brink of a fight. She was stuck between the diner and the group of people, trying slowly to push her way through the crowd. If Sawyer followed her it wouldn't take him long to catch her.

Sawyer wouldn't even follow... if she didn't want to answer, that was her problem. "If she's got to go, she's go to go..." Sawyer would eat his burger and fries. "I'm no puppy." He would pay for his food and walk out the door.

Quickly the girl pushed and even shoved her way through the crowd that had gathered to watch the fight. As soon as she was through Carmen set off down the street at a brisk pace. you idiot her inner voice chimed in once again, if you had fed before now you might have a quicker mind. She sighed heavily and started towards one of the bars on this street, having made her decision about her meal.

The bar was about 6 blocks away from the diner, and it wasn't long until she was out side of it and flirting, almost shamelessly, with a young man who was outside having a cigarette. It wasn't long before she was leading him into the alley that ran along side of the bar. She was thankful that the soon to be victim needed very little persuading, the hunger had been growing.

When they were in the darker part of the alley she wasted very little time. Her lips found his throat, and her teeth sank into his soft flesh a soft contented sound coming from her when the hot blood hit her tongue.

Sawyer would make his way outside to see two men fighting, he thought about joining in, having just been ditched he was in no mood, but he decided otherwise as the night was still young. He would make his way to a corner market that he liked, it was only 5 blocks away after all. He would get there and pick up a few things, a half gallon of milk, some garlic, and a movie he had been wanting to see. He felt overly domestic this evening, but it was likely due to being ditched. "Well either way, I can get home, feed Rosco, watch a movie and hit the bars at a later hour." He would leave the corner market and head home, he wasn't far from it by this point. Walking past bars and clubs on the way home was nothing new to him, he did catch a familiar sent in the air... "Blood?" He wasn't sure where it would be coming from, but it was strong, meaning that it was close... He would walk past a bar into the opening of an alley, this is where it was strongest. He would look down the alley to see two figures one against a wall and the other leaning on them. He would run down the alley seeing that someone was in trouble. "Hey fucko! Leave 'em alo-WHA!?" He would see Carmen standing there draining the life from some poor bastard. "What the fuck are you doing lass? Who the fuck is this? What's he done? What the bloody fuck are you doing!?" Sawyer was freaking out a little... he didn't really know what to do... he would look onto his friend of the evening with a bit of shock on his face, waiting for an explanation, she was not getting away this time.

Carmen felt no particular desire to let this one live, she could tell from his demeanor and body language when she had started talking to him that he wasn't exactly a fella on the straight an narrow path. As she fed a familiar scent crept into her nose, then the sound's of footsteps accompanied with a familiar voice hit her ears. Crap was her initial thought, and she pulled herself form his throat, but not before running her tongue along the wound her teeth had created, then she the let the man go. Dazed and missing a good few pints of blood he staggered a bit, looking as if her were drugged.

Stepping away from the victim she turned to look at Sawyer, the only tell tale sign of what had occurred was the red staining her lips. However that was soon cleaned up by her darting tongue. She knew that the victim would remain dazed for a couple of moments, and unless sawyer got him worked up he'd never really realize what happened, she had to separate them. Carmen looked from Sawyer to the man who she just fed from, and gave him a smile. "Thanks so much, I really needed a hug, go on back to the bar I'll join you shortly."

The dazed victim, indeed had no real idea as to what happened, he thought he just scored. Happily he sauntered back to the bar. Of course Carmen had no intentions of following the guy.

Once the man was out of ear shot she looked to Sawyer, her eyes were actually a little bit sad. "You're no fool Tom Cat....put the pieces together."

Sawyer was astonished at her candid response, "What the fuck do you mean? Are you implying that I should put the pieces of you being a crazed loon and drinking blood together?" Sawyer was freaked, "I don't even know what you're expecting me to put together... The only thing I know of that drinks blood is a bloody fucking vampire... those aren't real, so what the fuck are you?" Sawyer was half tempted to just leave the alley like he'd never seen it, "I like ya lass, so I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, what the hell was that?" Sawyer would set down his groceries and stare at her, he would get a little closer and see that she had enjoyed herself... he would walk slightly closer, "Lass, I'm willing to understand this, but I don't have the know how..." He would walk up to her and wipe the remaining blood from her lip...

"If I were a loon I'd be a malkavian." she muttered as he was freaking out, then Carmen ran her fingers through her bleached blond lock out of nervous habit. As he said vampires we're not real she could only laugh bitterly, but she waited until had finished speaking, actually a but surprised when he got close enough to wipe the blood from her lip.

"My deathly cold skin, my...chompers," she used the word he had used, "I can't drink or eat things that you can, and the blood..." she spelled out the pieces for him, "Sure sounds like a vampire to me..." she trailed off, not sure what to do. She had never been found out, and anyone who caught her feeding rarely lived to tell about it.

Again the girl ran her hands through her hair, glancing to his groceries. "You were heading home..." she murmured, "If you'll allow me to accompany you....I'll explain things there..." she glanced around the alley, "I'd rather not do it here in public."

Sawyer came to grips with it... the girl he'd been getting to know over the last day, was indeed a vampire... "Well we can certainly go somewhere, but I'm going to be honest, how do I know lass, that you're not going to kill me at your first chance?" Sawyer was being very realistic about his caution. "I mean it's not like I hear about vampires on a daily basis, just from crazy people and those with too much time on their hands."

Sawyer was convinced that he would be safe, but he was still being cautious. "Let's head to my loft."

Carmen knew that he would be asking that, she sighed softly. "If I was going to kill you I would have done it in the hotel room." she sighed softly and leaned down to pick up one for grocery bags.

"Lead the way Sawyer." The girl was a little somber now, not sure how she felt about talking about things long since past.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Modern Life of The Gypsy (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus