Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Geek's Crush [1x1]

Acetin Weight (played by PeacockMan) Topic Starter

Acetin nearly dies when she kissed his cheek. Chase walked over to him after diane left and said "hey, bro! See, everything turned out ay-ok! Now,are you ready for jazz band practice?" I said yes, too shocked to say anything more. As he walked to jwas band practice, he thought about how she had whispered the time and place. almost like she didn't want anyone to hear her. 7:00 on main Street park? If all seemed slightly cryptic to him, but he was too excited to think too much of it. After school, he watched her walk off into the distance to her home before walking in the opposite direction to his house. He spent most of the time up to 6:30 perfecting his ideas. He decided to go early, so he yelled into the kitchen "Im gonna meet with a friend for a school project, I'll be back in about an hour or two." And left to the park. His mom would go crazy on him if she knew he was meeting with a girl. She would start asking a million things, like "how old is she? Where does she live? Who are her parents?" Like she always did whenever I so much as mentioned a girl in her presence. He got there slightly early and decided to sit on a bench with his notebook and double check his work, eagerly awaiting Diane's presence.
Diana le fae (played anonymously)

As you approach you began to notice no less than 7 different science text books around her as she sits on a park bench paying no attention to the world around her as she reads each one .

Acetin's insides are full of butterflies as he notices that diane is either smart, or is having a lot of trouble in science class. He also realizes that it probably isn't the latter, and starts internally screaming 'YES! THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME" and goes over to here, almost running. He stops and asks, "what'cha reading there?" And peers over her shoulder, noticing that none of the books are on topics that they have yet discussed, and that she must be getting a headstart on next week's lesson, or taking extra credit classes. Still unsure of whether she is a nerd on the inside, or if she just needs the boost in her grades, he mentions that he actually has already learned most of these topics and can help her out if she would like.

" this project is too simple" she pulls out a penury butter jar and a spoon and begins to eat out of it...strangely she's only eating the middle out of it

"Of course it's easy. It's meant to help the kids who are flunking. But it also gives the smart kids a chance to get real creative! And if you think we should use peanut butter, then I say, wait and check out some of these ideas." He says. Acetin pulls out his notebook and shows diane some scribbled sketches of an egg in a shoe box suspended in it by multiple strings. It creates a kind of 'cacoon' around the egg and gives it some springyness. Next to it is another drawing of an egg just completely covered in rubber bands, creating a large rubber ball around it, and granting it some bounce. There is also a picture of an in a glassjar of cooking oil and jello. Next to this drawing is the words 'fire Warning's. The final drawing is an egg that has a small wind up motor with some propellers on top. In the top left corner, there is also a large scribbled out portion. "Do any of these ideas stand out to you?" He asks after explaining each drawing.

After eating out the middle of the peanut butter she pulls out an egg and placed it in the slot in the middle of the peanut butter. After screwing the lid back on she climbed to the top of a nearby tree and dropped the jar " or" it hits the ground and she jumps down and picks it up and walks over to you pulling the peanut butter covered egg out of the jar and handing it to you...it's not boiled not scratched and no cracks it's just fine. "See easy A"

"that's the easy way to do it! Don't you want something original? I'm sure there's gonna be 30 Peanut butter jar eggs. But how many helicopter eggs are there gonna be? And how many eggs are gonna explode into a fireball and live?" He said in a slightly exasperated voice. "This is our time to go big!" He said.

" Hun going big and flashy ain't my style....I'm thinkin practical is all"

"Well, there is more expected of me. Not sure how the teacher would react if I turned in a peanut butter egg! It's jsut too easy for me." He said, slightly annoyed, but trying to stay patient. "I know your just trying to sail along as fast as possible and not ever think back to these times, but I would like more than that. I'm setting myself up for a career here, and time can sure fly sometimes." He said, obviously wanting to have said this to somebody for some time "and I guess I'm just a little scared of the future. It's gonna come, and I'm gonna start being responsible for everything, including money and buying a house, and buying a car!" He said, immediately regretting it. "I'm sorry to vent off on you, but I am fed up with everyone just not trying and them just getting it made up with an 'easy' A assignment" acetin said apologetically. His face went slightly red now that his problems were known by someone else.

She quickly stood up and was at his side...her pale yet smooth white hand tracing the area between his ear and his chin...." Close your eyes" she says softly " there is no worry...no future...no problems...just you and me in this moment right now"

Acetin did what Diana said, not wanting to look too uptight, just took a little bit of time to just be in the moment. He didn't think about anything but her, and he began to loosen up a little. He took a couple of deep breaths and paused for a moment. "Sorry about that. I may be a nerd, but sometimes my emotions can flare up real quick for no reason at all!" He said, trying to not look like a total jerk. "We can go with the peanut butter idea if you want, I understand if you don't want to work too much into this." He said, feeling very sheepish and his face turning slightly red again from embarrassment.

"It's ok we can use one of your ideas and be inventive ...by the way in your shoe box diagram you messed up a bit on your math....carry the one"

Acetin double checked his math. He had missed out on a one. "I've got the world's messiest handwriting" he said jokingly. "How did you see that I just with a glance at the paper?" He asked, confused how he could miss it with hours of work and she saw it within a glance.

"Their also isn't enough springs to support the box"

He checked it and sure enough, she was right. There needed to be at least 2 more to avoid complete compression. "Thanks, but, how exactly did you know that? Are you some kind of secret genius?" Acetin asked jokingly. He chuckled a bit at his own joke.

"Tell anyone and I will kill you....just warning you"

"Alright, alright" he said cautiously, but also chuckling as he said it. He couldn't believe that someone as popular as her was actually smart! "So, would you like to go down to DQ and get a shake while we talk over our project? My treat." He said. He never left the house unprepared, and he had 20$ in his pocket.

" no need...I know a great stake house down the way...it's expensive for most but I have money to spare "

"well, let me at least pay with what I have" he said, going along with her idea. It would be rude of him to make her pay for all of it just because it was a little more expensive than he thought. "I've got 20$, you can use it to help pay for the bill." He said, holding an outstretched hand towards her with the bill in it.

" hunny where we are going...20 dollars is what you tip the waiters"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Geek's Crush [1x1]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus