Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Red's promise

Red watched as her best friend, Ash, walked away into the thick fog.
"You lied. I wont stick around to protect you. It seems like I am the only one trieing to keep this friendship alive. I'm done waiting for you to try," Ash said bitterly, walking away and disappearing into the fog.
"Wait! No please! Your my best friend...." Red whispered the last part as her calls died away in the now empty field.
Tears welled up in her eyes and she felt like her heart was being ripped in two. No. I wont be weak like this. I will get stronger. I will make you trust me again.

The birds trilled their early morning song as the fog drifted away. Red stood up, feeling a little weak but ready to get stronger. She drew her gold-bladed sword and gripped the hilt tightly.
Maybe i should find some people to go with me....
Arien left the town behind him and stopped short to throw his arms out and inhale with exaggeration. "Ah! Nothing like the fresh air of wide open spaces to-" He coughed suddenly as he inhaled a massive lungful of fog.

"Gah! I thought I left this stuff behind forever." He rasped as he grabbed for his canteen and brought it to his lips for a drink of water. His cough subsided and he looked around in the fog.

"Er, Bella? Bella!" He called into the misty field. "Stupid wolf. I refuse to play games with you like this. I am not going to call Tabasco on myself--" he realized his mistake too late and muttered an oath as suddenly a black creature sprang for him.

"Get. Off!" Arien shoved the black, golden-eyed, wolf off his chest and then made her sit. "Alright Bella, tonight we're going to behave--okay?"

Bella seemed to nod briefly before choosing to sprint away into the mist; ears pricked forward and tail high as though she'd caught scent of something interesting. "Or not." Arien muttered, adjusting his sword hilt and following after the wolf. "I shouldn't have told Nathan I'd watch you for a week."
Red and Sophia (played by StillDoll) Topic Starter

"Neo! Nex!" snapped Red.
Nex trotted up to Red and growled for Neo to keep up. Neo trailed slowly behind Red and Nex.
What are we going to do now, Red? Neo sent the thought to Red.
"I am going to go into town while YOU TWO are going to catch some fish in the stream by the waterfall. We are gonna need all the food we can get at the start of this," Red speaks softly to the two white tigers.
Neo, Nex and Red part ways. The two tigers head off toward the stream, while Red walks into town. Keeping her hand on her sword's hilt, ready to draw it if any threats were made.
Arien never prided himself in being able to keep up with Bella--so when he did catch up to her and saw that her fur was raised in alarm, his hand fell to his sword.

"What is it, girl?" He asked softly. The fog was beginning to burn off and while he wasn't as skilled a tracker as Nathan, he could still make out pawprints in the snow. Large pawprints that didn't look like Bella's.

"Uh oh." He really didn't want a fight on his hands, and with a creature of this size, the outcome wouldn't be in his favor. Even with Bella. He did hear the sound of water nearby and he drew his sword as quietly as possible. If there was a threat, he'd be ready to defend himself. He inched forward, towards the stream, motioning for Bella to stay with him.

Neo listened to the wind winding around the trees and heard the faint rustle of fall leaves as something animal-like moved towards the stream.
Somethings headed this way. Neo sent the thought to his brother Nex.
Nex instantly heard what Neo heard and sat up, looking around. Scanning the trees, he thought about the best action to take.
Neo..act like you never heard anything. I will keep fishing, while you keep guard.
Neo nodded in acknowledgement and kept listening.

Red went into the store and bought sveral canisters of water and a few packages of food. She tossed a few gold coins on the counter and nodded to the cashier as she walked out. Sensing that Neo and Nex were in trouble, she quickly shoved the groceries in her bag. Then she took off at a fast walk.
More pawprints appeared in the softer ground as Arien approached the stream. A low growl came from Bella, as she sniffed the wind.

"How many are there?" he whispered to himself.

He heard some splashing up ahead, and judging by Bella's discomfort, he figured that was where the animals were. His grip on the sword tightened as he ducked behind a tree to get a better view of what he was tracking.

It looked like a giant white cat, fishing in the stream. Bella growled for real this time, her hackles raised. "No, Bella," Arien hissed, knowing that one would be more than a match for him and the wolf if it chose to attack.

Nex made his fur lie flat on his shoulders. Neo sniffed the wind and mapped out their surroundings then slowly and quietly made a wide circle around the two intruders.
Nex keep them distracted. I've got them covered from behind Neo sent the message and krept up closer, but not close enough to be detected.

Red exited from town and took off running towards the stream, drawing her sword.
Arien looked up into the tree he was hiding behind. If he climbed it perhaps he could see better? But that would leave Bella undefended on the ground.

"Stay," he commanded the wolf as he sheathed his sword, and then scaled the tree. It wasn't a big tree, just big enough to bear his weight for the first six feet. He tossed a loop of rope over one branch, securing it to the tree, and then jumped back down to the ground, where he formed a quick noose in the other end. For the moment, he was content in watching the one near the stream.

Neo flicked his ears in irritation. He couldnt see a thing that was going on, no matter how much he could hear the branches creaking and the rope burning the bark by being dragged across it.
Nex do something!Neo growled.
Nex fished out another fish then gathered up the small pile of large fish in his jaws. He trotted toward a patch of sunlight, that shone through the trees. Setting down the fish and scratching dirt over it, to save for later, he laid down in the sunny patch of light. A cool breeze swept through the trees.

Red sped up and warily looked out for enemies, getting closer to the stream.
Impressed by the large cat's fishing talent, Arien turned to make a comment to Bella--only to find that the wolf had disobeyed his order to stay.

"Bella!" he hissed after her.

Bella however didn't stray too far--she remained within eyesight, though her ears swiveled to listen to the sounds around her. She began to move in a circle, Arien at the middle, as she growled and her fur was up. It took Arien a moment to realize that Bella was actually warning off anything that came too near. And then suddenly she was gone--vanished into a sudden patch of shadow.

Red saw s msn standing by a tree, watching Nex. Red calls Neo with a silent five note whistle as she dives forward. Letting Neo jump over her and land next to the stranger, growling. Red jumps up and does a side flip in the air as she lands next to the man as well as Neo.
Arien yelped in surprise as the ambush was sprung--not by him, but ON him. He drew his sword to defend himself, before realizing that the large cat wasn't his only opponent.

He kept the point of his sword on the cat as he backed up closer to the tree. "Who are you? What are they?" he asked, even as he saw Bella gliding into position behind the cat--ready to pounce.

Nex was behind the wolf quicker than a blink of an eye. Neo kept himself trained on the strange man. Red kept an icy gaze on the man.
"I should be asking you those questions," Red said in a steely voice.
Red pointed the tip her sword at the man's throat.
Bella turned swiftly, teeth bared, fur raised in fear. She snapped in warning, gold eyes meeting those of the tiger--hoping to paralyze him.

Arien glanced around for an escape--but aside from the smallish tree at his back--he was pretty much stuck. "Alright," he slowly lowered his sword, figuring that if the tigers were going to eat him they'd have done it by now.

"I'm Arien Chase. I was just leaving town when my wolf caught a scent she didn't like--so I thought I'd investigate." He offered a small smile. "I don't mean harm unless they mean to attack." He wouldn't call off Bella unless he was sure of the latter.

Nex flashed to replace Neo's place as Neo took Nex's place. Neo was of course blind so nothing that had to do with the eyes could harm him. Neo bared his fangs and growled. Red whistled a silent five note tune and the two tigers instantly sat down and relaxed.
"They will if they or myself are threatened," Red smirked. "Your lucky I showed up when i did otherwise you wouldve been they're mid-day snack," she finished then slightly relaxed her grip on the sword.
Red stayed on guard though, not sure of the wolf at her back. Neo felt her uneasiness and quickly jumped up, growling and baring his fangs again.
"Indeed," said Arien with his smile growing slightly more cocky. "It's not every day I find myself needing to be rescued by a damsel."

He was surprised by how well the woman could control the tigers. He snapped his fingers to get the wolf's attention. "Here, Bella; down girl."

The wolf flicked an ear back to Arien, and then pinned her ears back as she reluctantly returned to his side; keeping an eye on the tigers the whole time. Arien gingerly reached down to pat the wolf. "Good, Bella, easy." He looked back at the woman. "So, ah, no damage done. And I didn't quite catch your name...?"

"Thats because i never told you,"snapped Red.
Red became irritated that this stranger had called her a damsel.
"Neo. Nex. Come. We are leaving. Nex please go retrieve the fish," ordered Red.
"Wait! Don't leave." Arien attempted to follow. "Was it something I said? Look, like I was saying, I just wanted to take a look at what was out here--I didn't mean to attack. And I didn't mean to offend you. It's just not everyday that you run into a woman with two large cats at her beck and call."

His eyes landed on the sword the woman had held. "Not to mention a sword. How good are you with that, anyway?"

Red didnt even glance behind her but threw her sword towards the man. She missed by a fraction of an inch and it went through the whole width of the tree behind him, splitting the tree in half. A gold chain connected her to her swords hilt.
"I missed on purpose that time. Next time i wont," Red promised.
Jerking the chain, her sword flew back to her. She catches it by the hilt then places it back into its sheath on her back. Nex trotted up with the fish.
Arien's eyes widened in surprise and then amusement. "Wow! I've never seen anything like that! Do you offer lessons?" His eyes dipped to the blue-stoned hilt of his own sword, imagining himself doing the same trick before he frowned. A swordsman without a sword was left vulnerable.

"You wouldn't have hit me anyway," said Arien confidently. "I've got my own...talents too you know." His eyes widened a little, growing unfocused for a moment, before his image vanished--only to reappear three steps in front of Red. He spread his arms for balance as much as for flourish. "See?" Of course, if she chose to attack him--he'd be unprepared, but he was gambling on her being too surprised to do too much damage.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Red's promise

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus