Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » What do you do for fun?

Just like the title says. Sans roleplaying, what do all of you guys do to distract yourselves? Personally, I am a huge computer and car dude - I just find them the most awesome things since french fries and icecream. I also really enjoy hanging out with my friends, but due to my current living situation (stepdad's in the army), I don't really get to do that too much anymore, even if they only live about two hours away from me.

But what about you all? Do you like games? Making or listening to music? Perhaps you enjoy thinking of new ways to terrorize the kids that keep throwing snow at your car and cracking your windshield? Or maybe it's some far more relaxed, like settling in on the couch and reading your favorite book while nibbling away at some candy? Whatever it is, let's hear it. I will be absolutely flabbergasted if we all don't share a single thing in common - besides RPR and rp'ing.
I either write stories/poems or play games (mostly LoL and SCII. Oh and MINCECRAFT.) in my normal free time. Besides that I do STUFF with my girlfriend.
And then there's me and my nerd friends doing nerdy things. From building coil guns to playing MTG to setting up plans for world domination. We also discuss about science, because we can.
Earendill wrote:
I either write stories/poems or play games (mostly LoL and SCII. Oh and MINCECRAFT.) in my normal free time. Besides that I do STUFF with my girlfriend.
And then there's me and my nerd friends doing nerdy things. From building coil guns to playing MTG to setting up plans for world domination. We also discuss about science, because we can.
My best friend is currently suffering from a minor addiction to Minecraft, so I'm guessing it's good. I hate MTG (because I hate TCGs). I spend my free time drawing, watching movies, writing, playing pool, and drinking beer. Beer is good. I loves me some beer.

...beer...
Haaaaaah Eare... I have a friend addicted to Minecraft. I hate the game because I haven't RPed with him in three weeks because of it. xD

Like you, BB, I love hanging out with my friends but I can't do it often. (My social life person-to-person is usually restricted to Sundays; church and youth group). I'm usually with the 'gaming' aspect, as far as doing stuff for fun. I LOVE to write, so I usually do that. I have commissions on dA I work on, and I edit a novel I wrote for NaNoWriMo. Other than that (and RPing, that's a big part of my time...), I just got a tablet for Christmas so I am trying to get myself skilled on that. I like to read (Manga ftw), and I like to play videogames on the Wii.

I feel pathetic. But yeah. That's me. XD
Andryn wrote:
Beer is good.

God is great, and people are crazy. (love that song)
Ilmarinen Moderator

I make pictures and sometimes even art! I also make maps and items and scripts for Furcadia. And armor and other stuff out of leather. I make things, basically--and then have no idea what to do with them. I also snuggle my cats. Relentlessly. And hang out with Thor.

I'm also a professional internet connoisseur.
Heimdall wrote:
I also snuggle my cats. Relentlessly.

Unfortunately, my cats aren't snuggly. :(
Can I have yours? <3
Dragonfire Moderator

Aside from hanging out in roleplaying sections of the interwebs, I nurse my Neopets account, play lots of video games, knit, and bake. I have level 10 pie mastery, and am working on grinding cakes. Recent experiments with ice cream have also proven successful. :3

It's looking like I'm going to be spending a lot more time wrangling cat, though. We just got our new kitten yesterday, and he's a needy, if friendly, little bugger.
Dragonfire wrote:
It's looking like I'm going to be spending a lot more time wrangling cat, though. We just got our new kitten yesterday, and he's a needy, if friendly, little bugger.

awwww I want a kitten!! <3
Kim Site Admin

There's... there's things to do other than RP and work? O.O

No, I kid. When I can carve out time in my schedule, I dance, and when I get started I dance a lot. Mostly belly dance but I want to find a partner and get back into swing/lindy hop. I also like to read, make art, and look through these forums. Plus, I have a fuzzy white dog I like to take on jogs and teach to do silly pet tricks.

Also every once in a blue moon I program something random and quick, but these days the RPR satisfies most of my programming urges and then some. ;)
My hobbies are pretty goofy, and involve World of Warcraft, playing on my TI-84 calculator, watching children's TV shows and thinking for way longer than I should about fictional magic systems. Sometimes, when I'm really bored, I'll hop onto Youtube and go on a magical adventure looking for new and obscure folk metal bands; when I'm even more bored, I might even draw! I have two cats that I regularly pick up and rub on my face, because this is the most profound form of affection.

Anyone who's known me for two seconds can probably attest to the fact that I like clocks very much. I have a collection, and it fills me with great joy to wind them and preen them and make sure they're all on Time. Sometimes I also rub them on my face, but this is a secret only the internet is allowed to know. Shh.
Kim Site Admin

Wizard wrote:
Anyone who's known me for two seconds can probably attest to the fact that I like clocks very much. I have a collection, and it fills me with great joy to wind them and preen them and make sure they're all on Time. Sometimes I also rub them on my face, but this is a secret only the internet is allowed to know. Shh.

You can trust the internet. We won't tell.
SeraphicStar

I WILL TELL! Oh, no I won't. But just because you also love TI-84s *squee*.

What do I do for fun. Well, a game from time to time - usually RPGs and adventure games. I also stalk people and torture them by being myself. Oh, and cartoons. I have an unholy love for cartoons, as you can see if you just notice my avatar (SSSSPOOOOOOOONNNNNN!). Cartoons, cartoons, cartoons. I also have a (SHAMELESS PLUG) blog over at ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com, where I talk about various lovable and inept bad guys in media. I also pretend I can play the violin in order to torture my neighbors.

I also serve my only master, Charles The Ice-Cold Superspy White Cat.
Kim Site Admin

Earendill wrote:
I either write stories/poems or play games (mostly LoL and SCII. Oh and MINCECRAFT.)

Minecraft? OMG, OMG, Minecraft. Minecraft, OMG.
SeraphicStar wrote:
I also have a (SHAMELESS PLUG) blog over at ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com, where I talk about various lovable and inept bad guys in media.

That sounds pretty interesting. I'm going to have to check that out.
Dragonfire Moderator

Kim wrote:
Mostly belly dance but I want to find a partner and get back into swing/lindy hop.

Oh, hey, bellydancing. I do that too. I'm taking a bit of a break from classes and performing right now, though. Theoretically I should be using this time to fix the two costumes I 'broke' last summer, buuuut hello, lazy. Y'do any particular kinda style, Kim?
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Most of my time is taken up by making animated movies.

When I'm not doing that I like to game, mod said games, create models, read and write.

Oh and get distracted by Minecraft.

Which was Kim's fault :p
SeraphicStar wrote:
I WILL TELL! Oh, no I won't. But just because you also love TI-84s *squee*.

What do I do for fun. Well, a game from time to time - usually RPGs and adventure games. I also stalk people and torture them by being myself. Oh, and cartoons. I have an unholy love for cartoons, as you can see if you just notice my avatar (SSSSPOOOOOOOONNNNNN!). Cartoons, cartoons, cartoons. I also have a (SHAMELESS PLUG) blog over at ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com, where I talk about various lovable and inept bad guys in media. I also pretend I can play the violin in order to torture my neighbors.

I also serve my only master, Charles The Ice-Cold Superspy White Cat.

I almost died because for a moment I thought you WERE TGWTG. xD

Charles sounds interesting. And omg yay cartoons!
SeraphicStar

Charles is terror.

*grumbles* I wish I was TGWTG. Then I'd have nice things.
SeraphicStar wrote:
Charles is terror.

*grumbles* I wish I was TGWTG. Then I'd have nice things.

*pats* It's okay. You're still epic.
Bonebag Topic Starter

Wizard wrote:

I'll be watching you, Sylar. You stay away from my brain. /shamelessheroesreference

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » What do you do for fun?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus