Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A Hero Stands... Stumbles (open)

The Red Fool (played by TheLily) Topic Starter

"No, I didn't run into him on purpose. I was at the bus station. I just got back from a trip to see my dad." Out of her pocket she pulled a ticket from her jeans pocket. While she hadn't actually been on the bus, she still bought a ticket. She did every time she went out in her costume, terrified someone would figure out her identity.

"The puddle was just outside the bus, slipped, caught my hand on the rail and twisted." While she was waving the ticket she didn't realise her name was on it, and she was showing Roosevelt her name in full - Annabella Jacqueline Todd.
"Ah," Roosevelt caught the name as it was waved around. "I couldn't help but overhear that you told Cody your name was Marie...? A nickname?"

He was giving her the benefit of the doubt. Or was he? He finished wrapping the bandage around her ankle. "It's just a sprain, nothing broken--from the looks and the fact you've been hobbling everywhere. But I'd still recommend staying off it for a while."

He frowned though as the name stirred up some memory--he'd seen some sort of article in the newspaper recently, hadn't he?

"Did I tell him that? Hmm, strange." She looked down at her foot, "Am I just sittin' here where I am, or will I get a nice comfy chair?" She laughed mirthlessly, looking miserable, "Thanks for the bandage, dude."
Roosevelt chuckled. "Trust me, if we had a chair to spare, we'd be sitting on it. Unfortunately, circumstances being what they are...we don't exactly have a chair."

He frowned suddenly. "I think I know you. Were you featured in a newspaper article recently?"

Cody Wesson was on his way back sans the blue prints.

A wild moment of panic touched her eyes, "No. I don't think so." A picture of her in her costume had been featured on the news twice. She tried to think if the picture had shown the little beauty on her chin. Her eyes were a different colour, but the same shape, as were her brows, and her smile. Thank the lord for straight teeth.

As she grimaced, she made the exact same face as in the photo. She was thinking, and her concentration face was easily spotted, which made for bad luck for her.

rolled 1d10 and got 3

Roosevelt spoke at the same moment Cody drew even. "I knew it! I thought I recognized you. You're that vigilante person. You look different, but...I can see some similarity."

Cody stopped short, his eyes flickering from Roosevelt to the girl and back again. "What are you talking about Roo? She can't possibly be her." His eyebrow twitched and he turned to look at her. "Are you?"

AJ laughed, throwing her head back, "I'm not like sailor moon or something - I've got short black hair, you can even see it on my driver's licence." She pulled it out, forgetting that she was wearing contacts and her eye colour was naturally grey. It wasn't a usual colour and the bright green of her contacts might give her away further.

She looked at the card for a moment, "Nevermind." She gulped, shoving it back into her pocket, turning to make a run for it. It was her only (foolish) hope.
If she'd just laughed it off, perhaps she might have gotten away with nothing more than suspicion. Instead, her attempt at running triggered both men's self-preservation attempts.

Cody and Roosevelt lunged as one for her; one for the legs, the other for her arm. "If it's all the same to you, we'd rather you stick around for a bit." Cody said. "Especially if you are that vigilante."

AJ groaned and sighed softly, "Does this mean I can sit down now?" She struggled against their arms, wondering if perhaps she could get away. Clearly she would have to move and change her super identity, if she continued to do these sorts of things, "Y'know, you don't have to break my arm, loosen up a bit."
They let her up, but Roosevelt retained a firm grip on her arm. "Sorry, we're in a bit of bind right now," said Roosevelt, glancing at Cody.

Cody nodded, crossing his arms over his chest. "We would appreciate your help in cooperating with us. In return, we'll let you go." He checked his watch and nodded. "What do you say?"

She cocked a brow, looking at him, "So, uh, whatcha want help with then? Cause if this is a matter of me sittin' real still, I can do that. I'm real good at that."
"Actually, we'd like you to deliver some information for us. See, there's no point in causing havoc if no one knows about it." Cody smiled as he hooked his hands into his pockets. "We're planning some fireworks in one of the local buildings. The only thing is, we'd rather not hurt the local citizens. We're aiming higher."

She kept her eyebrow high, "Lemme see if I've got this straight. You want me to take a message to someone, to let them know it's not safe, but also to make sure they don't disarm whatever you're doing, is that right?" She knit her brows together, confused.
"We're not telling you where we put the bombs. Or which building. We'll give you a block the building is located on. And we'll give you an hour to warn people. In the meantime, you can stay with us. Roosevelt, do you have your jeep on hand?"

Roosevelt nodded. "Yes sir. Parked just around the corner."

AJ paled visibly, looking like she might be ill, "Seriously/ Why though?" She hobbled along with them, her ankle hurting worse than befoer. She swallowed hard, looking around, trying to remember what the building looked like. Maybe once she was back on the street and knew where to look, she could figure it out.
Satisfied by her reaction, Cody smiled. "We want the attention of the media. It's hard to do that when they're throwing guesses around, and the last thing we want is for some nobody to claim it was their work."

Pride before the fall. Hopefully the fall of the government--not the Resistance. "Besides, you're smart enough that you'd probably give them a running chance to attempt to disarm them."

She cocked a brow, "I think you might have me confused with some other hero. I'm not exactly good with the thinkin's." She laughed some, "Most of my teachers were surprised when I graduated, much less used my brain outside of school." It was true, but she was trying to think logically.
Cody shrugged. "There's two different smarts: book smarts and street smarts. You don't have to be good at school to be smart; the latter is more beneficial, I've found."

Roosevelt's jeep came into view then, and he pulled out a set of keys. "Back to base?" he asked, with a wary look at their 'guest'.

AJ was inspecting her nail polish, looking at the chips. She didn't even seem to be paying attention to where she was walking as she bumped into the jeep and fell back on her butt. She quickly memorized the plate, not that she was sure that it would make a difference, "That really hurt."
"You alright?" Cody asked as he helped her to her feet and then into the passenger side of the Jeep.

Roosevelt started the ignition and then glanced over at her. "Well, you wanted a chair right? Probably not one you were expecting though."

Cody settled down in the backseat, behind their guest, alert in case she tried to bail.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A Hero Stands... Stumbles (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus