Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » (Closed) EPIC SOCKS GIVEAWAY

Sanne Moderator

Entries are closed!

I don't know about you guys, but after last week's epic adventure I'm beat and I need to sit back and relax! What better way to do so than with a pair of socks to knit?! Last year around the winter holidays, I had a giveaway for socks (you can see them in the picture below!). It was such a success and people were so excited about it, I decided to spice up the Epic festivities with some Epic socks. ;)

For Epic Week I'm giving away another pair of custom, handknit socks!

AX6jmhu.jpg I will knit these socks in a fiber of the winner's choice - allergic to wool? I'll knit with acrylics! Want a pair of lovely wool socks? No problem! Prefer comfy cotton socks? Will do!

The design of the socks will not include picture-type embellishments (such as a symbol, logo, a picture or text), however I can knit the socks with a variety of patterns for you to pick from. :) A self-patterning yarn also works out great to make plain socks look awesome, so we have a whole bunch to work with! I will give you all the info you need to figure out what you want me to knit if you win, no worries.

Everyone can enter and the giveaway is absolutely FREE! You won't have to pay anything to receive these socks if you win! Read the rules below to find out how to enter.

The deadline for entering is on May 31st. A dice roll in this topic will determine the winner.

A recent pair of socks I knit for myself!
2016-05-18.jpg 2016-05-18.jpg
2016-05-18.jpg

The Rules:
  • Because this concerns a real life prize, I will need your real-life address (or a P.O. box) to send these socks to you. Please provide it ASAP if you're the winner!
  • If you are not 18 years old yet, you must have permission from your parents to enter and share your information with me. Please put "I'm a minor and I have parental permission to enter" if this applies to you, somewhere in your post.
  • You will need to measure (or get someone else to measure) your feet for me using this chart if you win. (Tip: you can write the measurements down before you enter and keep them handy in case you win. It only takes a few minutes and will make life easier!)
  • You may not enter as a(n anonymous) character to prevent cheating. You must post as yourself.
  • Post in this topic with the message "I agree to the giveaway rules". If your message does not include this phrase, your entry will not be counted.
  • I have cats in my household and cannot, in any way, guarantee my knitting is cat hair free. Please don't enter if you have allergies, I absolutely don't want to put your health at risk!
  • If you are rolled as the winner and cannot provide me with your address, feet measurements and information on what kind of socks you want within five days of being messaged, I will roll for a new winner. (I free up time in my schedule to knit these socks for the winner, not having the required information makes life more difficult for me I'm afraid!)

Additionally I will only knit socks for the person who entered and won. Due to address privacy concerns and potential allergy issues (among others) I won't be knitting for a family member, an SO, a friend or anyone who's not on the site and didn't enter this contest saying "I WANT YOUR SOCKS". That's not to be mean, I just don't want to make things more complex and problematic. If you want to have something knit for someone else you can always contact me for commission info. :)

Got any questions?
If you have any questions about what the different fiber options are, what's possible in terms of design etc. feel free to post that or PM me! I will happily answer your questions.

Entries:
  1. CelestinaGrey
  2. Zhi
  3. Virus
  4. Novalyyn
  5. Rynh
  6. MadRatBird
  7. Cas
  8. SpilledInk
  9. SarietheFae
  10. Runya
  11. Bonebag
  12. LightSide-Lotus
  13. ghostfox
  14. Penholder
  15. isakitten
  16. InsaneShadow
  17. Tolora
  18. fadedsympathy
  19. Victoriantruth
  20. Phoenixcan
  21. Ruix
  22. Amirrora
Woohoo!!
I agree to the giveaway rules!
Sanne, you're such a sweet little knitty lady! My RA knits a lot and she reminds me so much of you!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCKS

I agree to the giveaway rules
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Jon-Stewart-Clapping.gif

Added you!! <3
I agree to the giveaway rules.

So...

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!! 8D
I agree to the giveaway rules. I agree to the giveaway rules. I AGREE TO THE GIVEAWAY RUUUUUULES.
I need more socks in my life! I agree to the the giveaway rules!
socksOCKSOCKS

This is so sweet of you ;o;

I agree to the giveaway rules, definitely 8O
Definitely.

I agree to the terms of the give away!

Added everyone!

Also added another 'rule' after receiving some questions on the matter. Shouldn't be anything significant to most folks, just an explanation really. :)
PANGAEA

My feet need hugs too!! <3 <3

I agree to the the giveaway rules!
SarietheFae

ME me i will agree to giveaway rules..i loove the owl kin i won last year
Ooooh, how can I say no to SOOOOCKS <3333

(And yes, I agree to the the giveaway rules.)
I WILL SELL MY SOUL TO SANNE UNCONDITIONALLY FOREVER AND EVER, AND AGREE TO THE GIVEAWAY RULES
The fluffy. It's unbearable. I must HAVE!

I agree to the giveaway rules!
This sounds fun. Why not.

I agree to the giveaway rules! :)

Huzzah! Updated the list. :)

*harvests soul*
Kim Site Admin

Good luck to everyone who's competing! :-)
Yes! Cotton socks!

I AGREE TO THE GIVEAWAY RULES!
Oooo socks. I agree to the giveaway rules!

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » (Closed) EPIC SOCKS GIVEAWAY

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus